Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the clear cut favorite to go #1 according to report

Quote:I will be surprised if he weighs under 220 at the combine.
You and me both

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bridgewater is easily the best QB in this draft. If we get him by some miracle, I will be very happy.

Another tweet from Tony Pauline, I really hope this happens.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyPauline'>Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline</a><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/423158599691415553'>6h</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Still early but source beleves if its up to Bill O'Brien expect Blake Bortles/UCF at 1st pick or Zach Mettenberger/LSU at the top of rnd 2

Zach Mettenberger needs a leg transplant or something.

Quote:Zach Mettenberger needs a leg transplant or something.

Why do you say that? He just tore an ACL, so only that needs to be repaired.

Tony Pauline is an idiot if he thinks Mettenberger is better than Manziel. He won't even be picked in the first round.

Quote:Why do you say that? He just tore an ACL, so only that needs to be repaired.

Tony Pauline is an idiot if he thinks Mettenberger is better than Manziel. He won't even be picked in the first round.

His tweet says Mettenberger at the top of the 2nd, presumably if they don't go QB for the 1st pick, I guess. I don't see anywhere where he was compared to Manziel. Why would you call someone an idiot for something they didn't indicate?

Quote:Why do you say that? He just tore an ACL, so only that needs to be repaired.

You are an idiot. Just learn to read.

Why would the Texans pick Mettenberger at #33? That tweet does not make any sense.

I am sure I read it right this time: top of round 2.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 09:58 AM by MoJo44.)

Quote:Why would the Texans pick Mettenberger at #33? That tweet does not make any sense.

If they take a guy like Clowney #1 overall, they would still need a QB.

That's where taking a QB at the top of round two comes into play.

What he said makes perfect sense.

EDIT: By the way, does anybody know how to block somebody?  Can't seem to figure it out.

"He JUST tore his acl."  

You do realize what that can do to a person right?  Guys like AP and Wes Welker don't come along often when it comes to injury recovery.  Look at what it did with RG3.  He went from being a phenom his rookie year to being benched by the end of his second year.  Having a torn ACL is probably the worst thing that can happen to a player right before the draft or at any time during their career.  There's a reason why that injury used to end careers.

Quote:Reeks of the Blaine Gabbert hype possibly going #1 a few years back. I could see someone liking Teddy over Johnny, or Johnny over Teddy, or even Clowney over those guys but Bortles is behind all three in my mind. I doubt he goes #1 overall and don't think he will even be a top 10 pick. Some team, like us with BG, might be QB hungry and overdraft him.

If they get the next BG I'm all for it.

Quote:"He JUST tore his acl."

You do realize what that can do to a person right? Guys like AP and Wes Welker don't come along often when it comes to injury recovery. Look at what it did with RG3. He went from being a phenom his rookie year to being benched by the end of his second year. Having a torn ACL is probably the worst thing that can happen to a player right before the draft or at any time during their career. There's a reason why that injury used to end careers.

Yea for skill position players it can be a potential career ender but only because their position involves a lot of cuts and lateral movement. He's a QB, its not the same.

Quote:Another tweet from Tony Pauline, I really hope this happens.

<div style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline6h
<p style="color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif;">Still early but source beleves if its up to Bill O'Brien expect Blake Bortles/UCF at 1st pick or Zach Mettenberger/LSU at the top of rnd 2

</div>

Is it up to Bill O'Brien?   Wouldn't it be up the the general manager, Rick Smith? 

Quote: 

<div>
Draft Insider Tony Pauline writes

</div>

Just curious.  Does anyone ever refer to themselves as a Draft Outsider?  I'm assuming that 99.9% of the writers don't have the inside information that John Clayton or Chris Mortensen get so I'm just wondering why we never hear the term Draft Outsider.   Ninja

Quote:Why would the Texans pick Mettenberger at #33? That tweet does not make any sense.

Are you trolling us, or really just not that bright? As stated, it clearly means they would be picking someone like Clowney first overall then picking a QB with their next pick.

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2014, 10:32 AM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Quote:Is it up to Bill O'Brien?   Wouldn't it be up the the general manager, Rick Smith? 

Who the heck knows.  For 5 years here in Jacksonville (2003-2008) it was thought Shack was responsible for all the bad picks, Gene the Genius was responsible for the good picks, and JDR was somewhere in between.

Quote:Tough choice? Not really.. JJ Watt is the best Pass Rusher in the NFL and he was on a 2-14 team. 

WE NEED A QB. 

EXACTLY.  also, i saw a dropoff from Watt ever since Cushing got busted for Peds.  Personally speaking, I think the entire Texans DL & LB core was roided up.   Additonally, who knows what goes on in college.  Taking a OL/DE/DL/LB early is risky because once they get off the juice they turn in to Tony Manderich.

You have a problem reading don't you?

Quote:Is it up to Bill O'Brien?   Wouldn't it be up the the general manager, Rick Smith? 

A good GM gets input from their coach on what kinda player they want.

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:A good GM gets input from their coach on what kinda player they want.

Exactly. Rarely will a GM draft 7 players and then turn around and say to the coach "Here you go, make it work."
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."