Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Babin Wants to Stay- Would Be Willing to Take A Paycut

Quote:I think I heard him say "just like last year"
I listened a few times and can't tell if it was  " last year "  or  " us here "

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He wasn't a free agent.  He was dumped by the Eagles and we claimed him off waivers.

I wouldn't mind keeping him around for the right money, if he can stay away from the stupid penalties.

I know how we got him. I also know getting cut makess a player a free agent.

This story along with Mojo wanting to return are products of Gus Bradley and his attitude.  It's infectious and will breed success.  I'm confident in that.  I would welcome back Babin with open arms with a pay cut.  He's been a good guy here and would be a nice role player going forward at a lower price.

Gus juice is working it's magic.  

Quote:I know how we got him. I also know getting cut makess a player a free agent.
He only becomes a free agent if he clears waivers.  He did not clear waivers so he was never a free agent in between the Eagles and the Jags.

Quote:I know how we got him. I also know getting cut makess a player a free agent.
Look up waivers.  That's how we got him.  He didn't clear.

He was not a FA.

<FONT size=4>Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?</FONT>

I want Babin to stay with the team. He's a good player in my book

Quote:I want Babin to stay with the team. He's a good player in my book

He's a good fit for the scheme, plus he has only a few years of every-down wear and tear

With the stupid penalties and slowing down the only reason why I would even hence at bringing Babin back is for leadership purposes.

Then again Ball is filling that void pretty nicely with his stupid penalty yesterday.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:http://members.jacksonville.com/sports/f...e-his-step

The article is subscription required, but in it Babin talks about loving the Gus Bradley culture and his family liking the area, as well he hints at renegotiating to allow him to remain a Jag. All I can say is that I'm extremely impressed with the coaching staff and when guys like MJD and Babin express a willingness to play for you, I think it breeds long-term success. I would love to see Babin back, especially at a reduced rate.
What? Breeds long-term success?

We racked up a sixth-consecutive NON-winning season at week eight.

Sorry, but 4 wins is nothing to pat yourself in the back about.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

He totaled 7.5 sacks - 3 forced fumbles - 1 pass defensed - 40 tackles ( and about 5 stupid penalties. )

His salary jumps to 6 million next year  (from 4.2) and he'll be 34 years old.  

What do you think the Jags will do?   Pay him or let him walk?  

Keep in mind that the Falcons let a 34 year old 10 sack guy walk last year and he totaled 11.5 this year in Arizona.

Babin isn't John Abraham - but he might still be productive for another 2 years. 

( hoping for a contract re-do , myself )

Thought he had 7.5 sacks

Quote:Thought he had 7.5 sacks
You thought correctly. Oops. 

Edited. 

Babin the Barber has been good enough for me to like having him on the roster. I am more concerned about Andre Branch. All linemen commit stupid penalties.

The last guy who had production like this was rewarded with a lucrative extension. I bet Babin renegotiates and comes back as a rotational DE.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:The last guy who had production like this was rewarded with a lucrative extension. I bet Babin renegotiates and comes back as a rotational DE.

Who was that?

Quote:Who was that?

Mincey.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

I think we might find a cheaper 8 sack guy.

Did he lead the team in sacks?

Quote:I think we might find a cheaper 8 sack guy.

Did he lead the team in sacks?

Yes. He led the team in sacks.

(This post was last modified: 12-30-2013, 07:33 PM by Jagsrockmysox25.)

He will need to take a paycut to stay, I dont think hes worth 6 million. I dont know my opinion. I think we will see him next year.

Don't think he would catch on anywhere else. I think he will be willing to take a pay cut. Really depends on when we take a pass rusher in the draft, but what do I know
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."