Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How Would You Feel if the Jaguars Don't Draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd?

Winston looks bad tonight. Doesn't look like a can't miss prospect to me.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd know they truly evaluated the QBs and didn't think those guys were worth taking over who they selected. Also they didn't fall into the trap of drafting a guy Hugh because of need

Quote:Bridgewater, Manziel or Bortles will be a Jag in 2014.  Confusedweat: We should get SOMETHING out of this suffering we've had to endure... we've waited long enough for a draft class like this.

If Caldwell can't pull the trigger on one of the 3 at pick #3 then he has no stones.  Some one said it earlier, There is no "slam dunk" player, let alone QB.  Any one of the 3 is a significant upgrade over what we have, SIGNIFICANT.  Its now or never when it comes to drafting the QB of the future.  By the time it comes to our pick in the 2nd round, all the good meat will already have been picked off the bone.  We will be picking a QB that has significant question marks by that point.  Take a QB at #3 and do everything you can to make them successful.  I guarantee they aren't planning on being in the top #5 picks in the next few years so when do they expect to get an elite QB? 

I can't handle another year like the last two.  I'm tired of losing early and often and then hear about players playing for pride like it means something. Man up Caldwell.  Show us you have a pair. 

Whew...I feel a little better.

60% of the Time...It works everytime...

I'll still take Clowney over any QB prospect not named Bridgewater.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

If we dont take a QB Clowney is the only player I would be happy with

Quote:I'll still take Clowney over any QB prospect not named Bridgewater.
This, only I'd add a few more names in there before getting to Bortles.

Quote:Winston looks bad tonight. Doesn't look like a can't miss prospect to me.

He looked alright on the last drive

Quote:I'll still take Clowney over any QB prospect not named Bridgewater.

This is my line of thinking. 

Clowney is the best overall player in the draft, and passing on him would be crazy if it were for anyone other than the top rated QB in the draft.

I still like Fales. He has great accuracy and anticipation. Would make a terrific backup, and potential starter

Quote:If the Jags get Clowney at 1, and someone  who's not a QB at 2, how would you feel? Also, how would you fix the problem?

IMO, the likelihood of the Jags not getting a guy in the first or second aren't that low. Lots of teams need QB's, so it's conceivable that the top prospects would be off the board in the second round.

Clowney is too big a talent to pass up. I'd only pass on Clowney if Bridgewater's there, which I doubt he will be. 

So, what 3rd-7th round prospects do you like in the draft? If the Jags waited past to the 3rd, would they bring in a veteran to compete? I think yes.

I don't want to get stuck in QB purgatory, but mid round QB's can be successful.

Try not to flame, this is just a general scenario of how the organization would go about fixing the position if they can't get their guy early.  

This is a trick question.

First, most Jaguars fans do NOT want Clowney. Clowney is not elite. No elite skills visible in any of his video. Actually, not much defense in his video either. Three sacks all year. The media claims he was double-teamed constantly. Bunk. A couple tackles for loss, and one of his three sacks was caused by a quarterback not watching where he was stepping.

I watched Clowney video to get a better look at DT Kelcy Quarles. That's it.

Second there are NO elite quarterbacks in this draft. 

The elite quarterbacks in college football are Jameis Winston and Sean Mannion. Both are at least a year away.

Reports state Mannion has decided to stay in school. If Johnny Manziel does the same, next year's draft could possibly be the best QB class seen since 1983.

Bridgewater has time to change his mind deciding to be a part of that.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 04:24 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:Winston looks bad tonight. Doesn't look like a can't miss prospect to me.

What are you talking about?

Greatness is determined by the results of facing great adversity. At the sound of requiem, the all time greats rise up and take charge of destiny.

The greatest quarterbacks of all time have faced the exact conditions Winston did tonight, and like the all time greats, he rose to conquer. 

All the greatest in the game of football live for the exact moment Jameis Winston faced tonight. The elite of the game dream of having the football in their hands at crunch-time. They relish the opportunity and fearlessly move forward to victory.

Jameis Winston solidified his elite status as a quarterback at any level not just an all-time great of college football.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 04:26 AM by Jungle Cat.)

Quote:This is my line of thinking. 

Clowney is the best overall player in the draft, and passing on him would be crazy if it were for anyone other than the top rated QB in the draft.

Not so.

Watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVZa8bfCbA8

That's not the best over-all player in a draft.

Some heavy trolling right here.

I want a franchise wonder boy kind of QB too, but the fact is the team is lacking talent in some key areas.

We have to be patient as fans, which is asking a lot since we've been told of this rebuilding thing for almost a decade.  Trust me I dont want to wait another year on a promise things will be better either I want instant gratification but its not practical.

The way I most likely see this draft going is Teddy & Jake going 1 & 2 leaving Clowney for us to draft.

I won't be disappointed.  What will disappoint me is if we overdraft a need and end up with a dude.  We've had a lot of experience with chasing picks year after year.  Based on the end of the season, I think the 2013 draft class is looking like a start instead of a stall.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Here's another fun one:

Say Houston takes Clowney and Rams take Mattews. Then we pick Manziel over Bridgewater. How would you feel then?

Quote:Not so.

Watch.

Hahah... This is just stupid.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2014, 11:31 AM by leopold332002.)

Please message board fans stop being qb scared so lets get one at pick #3 and get over it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Please message board fans stop being qb scared so lets get one at pick #3 and get over it.

This QB scared thing is pretty silly.

First off, nobody on the message board is going to have any say in the matter.

Second, if the team reaches for a QB and he turns out to be a bust, you'll be one of the first to pounce on the stupid decision. 

It's got nothing to do with being scared. To think otherwise is pretty ignorant. It's got everything to do with being smart with the picks. If the team sets their board and believes in their rankings, they're not going to panic and grab a QB to placate fans like you who are calling them chicken for not picking a player even if he's a reach according to their evaluation.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Not so.

Watch.

Hey, those clips never made it on ESPN --- HA !!! 

.. everybody loves clowney just on his few big hits that get overhyped on ESPN.

Thanks for posting the video !!