Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Paztor

Quote:I would even gamble a bit and offer him 1.5 of the minimum per year for 5 years. He might feel compelled to take it and the risk is still low while you lock up a potential solid RT for 5 years on the cheap.
Yes.   I doubt that Caldwell offers him only 3 years.  

A 5 year contract  - slightly better than minimum salary and some incentives to make more money based on performance/games started.  That would be nice. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The OL has been playing very good lately. So good that I almost don't want to see any changes implemented. Yes, Joeckel was drafted for the future while Meester probably will announce his retirement soon. The OL has been a plesant surprise surpassed the by-week...

NH3...
"AZANE"

The OL has been playing very good lately. So good that I almost don't want to see any changes implemented. Yes, Joeckel was drafted for the future while Meester probably will announce his retirement soon. The OL has been a plesant surprise surpassed the by-week...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Yes.   I doubt that Caldwell offers him only 3 years.  

A 5 year contract  - slightly better than minimum salary and some incentives to make more money based on performance/games started.  That would be nice. 

I think it is a better idea to be fair and pay for what a player brings, neither vastly overpaying like Gene, nor screwing someone because you can.  Taking advantage of Pasztor's situation could sit poorly in the locker room and detract from the atmosphere on the Gus Bus

Just as we get rid of the overpaid, under performing duds that have littered the roster in recent years we need to take care of the up and coming players who are our future.  It can be done with incentives, so we don't get any more Minceys or Pot Roasts or Aaron Rosses etc. etc.  Big play gets big pay.  Poor play gets poor pay.

Pasztor had another solid game. Got flat out beat on one play by Hughes. Pasztor had to work hard just to get out to Hughes and was beat on the swim under move I believe it was. Other then that though played another good game.

On another note McClendon played better in three quarters than Brewster did in his one. He actually played pretty well for his first game time this season.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:Pasztor had another solid game. Got flat out beat on one play by Hughes. Pasztor had to work hard just to get out to Hughes and was beat on the swim under move I believe it was. Other then that though played another good game.

On another note McClendon played better in three quarters than Brewster did in his one. He actually played pretty well for his first game time this season.

Other than the 2 false starts (which is not surprising for a 3rd stringer seeing his first action), I thought he was decent.

Quote: 

It can be done with incentives, so we don't get any more Minceys or Pot Roasts or Aaron Rosses etc. etc.  Big play gets big pay.  Poor play gets poor pay.

The problem with that is most players won't sign incentive based contracts unless they're likely to achieve those incentives. You give a Jordan Todman a contract paying him an extra $1 million if he gets 1000 yds rushing and at the end of the bad season he's at 950 but the coach doesn't use him in a game to avoid the team having to pony up extra cash. The player's money is controlled by the decisions on the sideline.

Regards.................the Chiefjag

Quote:I think it is a better idea to be fair and pay for what a player brings, neither vastly overpaying like Gene, nor screwing someone because you can.  Taking advantage of Pasztor's situation could sit poorly in the locker room and detract from the atmosphere on the Gus Bus

Just as we get rid of the overpaid, under performing duds that have littered the roster in recent years we need to take care of the up and coming players who are our future.  It can be done with incentives, so we don't get any more Minceys or Pot Roasts or Aaron Rosses etc. etc.  Big play gets big pay.  Poor play gets poor pay.
I get your point, and tend to agree to an extent.

That said, when did 1.5 million dollars become a bad annual salary? I know it's an NFL thing, but still....

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Held his own and dare I say even got the better of JJ Watt on Thursday, not to mention he's been extremely solid since he got the starting RT job..

The Eugene Monroe trade looks like a genius move at this point... especially with his struggles in Baltimore.
Please remind me again what we got for Monroe? Was it a 5th rounder & what else?

Quote:Please remind me again what we got for Monroe? Was it a 5th rounder & what else?
it was a 4th and a 5th rounder in this years draft and I thought I read somewhere that there was another pick in there as well but I can't remember what the stiuplation was.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

is he our right tackle of the future?  i fully believe joeckel will be a stud left tackle but can paztor hold down the right side?  i have liked what little i have seen from him, i live too far away to watch every snap, and it sounds like the staff likes him also.  that would be awesome if this is the case because we definitely need a new left guard and probably a center depending on Brewster.     

I believe he's the starter going forward. He more than held his own this year. In the least he's good depth

love it.  that sounds promising.  the last thing i want is to get a young qb and throw him to the wolves without some protection.  done that before and it wasn't pretty.  haha

Quote:Which is why you dont take a RT in the top ten, the Monroe trade will have more to do with how well Jockle plays
Luke Joeckel was taken in the top ten to play right tackle.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:is he our right tackle of the future?       

I don't think so.

We need to draft the best player available with each and every pick from now on.

Lots of folks are trying to over-rate players in order to manipulate the draft process.

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. - Mahatma Gandhi

http://s6.postimg.org/vyr2ycdfz/Teddy_Br...cked_4.gif

Quote:I don't think so.

We need to draft the best player available with each and every pick from now on.

Lots of folks are trying to over-rate players in order to manipulate the draft process.

What have you seen that makes you believe he's not the RT of the future. Everything I have seen from Pasztor who is only 23 years old btw leads me to believe that he is very much the future RT of this team.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Pasztor has been very solid for us this year and esp. after the bye.  I agree with the poster that says if we feel he is the answer at the RT spot for the future then by all means lock him up, but give him a fair deal why would you want to penny anne your future starting RT that wouldn't sit well with me.  If you believe he is the man why treat him differently than Marks?

Quote:Pasztor has been very solid for us this year and esp. after the bye.  I agree with the poster that says if we feel he is the answer at the RT spot for the future then by all means lock him up, but give him a fair deal why would you want to penny anne your future starting RT that wouldn't sit well with me.  If you believe he is the man why treat him differently than Marks?
It's still a business after all.  For a young, off the radar guy like Pasztor - making 1.3 - 1.8 million per season with the ability to double that with incentives for playing time and performance is not unfair IMO. 

That's just where I'd try to negotiate - but I feel pretty good about Caldwell and co. getting it worked out their own way.  

It is easier I guess to give a lineman an incentive deal over say a rb wr or a position that requires others to perform for you to reach your potential.

That said I would not be against a deal incentives aside in the 3 mil a year range if it is cap friendly and not such a large signing bonus. He seems to be the type of player we would like to find going forward.

If the FO deems him worthy I have no probs with that based on what he has shown.