Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins

Quote:To put Shaub in the category of Flynn and Kolb is just dumb. 

23,000 yards, 130 touchdowns, and a 90 QB rating. 

Not exactly a scrub in my book.  Not every QB is going to be elite.   

True, but in consideration of trading to pick up Shaub...  I wouldn't want that type of player in exchange for a high draft pick.  Shaub basically Garraded the Texans.  2 playoff appearances and then the wheels came off.  Acutally, to say that Shaub Garrarded the Texans is being to rude to Garrard...  

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:True, but in consideration of trading to pick up Shaub...  I wouldn't want that type of player in exchange for a high draft pick.  Shaub basically Garraded the Texans.  2 playoff appearances and then the wheels came off.  Acutally, to say that Shaub Garrarded the Texans is being to rude to Garrard...  

This was my point. My point wasn't that Schaub is on Cassel and Kolb level. My point is that you don't overspend for a QB that doesn't have a high ceiling. Do you think that Houston makes that same trade (gave up 2007 2nd round pick and 2008 2nd round pick)? I'd say no.

Quote:In all reality I think the Redskins might be trading the wrong guy, Cousins passing ability can't be argued.. RG3, in my opinion Cousins has proved more to me as far as being a consistent Starter than RG3.
The 'Skins are NOT trading the wrong QB. Trust me on that. How in the world has Cousins proved to be a more consistent starter? You do realize he only started TWO games against a 3-10 Browns last season and a 3-10 Falcons? And just FYI, Jeno Smiff had an even better game against the Falcons than Cousins did on Sunday.

If anything, Kirk Cousins is exactly like Matt Flynn. Flynn's only two games were against NE in '09 and Detroit in '11. And he got paid handsomely because if those two games. He's a system guy -- couldn't cut it anywhere else but the Packers.

Before you all want Cousins, take a look at Flynn.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-l4va2-Eo0fE/Uq...eddybb.gif

This is all I have to post, and it's made my mind up for me.

Carr

Quote:After seeing what happened with Flynn, Cassal, and Kolb I would pass on Cousins

Why? They have nothing to do with Cousins. They are different people. The only person that has any impact on Kirk Cousins' future performance is Kirk Cousins, and the circumstances that unfold around him.

Welcome to Duval, you will be hit.

Quote: In all reality I think the Redskins might be trading the wrong guy, Cousins passing ability can't be argued.. RG3, in my opinion Cousins has proved more to me as far as being a consistent Starter than RG3. 

As if we needed anymore proof that MaryAnn Cousins signed up for the board, we have yet more ridiculousness.

Career numbers to date:

QB Rating

RGIII  91.5

Cousins  83.1

Passing TDs : INTs

RGIII  36 : 17

Cousins  7 : 7

Yards Per Attempt

RGIII  7.54

Cousins  8.09

Completion %

RGIII  62.7

Cousins  62.7

Rushing Yards

RGIII  46.6 yards per game

Cousins  3.8 yards per game

Rushing TDs

RGIII  7

Cousins  0

Quote:No to cousins and losing a 2nd rounder for a Henne at worst / Schaub at best QB.

This. This so much.
Shock the world

Quote:As if we needed anymore proof that MaryAnn Cousins signed up for the board, we have yet more ridiculousness.

Career numbers to date:

QB Rating

RGIII  91.5

Cousins  83.1

Yards Per Attempt

RGIII  7.54

Cousins  8.09

Completion %

RGIII  62.7

Cousins  62.7

Rushing Yards

Rushing TDs

RGIII  7

Cousins  0

So, now were comparing a QB that has take more snaps than Cousins and then using that as evidence that he has better stats in the "totals" categories?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Cousins has better YPA and an equal completion pct. 

I'll take Cousins over RGEETHREEE

Quote:So, now were comparing a QB that has take more snaps than Cousins and then using that as evidence that he has better stats in the "totals" categories?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Only one of those stats looks at career totals, the rest are ratios or per game averages. Fact remains though, Bob Griffin is horribly overrated.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2013, 11:47 AM by Bee Yamz.)

Quote:As if we needed anymore proof that MaryAnn Cousins signed up for the board, we have yet more ridiculousness.

Career numbers to date:

QB Rating

RGIII  91.5

Cousins  83.1

Yards Per Attempt

RGIII  7.54

Cousins  8.09

Completion %

RGIII  62.7

Cousins  62.7

Rushing Yards

Rushing TDs

RGIII  7

Cousins  0
haha You are ridiculous brother. First off let me go back to the Kirk Cousins had nothing to do with them making the playoffs comment, inaccurate considering the Redskins only clinched the Playoff birth the last week of the season, I'm not even getting into that the kid had a 108 QB Rating for them when he played last season... without Cousins they don't make it. 

2ndly did you really just compare a full season to 5games statistically because I'm pretty sure that is what you did.. good job on that, it proves nothing to me...

3rdly I am thankful that you will have absolutely nothing to do with the decision to be made at QB next season, btw I still don't think I heard what your plan of action would be? From the way you talk it seems to me your expecting a rookie to come in and throw 7TD passes in the opener like Manning, get realistic.. Even with Teddy Bridgewater there is nobody in the Draft Class that is going to come in and satisfy you as our starting QB.. You are officially one of those guys.

