Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Don't Look Now But.........

Quote:Wouldn't it be just like the Colts, (in typical customary Colts fashion) to purposely tank the last game ensuring the Jaguars don't get the top spot?

We'd just put in Blaine Gabbert.  He's not on IR right?  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I mean if the Jaguars finish 8-8 I would be very happy even if they didnt go to the playoffs, 7-9 for that matter too.

Heck even 6-10 as long as they showed improvement.  I however will not be happy if the team finishes 4-12 while Chad Henne remains at QB (its obivious he will never get better but only go down over time along with Blaine).  Now is the time for Gus to cut ties with Blaine, bench or cut Chad and give Ricky a or DR a shot at least if the GM wont sign anyone.

Give us some hope for the future.  I mean maybe Bridgewater is their plan if thats the case why try hard to win and lose him in the draft?

Players don't give a rat's behind about the long term success years ahead. They know that they may not even be on the team next year. They are playing for their own personal future. The coach's job is to win.....that's if he wants to stay here. Our GM gave us the best shot to get a top draft pick by not resigning certain high priced free agents. As far as fans like you and me......we want the best quarterback possible. We think long term....the players in the game don't. When I started this topic, I was concerned that for the rest of our schedule, we only play 1 team with a winning record. Also, because our players love the coach, they may try harder than the other teams that we play. I remember 10 years ago, we were looking to be in the top 3 of the draft. I was praying that we wouldn't win a couple of meaningless games at the end of the season because Larry Fitzgerald was gonna be there for the taking and we were DYING for a number 1 receiver. So......we won a couple of meaningless games and had the hardest SOS of the 5 teams that we were tied with. So we got Reggie Williams instead of Fitzgerald. I still have nightmares.

Quote:Not really. It just shows our QB play is absolutely horrendous. Good QBs hide team deficiencies.

Don't we want this team to have no deficiencies to hide? Look at the Broncos. Peyton Manning is the quarterback, but he fumbled five times and has a high ankle sprain because of the "leaky" o-line. Their last two games showed me even the best NFL quarterback can't hide problems on the offensive line. That same front five almost allowed a safety by Andre Branch, who knocked down Manning. It is obvious simply drafting a great quarterback can't hide deficiencies on the offense.

Quote:Don't we want this team to have no deficiencies to hide? Look at the Broncos. Peyton Manning is the quarterback, but he fumbled five times and has a high ankle sprain because of the "leaky" o-line. Their last two games showed me even the best NFL quarterback can't hide problems on the offensive line. That same front five almost allowed a safety by Andre Branch, who knocked down Manning. It is obvious simply drafting a great quarterback can't hide deficiencies on the offense.

Well yeah the end goal is not have any deficiencies. Did I say once you get a qb, forget the rest of the positions?

That same front five has only lost 1 game so I think Manning has done pretty good hiding it. Those two examples you have resulted in wins for Denver.

I wouldn't even blame the line for Manning's injury because Denver was stupid for risking Manning in the 2nd half. They had a big lead and didn't run the ball enough.

Quote:Don't we want this team to have no deficiencies to hide? Look at the Broncos. Peyton Manning is the quarterback, but he fumbled five times and has a high ankle sprain because of the "leaky" o-line. Their last two games showed me even the best NFL quarterback can't hide problems on the offensive line. That same front five almost allowed a safety by Andre Branch, who knocked down Manning. It is obvious simply drafting a great quarterback can't hide deficiencies on the offense.
Broncos are 9-1 lol

watt + clowney would own this division  Wallbash

Quote:Well yeah the end goal is not have any deficiencies. Did I say once you get a qb, forget the rest of the positions?

That same front five has only lost 1 game so I think Manning has done pretty good hiding it. Those two examples you have resulted in wins for Denver.

I wouldn't even blame the line for Manning's injury because Denver was stupid for risking Manning in the 2nd half. They had a big lead and didn't run the ball enough.

Manning was reportedly injured on the safety by Robert Mathis, which happened during the first half.

Quote:Watt + Clowney would own this division.

The Texans obviously would draft a quarterback with the top pick.

Quote:Manning was reportedly injured on the safety by Robert Mathis, which happened during the first half.

I'm referring to him getting an MRI yesterday because of his game against San Diego. I figured that was the game you were talking about.

Quote:watt + clowney would own this division  Wallbash

Texans will probably beat us both times, so... that will likely put them out of range for Barr/Clowney/Teddy.  

But I don't think Watt + Clowney would own this division.  Especially if this team rebuilds right.

Quote:Texans will probably beat us both times, so... that will likely put them out of range for Barr/Clowney/Teddy.

But I don't think Watt + Clowney would own this division. Especially if this team rebuilds right.
They sure would be very very good tho. Scary good.

There is no team with no deficiencies, the chase of perfection can easily prevent you from achieving consistent success at any level.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Texans will probably beat us both times, so... that will likely put them out of range for Barr/Clowney/Teddy.  

But I don't think Watt + Clowney would own this division.  Especially if this team rebuilds right.
thats a pretty big if.  we will win one because keenum will come back to earth soon 

Quote:If the Bucs have the first pick, it's still a problem. If they don't go QB they'll trade to the highest bidder.

There will be a team that will try to trade ahead of us to select Clowney because they know if they let a team trade ahead of us to take Bridgewater, we'll probably take Clowney instead.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:The Texans obviously would draft a quarterback with the top pick.
[Image: tumblr_inline_mfgc8wr88k1qloc6k.gif]

Quote:thats a pretty big if.  we will win one because keenum will come back to earth soon 

Even if he does, it's enough to beat this team.  Let's not let the win over the hapless Titans go to our head here.

Quote:[Image: tumblr_inline_mfgc8wr88k1qloc6k.gif]
You cannot question her supreme knowledge.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Even if he does, it's enough to beat this team.  Let's not let the win over the hapless Titans go to our head here.
their season is over and they will tank as much as us. titans defense>texans defense

Quote:their season is over and they will tank as much as us. titans defense>texans defense

Kubiak is still fighting for his job.  They aren't going to 'tank as much as us'.  Besides our win on Sunday was thanks to a lot of mistakes by the Titans, and we still won by 2.  That the Titans have a better defense or not won't matter.  Our offense was practically a non-factor in any case. 

Quote:watt + clowney would own this division  Wallbash
What are the chances Watt would sign with the Jags?