Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kind of Bothersome

After what Russia did to hold the city of Stalingrad, along with the videos of russians dancing with bears, add on the fact none of the drivers seemed to care a meteor was crashing down on them a couple years ago and just putting the sun visor down, go watch some russian dash cam videos.

That country is the last place we want to ever go to war with.  I will gladly take them as an ally.

Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:They certainly are not a US ally, have no intention of being an ally ever and their country is run by a mad man. We are draining the swamp to replace them with business men concerned with their own pocket books.

The rest isn't even worth discussing cause it's a straw man argument.

At the moment, I believe you're correct. Why would they be our ally when career politicians (Hillary, Obama, Bush, etc.) keep with the same, tired relationship and vague threats that got us to this point in the first place. 

What reason do you have to believe that they wouldn't be our ally given the right circumstances? Also, define mad man.

Quote:So, it's the fault of the DNC that they were hacked. That's like a child telling his mother it was her fault for not putting the cookie jar out of reach.

The only thing the lack of evidence YOU'RE not seeing proves is you don't have clearance.

You Trumpettes are incredible. You're willing to buy into any scrap of information that suits your world view, but outright reject any notion your beloved Russians may have done anything wrong.
That goes both ways.  If only we held our own party to the same standard as the opposition we would not be in the mess we are in.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:I heard today it's because they have positively determined that the hack is from Cozy bear.  They had a greater than 50% confidence back in June, now it's over 90%.

Don't ask me how their confidence increased.  You're in the IT community, and probably know better than I would.

There is no definitive proof that either organization (Fancy Bear and/or Cozy Bear) was responsible for the hacks.  In addition to that, there is no definitive proof tying either group to the Russian government.  I'm not saying that it's impossible, all I'm saying is that there is not any definitive proof.

The thing is though, the story's redirection by much of the MSM is from "hacking and exposing the corruption within the DNC" to the narrative that the "election was hacked".  Democrats and their media operatives are doing their best to spread the false narrative that the election was rigged and in the meantime ignore the fact that everything that was exposed showed widespread corruption within the DNC not only in the General Election, but also in the primaries.

By the way, I'm not really in the "IT community".  I just happen to monitor and have first hand knowledge of certain things.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:There is no definitive proof that either organization (Fancy Bear and/or Cozy Bear) was responsible for the hacks. In addition to that, there is no definitive proof tying either group to the Russian government. I'm not saying that it's impossible, all I'm saying is that there is not any definitive proof.

The thing is though, the story's redirection by much of the MSM is from "hacking and exposing the corruption within the DNC" to the narrative that the "election was hacked". Democrats and their media operatives are doing their best to spread the false narrative that the election was rigged and in the meantime ignore the fact that everything that was exposed showed widespread corruption within the DNC not only in the General Election, but also in the primaries.

By the way, I'm not really in the "IT community". I just happen to monitor and have first hand knowledge of certain things.

Quoted for cause

I'm not a Trump supporter, and I feel like the next 4 years us going to be a lot of rich people getting even richer but.....

I also don't see what's wrong with being friends with Russia, so long as they dont turn around and stab us in the back later.

I have a few Russian friends, good people.

Quote:There is no definitive proof that either organization (Fancy Bear and/or Cozy Bear) was responsible for the hacks.  In addition to that, there is no definitive proof tying either group to the Russian government.  I'm not saying that it's impossible, all I'm saying is that there is not any definitive proof.

The thing is though, the story's redirection by much of the MSM is from "hacking and exposing the corruption within the DNC" to the narrative that the "election was hacked".  Democrats and their media operatives are doing their best to spread the false narrative that the election was rigged and in the meantime ignore the fact that everything that was exposed showed widespread corruption within the DNC not only in the General Election, but also in the primaries.

By the way, I'm not really in the "IT community".  I just happen to monitor and have first hand knowledge of certain things.
Maybe you read more stories from typical MSM than I do but all things I have seen regarding the "Russian thing" hasn't been called hacking the election but rather influencing or interfering. And that's from both sides of the journalistic spectrum. 

Quote:There is no definitive proof that either organization (Fancy Bear and/or Cozy Bear) was responsible for the hacks.  In addition to that, there is no definitive proof tying either group to the Russian government.  I'm not saying that it's impossible, all I'm saying is that there is not any definitive proof.

Sorry, man, from our back-and-forth I thought you knew way more about computers than I did due to your work.  Maybe you know way more because you're just plain smarter than me.

Anyhoo...

All the MSM (Damn, I can't believe I just wrote that) articles and radio I've heard have really focused much more on the fact that a hostile foreign actor exerted influence on our election than an appeal for a Hillary victory.  I bolded the part of your quote because I heard an expert on the Smerconish show definitively contradict it.  The CIA is near 100% sure it was Cozy Bear.  I don't know how they got the signature - it may be on the release of the info as opposed to the acquisition side.  If you need absolute certain confirmation, I hear that doesn't really exist in the world of spooks.

