Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Tinfoil hat time. What if Gabbert "gets it" and becomes a pro-bowler?

Quote:A paranoid Hydra?
LOL

that's a good one. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:When I hear the term "elite" I think HOF'er.  When I hear elite, I think Elway, Marino, Montana, Moon, Kelley, Manning, and Brady...  I put Drew Breese in the elite category as well, but I'm not sure he'll be in the HOF.  

The rest of the QB's in the League right now are not in that class.  That's just how I consider Elite.  Those QB I mentioned are all time great.  When you say elite, that's what I think of.  QB's that have no or VERY few flaws in their games.

The "good/very good" QBs that make up the league now all have some flaws that allow another good/very good QB to beat them with a good team around them.  It also means that a "good/very good" QB that doesn't have the right team around them will not make the playoffs.  IE Eli, Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Stafford, Keap, Wilson, ETC...  All the QB's except for Manning and Brady couldn't make the playoffs without a good surround team in all three aspects of the game.  

That's just me.  Maybe I'm too picky in terms of QB play, but I grew up watching Marino and Elway and Montana.  Those dudes were ELITE.  To say elite to me means something more than just what ESPN and their weak minded football talk speaks of when they talk about ELITE.  It's ridiculous to put the caveman into any conversation of elite, and yet I heard it all Monday long on the radio from the ESPN bibbers--- From Mike&Mike to Cowterd to SVP to all the idiot ex-coaches and analysts.  I think you have to realize they are pushing the agenda of ratings and they want to talk about GOATS and future HOF'ers.  But there aren't that many in this current crop of staring QBs.  Besides of course Brady, Manning, and possibly Breese.

Remember when they were touting Big Ben as Elite?  LOL, there's no way you can consider him elite, even with his 2 SB wins.  He's just not that good.  He won because of the team around him.  Not because he's an Elite QB.  Same with Eli.  

Big Ben might not be elite, but I'd still rank him as very good. 

I'd say I'd only label Manning, Brees, and Brady as elite at this point in time. 

Quote:....so I take it that you will be disappointed if we draft him then?....

Pretty much.  I'd still hope for the best, but really, look at the size of that basket you're putting all your eggs in.  He's just as big a risk as drafting Manziel or Bortles that high.

If we draft a QB with #3, I expect needing to draft another/acquire another before we find our next franchise QB.  Here we go again.

That's why I'd love to see two new young QBs in camp this fall.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Pretty much.  I'd still hope for the best, but really, look at the size of that basket you're putting all your eggs in.  He's just as big a risk as drafting Manziel or Bortles that high.

If we draft a QB with #3, I expect needing to draft another/acquire another before we find our next franchise QB.  Here we go again.

That's why I'd love to see two new young QBs in camp this fall.

I want 2 new QB as well. Even if we get Bridge, even if we don't. 

You have to produce early these days and after three seasons I've given it up. Even significant improvement wouldn't make us a playoff team.

No pain, no gain.

That might be one of the biggest "what ifs" of all time.

Blaine Gabbert-- You can find the letters for "elite" right there in his name, but you can also find the letters for "garbage" too.

Which word do you think will come closer to defining his NFL career?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:That might be one of the biggest "what ifs" of all time.

Blaine Gabbert-- You can find the letters for "elite" right there in his name, but you can also find the letters for "garbage" too.

Which word do you think will come closer to defining his NFL career?

There is only one g in his name, so I don't see how you pulled garbage out of it.

Quote:I want what's best for the team; whether it's a new guy or a current guy who becomes great doesn't matter. I just want a guy to become great. And I'll cheer for any guy in a Jags uniform to become that guy. I don't need to improve my own self-esteem by publicly flogging the current guys, I just keep rooting for their success.
This

Aaron Rodgers is the most complete QB in the league IMO. I think yall keep forgetting hes still in the league. He's never really had great players around him, especially along the offensive line, but he's consistently winning games he shouldn't. Great arm, decision making, and he has elite pocket awareness. Very fun to watch him play. I wish the defense would've stepped up against San Francisco.

Manning and Brady are your prototypical pocket passer QBs. Brees is a pocket passer as well, but not prototypical. Those are my 4 elite qbs.
No commercial messages in sigs

In sports crazy stuff can happen. Players make crazy turn arounds. Ali beats Foreman. The 96 Jags beat the Broncos. With that said, I wouldn't hold my breath. Most likely Gabbert will be out of the league in a year or two.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Look everyone; professional bowling isn't a sport you just "pick up" in the offseason.  There is no way that an active player in the NFL has the time to become a professional bowler.

Stop it, just stop it!

<p style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;">

Quote:Look everyone; professional bowling isn't a sport you just "pick up" in the offseason.  There is no way that an active player in the NFL has the time to become a professional bowler.

Stop it, just stop it!

Hmmmm. I think we need to hear from Rico on this one, but I suspect that you are correct that Blaine's transition to the PBA will be a tough one. 

I believe if Gabbert is going to put it together and be an NFL starter, 2014 will likely be his best chance. Hopefully sitting most of the year has made him hungry. Maybe he has matured and will not be so skiddish in the pocket. Honestly, im rooting for the guy. Just last night my buddies were ragging on me because I was all aboard the Blaine Gabbert train when we drafted him.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Hmmmm. I think we need to hear from Rico on this one, but I suspect that you are correct that Blaine's transition to the PBA will be a tough one. 

I had no problem at all transitioning to PBR.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:I had no problem at all transitioning to PBR.
As long as you start with bourbon - it's a cakewalk.  Oh - wait - did you mean rodeo? 

http://www.pbr.com

Quote:Big Ben might not be elite, but I'd still rank him as very good. 

I'd say I'd only label Manning, Brees, and Brady as elite at this point in time. 

Had you included Aaron Rodgers, I would agree with the above.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Russel Wilson just won a divisonal round playoff game with 103 yards passing.  It's not all about the QB

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Kaepernick is playing awful yet his team is winning. Gotta love the NFC. 

Quote:Big Ben might not be elite, but I'd still rank him as very good. 

You dont think Rodgers is elite?

Not even if he is released.