Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
jags agree to new 4 year deal with Marks

Quote:. Any body have the details of what Minceys contract was? Just so I can compare.
4 years - 20 mil - similar guaranteed

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Average of over 5 million a year though? A little steep but w/e.Glad he's gonna be around for a while. Any body have the details of what Minceys contract was? Just so I can compare.

Mincey was a defensive end. Marks is a defensive tackle. Does it really make sense to compare the salaries of players at different positions?

GOTEEEMMM

Great move indeed

Quote:<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">"I didn't expect it," Marks said. "I thought it was going to go all the way into the offseason, but it was never a worry about what would happen. My job was to go out and continue to play. Still have a game left, so I didn't think one bit about it."

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">Jaguars GM David Caldwell said the timing worked out for both sides as it allows some of the money to be included under this season's salary cap

<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;"> 

Quote:<p style="font-size:12px;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;">"He did everything that we asked him to do and more, and he's exceeded our expectations," Caldwell said. "This is something that it just kind of fit. It was a really fair deal for the player. We felt like it was a fair deal for us. They wanted to get it done, we wanted to get it done, and we were able to do it before he hit free agency."

Quote:Mincey was a defensive end. Marks is a defensive tackle. Does it really make sense to compare the salaries of players at different positions?

Uhm Duh. Duh. And..... yeah sure. CUZ I WANT TO KNOW

Great job Caldwell.

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:Great job Caldwell.

In David we trust.

We have a four-page thread about the same contract, but I saw it on NFL.com earlier. Now that link is gone so I can't post it.

Quote:Average of over 5 million a year though? A little steep but w/e.Glad he's gonna be around for a while. Any body have the details of what Minceys contract was? Just so I can compare.

He ranked in the top 6 for DT's this season. 

We paid him as the 13th highest paid DT of current. 

Seems like its not all that steep to me. 

Marks has about six family members at all of the home games wearing his shirts (name and number). The entire family is HEALTHY...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Great news. Guy has been on since preseason.

Quote:In David we trust.

And there it is
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:And there it is

Exactly what I was thinking.

The kiss of death.

Quote:And there it is

Quote:Exactly what I was thinking.

The kiss of death.

Yep, in this one thread we have way inappropriate premature talk of "dynasty" and now this....

smh at some in this fan base sometimes. 

I hope we see lots more of this from Sen over the next few years. 

[Image: tempAP544379903057_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024...height=720]

Maybe he can teach Branch a better sack dance.

In Gene we bust. 

This is great news, and will show the rest of the team that hard work and great play pays off.

Dave has sent a clear message to the rest of the team with this extension as well as any future FA we pick up next off season on a 1 or 2 year deal. Work hard, Make plays GET $$$$!

What i like the most is that it included under this years cap.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:He ranked in the top 6 for DT's this season. 

We paid him as the 13th highest paid DT of current. 

Seems like its not all that steep to me. 

Only 4 of those contracts were after the new collective bargaining agreement after the 2010 season.  Two being from Geno Atkins and Kyle Williams who are both worlds better than Marks.

I don't think he's overpaid for his production, I just think he's overpaid for having only 1 year of production.  I wouldn't have offered anything more than 4.5 per year.

I'm splitting hairs here, I just think he was a little overpaid, but I eagerly await to see how much is on this season's cap and how front-loaded it is.

With Dave, he'll save.