Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Americans no longer want to drink these 9 beers

Quote:Interesting factoid: In most blind taste tests, Old Milwaukee wins a majority of the time. I don't remember ever trying it, but have thought about it a time or two.

When people are drinking beer out of plain cups and most say it's the best, can they all really be that wrong?

Old Milwaukee and Pabst Blue Ribbon are probably the 2 best cheap beers ever.  I defy anybody to try a blind test and not declare 1 of those 2 the winner. 

Miller lite = skunk pizz

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Start living the High Life. Man, now I want one.

This warms my heart.  I thought I was the only one who liked and drank High Life anymore.

Btw, it makes a really good red beer too.  But I know a lot of people don't like that stuff.  

OK, My Liquor store didn't have any High Life so....... Being on a budget ($10) I got a 12 of PBR.... Never had it bfore but if it's as good as a cheap beer as they come according to some on this Message board.... It should do the job tonight

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote: I really like them aluminum bottles bud lights got. I'm all for saving money though.

I stopped drinking beer from cans years ago when I read a published article from a scientific study that suggests many of today's cancer's can be attributed to metal poisoning. It claimed that humankind's increase in cancers parallels the increase in metal usage too. Those microscopic metal particles being ingested in the body is not good for the body.

Also, the article showed how anti-perspirants were causing breast cancer. Look at the label on anti-perspirants. One of the main ingredients in aluminum stearate or aluminum silicates, i.e. aluminum particles. They clog the pores so sweat does not emit. Shoving these aluminum particles into the body day after day after day could be resulting in cancer. Additionally, sweat is nature's way of removing toxins. When the body cannot sweat the toxins accumulate.

Just an FYI. Carry on.

Regards....................the Chiefjag

Quote:Being on a budget ($10) I got a 12 of PBR.

This is sad, you are all the way down to a 12 pack per day. I don't think I could do that. Sad  Is there going to be a "Help" The Drifter buy beer fund drive. I want to be one of the first to donate. Smile  We got your back like that, Drifter. :thumbsup:

Barely knew the guy.

Quote:I stopped drinking beer from cans years ago when I read a published article from a scientific study that suggests many of today's cancer's can be attributed to metal poisoning. It claimed that humankind's increase in cancers parallels the increase in metal usage too. Those microscopic metal particles being ingested in the body is not good for the body.

Also, the article showed how anti-perspirants were causing breast cancer. Look at the label on anti-perspirants. One of the main ingredients in aluminum stearate or aluminum silicates, i.e. aluminum particles. They clog the pores so sweat does not emit. Shoving these aluminum particles into the body day after day after day could be resulting in cancer. Additionally, sweat is nature's way of removing toxins. When the body cannot sweat the toxins accumulate.

Just an FYI. Carry on.

You stock Bottles, don't you. :yes:

Let me guess, the competition can charge less for Beer, because they use cans. :whistling:  "Come on down to The Chiefs Bar & Grill for cancer free beer containers?" ... Yep, that is some good ol advertisement right there. Tongue

Not really, Chief ... just ribbing you. Wink  I wouldn't stop my friends on the board from eating at your place.

Tongue

Quote:I stopped drinking beer from cans years ago when I read a published article from a scientific study that suggests many of today's cancer's can be attributed to metal poisoning. It claimed that humankind's increase in cancers parallels the increase in metal usage too. Those microscopic metal particles being ingested in the body is not good for the body.

Just an FYI. Carry on.

I drink out of bottles simply because I think beer, or any beverage, is better out of glass.  I stopped using antiperspirant many years ago after getting a kind of lecture from a roommate about how it clogs the pores and prevents the body from properly regulating itself.  I'm not one to usually listen to 'crackpot theories', but what he said made perfect sense.  Deodorant only for this dude.  The pits might be moist, but they smell oh so heavenly.   :yes: 

Your metal theory reminds me of an instructor in one of my Navy courses who railed against the use of aluminum cookware.  In his eyes the risk wasn't cancer, but Alzheimer's.  I forgot what his line of reasoning was, but it sounded half believable. It doesn't really apply to me, though.  My cookware is made from pure magnesium.   B)   

Quote:Your metal theory reminds me of an instructor in one of my Navy courses who railed against the use of aluminum cookware.  In his eyes the risk wasn't cancer, but Alzheimer's.  I forgot what his line of reasoning was, but it sounded half believable. It doesn't really apply to me, though.  My cookware is made from pure magnesium.   B)   

I've been around a lot longer than you have, and I don't remember any of that stupid crap. :blink:

Tongue

Quote:OK, My Liquor store didn't have any High Life so....... Being on a budget ($10) I got a 12 of PBR.... Never had it bfore but if it's as good as a cheap beer as they come according to some on this Message board.... It should do the job tonight
Have you had time to crack one open yet? What is your review of PBR?

(This post was last modified: 12-16-2013, 08:49 PM by The Drifter.)

Quote:Have you had time to crack one open yet? What is your review of PBR?

Decent beer for the money and I've drank a lot of beer in my day. I'll say it''s not skunk urine and it's right up there with a few of the higher end beers.

Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Quote:Have you had time to crack one open yet? What is your review of PBR?

Dude, I think it killed him ... hasn't answered anyone in the last hour or so.

Means if you can locate his whereabouts, there is 9, may 10 left. ... Tell me that isn't luck. :woot:

Quote:I've been around a lot longer than you have, and I don't remember any of that stupid crap. :blink:

Tongue

Or your pants in the morning before going to work. 

Oh, the skirt thing.  Never mind!   :woot:

IXNAY ON THE PLANNAY.

Everybody act normal.

Quote:IXNAY ON THE PLANNAY.

Everybody act normal.

I hate when people post in that foreigner language.

Quote:I hate when people post in that foreigner language.

He Prolly drinks imported French Wine and eats Brie Cheese too

Quote:He Prolly drinks imported French Wine and eats Brie Cheese too

With his pinkies in the air.

Quote:OK, My Liquor store didn't have any High Life so....... Being on a budget ($10) I got a 12 of PBR.... Never had it bfore but if it's as good as a cheap beer as they come according to some on this Message board.... It should do the job tonight

I apologize on behalf of this board for how badly you've been mislead.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Decent beer for the money and I've drank a lot of beer in my day. I'll say it''s not skunk [BAD WORD REMOVED] and it's right up there with a few of the higher end beers.
Glad to hear you are enjoying. Stopped by Publix myself and picked up a 4 pack of 16 ouncers for $6 that I will polish off for MNF.

Quote:Dude, I think it killed him ... hasn't answered anyone in the last hour or so.

Means if you can locate his whereabouts, there is 9, may 10 left. ... Tell me that isn't luck. :woot:
LOL...The Drifter strikes me as someone who can handle 4.74%

Quote:I apologize on behalf of this board for how badly you've been mislead.

Yeah, yeah, we get it.  You drink beer with your pinkies in the air.

Quote:Yeah, yeah, we get it.  You drink beer with your pinkies in the air.

I'm sorry the only way your beer is tolerable is by shotgunning in rapid succession. Big Grin

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.