Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who should be on the first cut list when the offseason begins?

Quote:Am I hallucinating, or did they mention at one time that Rackley might be capable of playing center.

It was either Rackley or Nwaneri.  They'll find a new center, probably in free agency.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Gabbert is doing what he was drafted to do. Hold a clipboard and learn behind a expeiernced QB. Now the questions is, is he learning anything. According to MJD in his interview Thursday night on the set "everyone is getting better Blain is pushing Chad even harder". Everyone on this board said Gabbert needs to play the entire year to see what he can do, there is no way you can determine what he can do from 2.75 games. Even Brady has had 2 or more bad games this year.

[Image: mj-laughing.gif]

It comes down to 2 things: How old the player is, and if said player is playing up to his cap number.

With those things in mind, I wouldn't be surprised if Dave let go of the following:

1. Jason Babin

2. Marcedes Lewis

3. Uche Nwaneri

Quote:[Image: laughing-gif-22zppmz.gif]

Keep going. This is hilarious. 

A wise coach once said "stats are for losers". You're a loser LOL. Why don't you try opening your eyes and watching the games before spreading your cancerous ignorance on this message board please.

Welcome back, HeeRo.

How about instead of making insults, since that's all you seem to be able to do (not a surprise really) you make an argument for how Henne has played 'well' for a backup.  You won't, because you can't. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:It was either Rackley or Nwaneri. They'll find a new center, probably in free agency.
I remembered Nwaneri for sure. It may have been both.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:It was either Rackley or Nwaneri.  They'll find a new center, probably in free agency.

I'd be perfectly fine with the team using multiple high draft picks on the interior O-line if we can't get quality free agents. 

Quote:I remembered Nwaneri for sure. It may have been both.

Its both.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Its both.
I thought they had even said something about him 'eventually taking over for Meester' when he was drafted.

Granted, that was a couple of coaches ago.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Can't finish your argument without an insult, can you? 

He's not played very well as a back up Quarterback. He's played fair at best.  He doesn't have the yards or the TD:INT Ratio that's desirable from a backup Quarterback. Instead of resorting to insults, how about you try to show how he's played very well?  What you should expect from a backup QB is either a lot of interceptions, but a lot of yards.  Or few interceptions, and not that many yards.  Of course there are the rare occurrences where backup QB's are able to play well, but they either don't stay backups very long, or just aren't quite cut out to be starters.

It's improved with Henne out there, but it's still one of the worst offenses in the league.  

I think that Henne might get an offer from the Jags, but I'm not sure they keep both Henne and Gabbert past training camp.  I think Caldwell will draft a QB, and maybe even draft two.  I don't think he's going to put all his eggs in one basket.  He might even bring in a veteran free agent if he only drafts one QB.  

Nobody is claiming they've made massive strides offensively.  But, with the line the way it is, and the patchwork receiving corps, the offense has continued to make strides as the season has progressed, and since Gabbert was injured.  That's the point someone else made above regarding Henne playing well. The passing offense has improved.  We're seeing improvement, and we're seeing younger players stepping up.  Henne deserves some credit for that since he's been the guy on the field since the improvement started.

I don't anticipate both QBs will be on the roster when camp ends next year. But, I do think one of them will be.  They're not going to go into the season with two rookie QBs and no veteran presence, and (sorry Stanzi homers), there isn't another QB on the roster I'd trust as a backup to a rookie.  If they can find a better option in free agency securing an experienced veteran, then the scenario with Gabbert/Henne changes. But, until that happens, I don't think the team is going to let either guy walk.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:[Image: mj-laughing.gif]
At least I made a reasonable argument. You cant even respond with anything but stupid gifs. BTW WB

Quote:Welcome back, HeeRo.

How about instead of making insults, since that's all you seem to be able to do (not a surprise really) you make an argument for how Henne has played 'well' for a backup.  You won't, because you can't. 

The team had 2 wins total last year. The team currently has 4 wins in the new offensive system under Henne. 

It's hard to argue with someone that doesn't watch the games. Henne isn't perfect, but he has proven that he can run the offense and win games under the new system. If you expect Peyton Manning stats to come from your back up QB then he obviously wouldn't be a back up now would he? Also, I see a lot of easy passes dropped by our young WRs. 

You've earned my insults. Morons like yourself need to be called out on their stupidity. If you're too sensitive to handle that then go grab a tissue and cry yourself to sleep tonight.

Quote:I thought they had even said something about him 'eventually taking over for Meester' when he was drafted.

Granted, that was a couple of coaches ago.

I'd say he's more likely to move to Center than Uche since he's a few years younger, but most of that talk was back when John Estes was the Center on the Shelf. More likely we just get a new center altogether.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:At least I made a reasonable argument. You cant even respond with anything but stupid gifs. BTW WB

Gabbert hasn't shown an ounce of improvement in extended play time here. He still flinches under pressure, feels ghosts in the pocket, can't read the field etc. 

What makes you think riding the bench is going to somehow magically make him fix his bad habits? You sound like a Tebow lover making excuses for a bad player being bad. 