The emails didn't really expose "widespread corruption in the DNC," but they did show some embarrassing conversations within the party.  The larger point is that the RNC, though probed by the same hackers, was not exposed.  Sean Spicer of the RNC posited it was because the RNC had better security and was not hacked.  When pressed, he had to admit that he did not know whether the RNC was hacked or not.

So here are your facts:

We know the DNC was hacked.

We are almost 100% sure the Russians hacked them.

The hacked information was released strategically (with the specific goal to bring about a result favorable to Vladimir Putin - which a logical conclusion, but not yet fact).

From the NYT article:

“There shouldn’t be any doubt in anybody’s mind,” Adm. Michael S. Rogers, the director of the National Security Agency and commander of United States Cyber Command said at a postelection conference. “This was not something that was done casually, this was not something that was done by chance, this was not a target that was selected purely arbitrarily,” he said. “This was a conscious effort by a nation-state to attempt to achieve a specific effect.”

Even Donald has backtracked on his original "The CIA sucks!" tweet, to a more conciliatory "Why the hell didn't anyone talk about this before election day?"  Which we did, and in the debates, he did.

I'd think the paranoid lefties who fear Russia so badly would be comforted in his selection.

Russia was always intimidating mom jeans, his surrogates, and by extension his worshipers because they had no respect for the lightweight in chief and his joke of a staff.

Not sure they'll be behaving that way to a man they respect and can have meaningful discussions with.  Relations will become adult again.  Not friendly in a "buddy" sense, but diplomatically adult.  What we've been missing for the last eight years.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

On second thought, disregard all I've written.

Just read the NYT article.

It'll take you 15 minutes, but I promise you'll say "wow" by the end.

Quote:On second thought, disregard all I've written.

Just read the NYT article.

It'll take you 15 minutes, but I promise you'll say "wow" by the end.

Ya after reading that I'm going to go ahead and say the DNC deserved it for being idiots and blaming things on "a typo" of legitimate and illegitimate.  Blaming the FBI for not coming to them even though the FBI repeatedly warned them.  I guess the DNC has a lot of people like Clinton who don't know how to handle internet security.

Go Jags!

Quote:Ya after reading that I'm going to go ahead and say the DNC deserved it for being idiots and blaming things on "a typo" of legitimate and illegitimate.  Blaming the FBI for not coming to them even though the FBI repeatedly warned them.  I guess the DNC has a lot of people like Clinton who don't know how to handle internet security.
I came to a different conclusion, but thanks for at least reading the article.

I would believe the Russians hackers tale a lot more if the media actually covered the content of the DNC leaks.

Instead they immediately jumped on the leaks being the Russians fault and have no continued that storyline to blame the election failure on too.

Quote:I came to a different conclusion, but thanks for at least reading the article.

I can't fault them for giving us transparency of a candidate.  Would have been nice if it was for both candidates.  I can't really fault them for doing it to begin with.  If anything it shows us that we need to take cyber security and cyber warfare more seriously.   If anything the damaging leaks they let out were completely balanced by the manipulation of the mainstream media by Clinton.  This election was never played fairly and when both sides cheat its silly for one side to say the other cheated more at the end.

Go Jags!

Quote:I would believe the Russians hackers tale a lot more if the media actually covered the content of the DNC leaks.

Instead they immediately jumped on the leaks being the Russians fault and have no continued that storyline to blame the election failure on too.
Did you read the article?

Read the article.

And Hillary lost because she sucks, lost the rust belt, and no one wanted a 3rd Obama term - not because the Russians hacked her team and then released the most embarrassing info they could find.  We've covered that pretty extensively.

Yeah I have.

I find it pretty funny that the US media is outraged over supposed foreign involvment in an election.

Quote:Yeah I have.

I find it pretty funny that the US media is outraged over supposed foreign involvment in an election.

Kinda calling the kettle that one color huh.

Go Jags!

Apparently not everyone agrees.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN14204E

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(This post was last modified: 12-14-2016, 12:13 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Apparently not everyone agrees.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-tr...SKBN14204E

Was just about to post this. Well done.

"The overseers of the U.S. intelligence community have not embraced a CIA assessment that Russian cyber attacks were aimed at helping Republican President-elect Donald Trump win the 2016 election, three American officials said on Monday.

While the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) does not dispute the CIA's analysis of Russian hacking operations, it has not endorsed their assessment because of a lack of conclusive evidence that Moscow intended to boost Trump over Democratic opponent Hillary Clinton, said the officials, who declined to be named.

"ODNI is not arguing that the agency (CIA) is wrong, only that they can't prove intent," said one of the three U.S. officials. "Of course they can't, absent agents in on the decision-making in Moscow.""

Reid: Russian hacking ‘as big a deal’ as 9/11, Watergate
He truly is a disgusting person. 9/11? Really? Why do (or did) Democrats and lefties let this guy lead them?