I'm not saying lets go get Kirk Cousins what I'm saying is he passes the eyeball test for me, the kid can throw the ball accurately and he is still very very young.. To write him off as a failure is ignorant.. I am of the thinking he is going to have a nice NFL career. Just one more time let me remind you that Mark Brunell was a back-up we traded for aswell.. There may be a better QB in the draft, but you want to write off every traded back-up as a failure.. Well I'll tell you this much right now the odds of Drafting a failure at the QB position are far more likely than Trading for a failure... I'm pretty sure the last 3 "Starting" QBs we drafted didn't work out so well for us. It's not a clear cut choice either way but I wouldn't hate at all on the front office for trading for Cousins.. I wish I had your crystal ball maybe then I'd understand how dismissive you are. It sure would suck to be sitting here watching Derek Carr flunk out of the NFL for the next 4-5 years in a Jags uniform while Kirk Cousins is leading the Cleveland Browns to the postseason again.

I wouldn't want to give up a 2nd for Cousins considering how high our 2nd round pick will be but giving up one of our 3rds and a 4th for him? Absolutely. Now someone is probably going to offer more than that to the Skins for Cousins.

Bridgewater still doesn't know if he is coming out or not so the QB class is becoming less and less popular. Carr and Bortles will sky rocket up the draft. I would love to get Barr/Clowney in the first then trade back into the first round to take Bortles.

has anybody here watched kirk cousins in college? care to give a summary?

If you think the Texans trading for Matt Schaub was a good deal for them, then I understand why thus sounds good.

I don't agree with it though...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:has anybody here watched kirk cousins in college? care to give a summary?

Yes. Being from Michigan, I watched him a lot. He is a competitor, for sure. Cousins went 4-0 against Michigan in his career. Cousins is a very smart QB who can make the reads you want your QB to make. The biggest knocks on Cousins are his mediocre arm strength, his tendency to lock onto a receiver and try to force throws, and pocket presence. To be, he screams really-good-backup. You want your backup QB to know the ins-and-outs of the playbook and be ready to go in and compete at any moment. Cousins gives you that, but he is limited by other aspects of his game. I would not mind having Cousins on our team as a backup, but I'm not giving up a 2nd round pick for a backup QB.

Quote:So, now were comparing a QB that has take more snaps than Cousins and then using that as evidence that he has better stats in the "totals" categories?? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

The only "totals" number I used was rushing touchdowns because it is impossible to use 0 (you know, Kirk's rushing TD total) in a ratio.

Kirk has more turnovers than TDs. If that is what you want in a starting QB, fine, but I'd rather have Bridgewater.

Quote:haha You are ridiculous brother. First off let me go back to the Kirk Cousins had nothing to do with them making the playoffs comment, inaccurate considering the Redskins only clinched the Playoff birth the last week of the season, I'm not even getting into that the kid had a 108 QB Rating for them when he played last season... without Cousins they don't make it. 

2ndly did you really just compare a full season to 5games statistically because I'm pretty sure that is what you did.. good job on that, it proves nothing to me...

3rdly I am thankful that you will have absolutely nothing to do with the decision to be made at QB next season, btw I still don't think I heard what your plan of action would be? From the way you talk it seems to me your expecting a rookie to come in and throw 7TD passes in the opener like Manning, get realistic.. Even with Teddy Bridgewater there is nobody in the Draft Class that is going to come in and satisfy you as our starting QB.. You are officially one of those guys.

I'm not saying lets go get Kirk Cousins what I'm saying is he passes the eyeball test for me, the kid can throw the ball accurately and he is still very very young.. To write him off as a failure is ignorant.. I am of the thinking he is going to have a nice NFL career. Just one more time let me remind you that Mark Brunell was a back-up we traded for aswell.. There may be a better QB in the draft, but you want to write off every traded back-up as a failure.. Well I'll tell you this much right now the odds of Drafting a failure at the QB position are far more likely than Trading for a failure... I'm pretty sure the last 3 "Starting" QBs we drafted didn't work out so well for us. It's not a clear cut choice either way but I wouldn't hate at all on the front office for trading for Cousins.. I wish I had your crystal ball maybe then I'd understand how dismissive you are. It sure would suck to be sitting here watching Derek Carr flunk out of the NFL for the next 4-5 years in a Jags uniform while Kirk Cousins is leading the Cleveland Browns to the postseason again.

1st. You act as if Cousins was the reason the Redskins made the Super Bowl. The fact is, the Redskins were 8-5 without Cousins and 2-2 with him. That does not support your case. Sure, Cousins was the QB that clinched their playoff spot (against the lowly Browns) but it's not like the Redskins were going to line up a mule at QB if "it wasn't for Cousins". The Redskins beat the Browns with RGIII or a slew of other NFL backup QBs

2nd. I broke the stats down in averages and ratios. RGIII has better than a 2:1 TD to INT ratio. Cousins? 1:1. I wouldn't expect you to understand statistics, though. You said that Cousins has been more consistent, the stats say otherwise.

3rd. My plan of action is to take a QB with our 1st round pick (Bridgewater or Carr) and then a project QB later in the draft (4th round). My plan is not to overpay for average-at-best QBs by trading away high 2nd round draft picks.

I have not written Cousins off as a failure. Cousins was a 4th round pick and just because a 4th round pick doesn't have a high ceiling doesn't make him a failure. I've stated that Cousins will be a good backup (ie: Matt Cassel), but not worth a high 2nd round pick.

Quote:Yep. I don't get fooled by backup QB's late season performances. For every Brunell, there are 10 Matt Flynn's
But yet youre willing to trade up for an unproven qb in the draft? For every Russell wilson, theres 10 Blaine Gabberts!

Quote:Cousins does not have a bigger arm than Henne (and I know how weak Henne's arm is). Trent Dilfer > Cousins and it's not that close.
WTH?????

Quote:WTH?????

Ok, that may have been a stretch. My point is that Cousins does not have good arm strength.