Your argument wasn't reasonable. It was [BLEEP]. Not sure why I even spent the time of day to respond to you.

Quote:Gabbert is doing what he was drafted to do. Hold a clipboard and learn behind a expeiernced QB. Now the questions is, is he learning anything. According to MJD in his interview Thursday night on the set "everyone is getting better Blain is pushing Chad even harder". Everyone on this board said Gabbert needs to play the entire year to see what he can do, there is no way you can determine what he can do from 2.75 games. Even Brady has had 2 or more bad games this year.

I really don't think there's anything more we need to see from Blaine.  A change of scenery will do him wonders in trying to resurrect his career.  This team is moving in a different direction.  You're right that he SHOULD have had an opportunity to develop behind an experienced QB.  That didn't happen, and I think the damage done by that won't be undone here.

I think we've all heard the talk about how improved Gabbert looks in practice, but unfortunately, that has never actually translated into sustained, improved play when the lights are on.  So, when someone says he's really pushing Henne and showing improvement in practice, I take it with a grain of salt, especially when the number of reps he's getting in practices probably doesn't crack single digits.

Quote:The team had 2 wins total last year. The team currently has 4 wins in the new offensive system under Henne. 

It's hard to argue with someone that doesn't watch the games. Henne isn't perfect, but he has proven that he can run the offense and win games under the new system. If you expect Peyton Manning stats to come from your back up QB then he obviously wouldn't be a back up now would he? Also, I see a lot of easy passes dropped by our young WRs. 

You've earned my insults. Morons like yourself need to be called out on their stupidity. If you're too sensitive to handle that then go grab a tissue and cry yourself to sleep tonight.

I'm not hurt by your insults.  I just find it annoying to argue with people who resort to logical fallacies like ad hominem attacks.  Your insults are petty, and aren't even good insults. My kids come up with better insults.

And it's no surprise that you resort to logical fallacies to try and prove your argument either.  "Don't expect Peyton Manning stats from your backup Quarterback!" You should have read over your argument before clicking the post button.  Nobody expects Peyton Manning numbers from their starter, let alone backup.  What they do expect is the backup to play well.

Right now our wins are coming in spite of Henne.  It's not like Blaine Gabbert didn't win games his rookie year.  Heck, he won 4 of them even.  And that was his rookie year.  The year he was supposed to struggle.  Henne has been absolutely awful in the Red Zone (when we do get there).  I guess your definition of 'very well' is as long as you are better than Blaine Gabbert.  In which case I'm pretty sure we could throw in a lot of quarterbacks out there that reach that definition.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Cut Mincey,, bad attitude bad contract

Cut Gabbert

Resign henne to veteran minimum

Meester retire

Allow rackley and Brewster to complete against the FA/draft picks,we brought in cut as applicable

Cut Daedrick

Cut forsett

Cut Stephen Burton

Resign marks ball Blackman to two year deal

Restructure Lewis's contract or cut

With rest its back to competition in training camp

Cut the looser

I can agree with this. I don't think we cut Marcedes if he doesn't restructure his contract, though. If we draft someone like ASJ and he plays well in preseason, thats the only way I see Marcedes being cut.

(This post was last modified: 12-10-2013, 05:15 PM by ATLjag.)

My notable cut and free agent list...

Gabbert ...he would be a distraction, Henne as the vet back-up.
Stanzi ...I don't hear anything internally for development.
Mincey ...underperforming and supposedly has other interests.
Nwaneri ...underperforming for making nearly $5m in base and roster bonus.
Rackley ...just not that good, got to protect a new QB and open RB lanes.
Mojo ...free agent that will be paid more elsewhere despite recent stay home PR.
Meester ...father time has called.
Deaderick ...free agent that has been underwhelming.
Babin ...not worth $6m to keep him any longer for inconsistent play and age.
Prosinski ...Guy now 3rd safety, will be replaced by late round ST development DB.

Obviously, the draft and free agency is going to trash this prediction.

Prosinski always seems to have a bullseye on his back around here.  While I don't think the Jags will have too difficult of a time replacing him - he's been quite good on special teams.  You have to pay attention to the kick coverage unit to see it, but he's frequently the important 2nd guy to the ball on those plays. 

He'll be in camp in the last year of his  rookie contract not costing the team much.  ($700K)   If he gets beat out in his ST role by a rookie or FA role player - then and only then should he be cut. 

Quote:I said keep him as a backup, not as a starter. Would you rather have Gabbert as a back up? That's what I thought. I'm always reminded why I don't post on this board often. The ignorance here gives me cancer.
I don't want henne as a back up either. You said that he's played well for us and keeping him would be ''huge'' for the team. Ok We're ignorant lol

Quote:all make sense, except Rackley

why cut a young player on a cheap rookie contract without his replacement on the roster? and he's actually played better since the bye week. I'm sure we'll bring in some competition in the draft or maybe even free agency, but I don't see him getting cut.
Rackley is probably the worst starting guard in the NFL.  I just don't see the value he brings.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]