Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is our QB next year?

Quote:Definitely starting to get on the Bortles bandwagon. Depending on how things go, seems like we would be drafting in the 6-10 range. I would be alright with taking him there. If we went the route that others are suggesting(sign a vet, draft a developmental QB) where do you feel James Franklin goes? mainly ask because he happens to be on tv right now. 

other note, still kinda hyped on Carr

I don't think Franklin gets drafted. If we signed a vet then drafted a developmental guy I think it'd be between the 3rd-5th rounds. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

just seems to be the ultimate boom or bust project guy. seems like he has a decent arm and plenty of athleticism. I feel like some team takes a shot 3rd round and beyond

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women.

Quote:I don't think Franklin gets drafted. If we signed a vet then drafted a developmental guy I think it'd be between the 3rd-5th rounds. 

Jimmy Garrappolo... all I'm saying. IF we go that route (I hope we don't), Garrappolo would be the guy I'd take in the 3rd.

Nope, nope, and nope.. Franklin, nah.

I'd puke if they signed Roethlisberger and I wouldn't want Cutler either. Take Manziel and give him the ball, send a 4th to NE for Mallett.

Keep Gabbert as Jaxson DeVille's backup in case he gets hurt.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

Quote:Take Manziel and give him the ball, send a 4th to NE for Mallett.

I'd take it or other variation of it, i.e. Bortles/ McCarron & Mallett. 

i'm not really sold on mallet, he's been "developing" behind Brady for four years now basically and still hasn't shown anything in preseason. I bet NE might even draft their replacement for Brady this year with the Qb class being so deep.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

nfl.com article, I bet this kid is gone in the middle of the first if he keeps getting the praise heaped upon him, if he blows up his bowl game, I can't see his draft stock do anything but skyrocket. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000...is-on-rise

Quote:i'm not really sold on mallet, he's been "developing" behind Brady for four years now basically and still hasn't shown anything in preseason. I bet NE might even draft their replacement for Brady this year with the Qb class being so deep.

Well, to be fair, Brady himself didn't show much in the pre season either, IIRC. The Pats had very little in the way of weapons before Gronk and a few others came back. 

yeah but even in previous years, not just this year, he hasn't really shown much, and that's something that the announcers say every preseason when mallet goes in. 

maybe 3rd was a bit high, still think Franklin gets drafted though

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women.

Quote:yeah but even in previous years, not just this year, he hasn't really shown much, and that's something that the announcers say every preseason when mallet goes in. 
He has had a low completion percentage in his preseason appearances the past two years.  That is a concern, IMO.   He did pass for a TD in three of his appearances this year, however.

Don't really know much about him  - so I'm no authority. 

Don't get the Mallett love, he's a big guy with a big arm not much special about him. Sitting behind Brady doesn't automatically make QBs good. 

Quote:Mr. Cardwell, get me a darn qb because I don't want gabbert, henne, or aj McCarron because he screams alex smith to me. Kahn already told him that we need someone to display our new scoreboard with next year and what's better than a new qb in the first round.
Not sure where you get Alex smith from?

Quote:I like Bortles' GF better than McCarron's GF:

http://barstoolu.barstoolsports.com/file....09-AM.png

Wow...we agree again. :thumbsup:

On another note, there's a lot of qb's in this draft.....i'm betting they keep henne as backup if not 2nd maybe 3rd simply because he knows the plays and system. High round picks have a history of getting hurt these days.

The "predator raptors" known as linebackers Ninja  Ninja  love to feast on number ones and twos, especially the running ones.

Welcome to the NF-Freaking- L Boy......WWHHAAAccckKKKKK!!!  :wacko: 

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I'm officially on the Bortles Bus! I've been watching his film and he has a rocky moment here and there but he is a VERY solid prospect who has at least played some pretty good defenses (South Carolina and such) and still been solid in those games. I'm pumped about the possibility of him.. I could see him going as high as #1 but I think Bridgewater goes #1 and Bortles goes #3.

The dude from San Jose State looks good

Quote:The dude from San Jose State looks good

Surprised you would say that  :thumbsup:

This ones easy. Chad mother trucking henne!

Quote:This ones easy. Chad mother trucking henne!
[Image: no-5.jpg]