Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Ryan Grigson - Worst GM of 2013?

Quote:Turnovers, keep em comin

Wins, keep em comin

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Wins, keep em comin
Except when they matter, keep em comin

Quote:Except when they matter, keep em comin

Lol, you really are trying way too hard.

You do realize only 1 team wins every year, right?

Quote:Lol, you really are trying way too hard.

You do realize only 1 team wins every year, right?
What do Peyton and Wilson have in common? Colts passed on both of em. We all know Colts sucked for Luck, but are they supposed to be still sucking for Luck? Super Bowl or Bust. Right now, he's a bust

Quote:What do Peyton and Wilson have in common? Colts passed on both of em. We all know Colts sucked for Luck, but are they supposed to be still sucking for Luck? Super Bowl or Bust. Right now, he's a bust

LOL

You can see it in Luck's eyes. He'll never live up to his draft cause he loves throwin' picks too much. Thank you Air Arians

You guys are trying to make points based on the Pro Bowl??

Sad. Really sad.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:You guys are trying to make points based on the Pro Bowl??

Sad. Really sad.

This is what Haterade has turned to...

Good grief Pagano. Nice clock management. Cost my Poz 27K. Sanders needs some of that Gus juice

Quote:Good grief Pagano. Nice clock management. Cost my Poz 27K. Sanders needs some of that Gus juice
Luckily JeansMiff has us overpaying him by 3 million next year  :teehee:

Quote:I don't think I'd trade places with the Colts, but I would darn sure take their QB in a heart beat.
This is definitely my sentiments. That roster got off easy this year in our weak division. As the competitions gets better they are gonna start looking closer to 500. Once Mathis goes down (and it will probably start next season), that whole d-line won't be as good, and 'solid' starters will start becoming Alualu. Luckily for the Colts, they have Luck, and that alone should guarantee competitive teams for awhile. But I would bet that it will take a new GM/approach in 2-3 years before he wins anything of significance.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

I think the Colts would be in trouble if the Jags/Titans/Texans hadn't been in so much trouble recently.  All three have fired their coaches within the past year or so.  None have a decent QB situation.  It's kind of like the Patriots situation.  None of their divisional opponents has their [BAD WORD REMOVED] together.  

Andrew Luck is a really talented QB.  But he's not Peyton Manning.  I don't think he'll drag the team kicking and screaming into the playoffs each year if the team doesn't build right. I think Irsay knows that.  The T-Rich trade is a strike against Grigson.  He's going to have a tough job this year because of it.  I wouldn't say Grigson was the worst GM in 2013.  And he's certainly not Gene Smith tier.  But I would say that he's got more work ahead of him than some colts fans want to admit.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:I think the Colts would be in trouble if the Jags/Titans/Texans hadn't been in so much trouble recently.  All three have fired their coaches within the past year or so.  None have a decent QB situation.  It's kind of like the Patriots situation.  None of their divisional opponents has their [BAD WORD REMOVED] together.  

Andrew Luck is a really talented QB.  But he's not Peyton Manning.  I don't think he'll drag the team kicking and screaming into the playoffs each year if the team doesn't build right. I think Irsay knows that.  The T-Rich trade is a strike against Grigson.  He's going to have a tough job this year because of it.  I wouldn't say Grigson was the worst GM in 2013.  And he's certainly not Gene Smith tier.  But I would say that he's got more work ahead of him than some colts fans want to admit.  

Let's not get ahead of ourselves on the Gene Smith tier part. I think even Gene Smith could have made the Andrew Luck pick. It was quite literally a no brainer for a team without a starting QB to select the best prospect in the last few years.

Like you said, right now Luck is making everything smell like roses in a division that's piled high in manure, but that may not always be the case.

Quote:Let's not get ahead of ourselves on the Gene Smith tier part. I think even Gene Smith could have made the Andrew Luck pick. It was quite literally a no brainer for a team without a starting QB to select the best prospect in the last few years.

Like you said, right now Luck is making everything smell like roses in a division that's piled high in manure, but that may not always be the case.

Gene Smith may could have made the Andrew Luck pick.  But Gene Smith is still bottom tier General Manager.  It takes more than trading a 1st for T-Rich to be Gene Smith tier.  A lot more.  

Quote:Gene Smith may could have made the Andrew Luck pick.  But Gene Smith is still bottom tier General Manager.  It takes more than trading a 1st for T-Rich to be Gene Smith tier.  A lot more.  

My point wasn't that Grigson has revealed himself to be Gene Smith tier, my point was that Grigson has not shown enough yet to declare that he's NOT Gene Smith tier.

A lot of people thought the future was pretty bright with Gene Smith after his first draft, too.

Quote:My point wasn't that Grigson has revealed himself to be Gene Smith tier, my point was that Grigson has not shown enough yet to declare that he's NOT Gene Smith tier.

A lot of people thought the future was pretty bright with Gene Smith after his first draft, too.

And my point is that Gene Smith is bottom tier.  Grigson would have to trade up several times and make bad selections to be Gene Smith tier.  He's been there two years, and given the choice between Grigson and Gene, I would take Grigson 100 times out of 100.

Quote:And my point is that Gene Smith is bottom tier.  Grigson would have to trade up several times and make bad selections to be Gene Smith tier.  He's been there two years, and given the choice between Grigson and Gene, I would take Grigson 100 times out of 100.

Are you comparing the perception of Grigson now to the perception of Gene Smith after two drafts or against the perception of Gene Smith in full hindsight? There's a big difference.

It's likely that Grigson will always be perceived more highly since he was the guy that got to push the free win button on Andrew Luck, but whether he actually is better than Gene Smith is hard to say.

Quote:Are you comparing the perception of Grigson now to the perception of Gene Smith after two drafts or against the perception of Gene Smith in full hindsight? There's a big difference.

It's likely that Grigson will always be perceived more highly since he was the guy that got to push the free win button on Andrew Luck, but whether he actually is better than Gene Smith is hard to say.

Yes, he is actually better than Gene Smith.  Matt Millen was better than Gene Smith.