Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Healthy or not.... I believe sitting gabbert on the bench... Is exactly the correct move

Quote: Boy, our situation at the qb situation is pathetic and we're aguing which two bad qb's should play.  
Your boat sinks in the middle of the ocean.  Your choices are a leaky rowboat and an inner tube.......which one do you jump into?  Henne may not be very good, but he's our lifeboat.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Your boat sinks in the middle of the ocean.  Your choices are a leaky rowboat and an inner tube.......which one do you jump into?  Henne may not be very good, but he's our lifeboat.

This may be better then my Rosie O'Donnell vs Whoopie Goldberg choice.

Im sorry... if this team were a sinking boat, i'd jump ship and tread water on my own..... but this team isn't going to sink because they are a buncha floaters....Hey-o!!!!

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I agree it the right move.  I liken the situation to the experience of my first bicycle.  My older brother had a bicycle and had learned to ride it.  I was a year younger and had no interest.  About a year later my Dad got a used bike for me from a friend at his work.  I still didn't have much interest, and didn't do too well the few times Dad tried to teach me.  The bicycle sat unused for months, then my cousins came to visit.  Well, I loved hanging out with my cousin, and couldn't wait to see him, but about 2 minutes after they arrived, my cousin had jumped on my bike and was riding away with my brother!  On MY BIKE!  Boy, I was furious, but I got even madder when I learned my cousin had never ridden a bike until that day.  He just jumped on and took off!

So, when they got back I snatched the bike away and jumped on it and rode away.  Boy I was mad.  And by the time I got back I could ride a bike just as good as either of them.

I don't expect Henne to be in any great danger of messing up our 2014 draft order.  I think the greatest danger to winning a few games might be to play Henne for several more weeks of lumps and losses, making it logical to see what a healthy Gabbert could do.  I'm afraid Gabbert might be like young Mr. Byron LeftTown on his bicycle - the light has gone on.  He sees that the whole point of the bicycle isn't that it's hard to learn riding it.  It's that you get to go somewhere on it.  And, if you can't, or won't ride, you get left behind. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:50 AM by anonymous2112.)

Quote:I don't expect Henne to be in any great danger of messing up our 2014 draft order.  I think the greatest danger to winning a few games might be to play Henne for several more weeks of lumps and losses, making it logical to see what a healthy Gabbert could do.  I'm afraid Gabbert might be like young Mr. Byron LeftTown on his bicycle - the light has gone on.  He sees that the whole point of the bicycle isn't that it's hard to learn riding it.  It's that you get to go somewhere on it.  And, if you can't, or won't ride, you get left behind. 
I am positive Gabbert has no problem getting back on the bike, and never has.  When he has ridden it this year, he keeps crashing, but he's a hell of a lot tougher than the internet tough guys say he is.

This is why I think he starts after London.  The fans may not want to see it, but it is probably best for the team is he does.  Henne is a veteran that is not only going nowhere, but seems to be getting worse.  With Gabbert, at least you can say you gave a young guy his shot, because we have all seen him play better than he has  this year. 

Besides, the loser crew would love for him to continue to play poorly for better draft position.  The only thing we have to lose is more games.

And we are DEFINITELY going to lose more games.

I hope Gabbert reclaims & keeps the starting gig for the rest of the season soon, because Glennon is equally as bad if not worse. 

Quote:I hope Gabbert reclaims & keeps the starting gig for the rest of the season soon, because Glennon is equally as bad if not worse. 

No way, Glennon's pocket presense is light years better than Gabberts, and he's a rookie. They both struggle with accuracy, but Glennon is a better QB.

Quote:No way, Glennon's pocket presense is light years better than Gabberts, and he's a rookie. They both struggle with accuracy, but Glennon is a better QB.

If you say so. I think Glennon is horrible. If he's better than Gabbert its like Henne to Gabbert and thats it. 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 11:34 AM by WingerDinger.)

As far as this season goes, We don't need no STINKIN quarterback.. Wildcat.. every play!! Then IF we hit field goal range, i don't care if its 1&10.. Field Goal.. Lets get Scob into the record books.
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 11:59 AM by jagherd.)

Quote: IIRC they even beat the Texans, who were playing great up to that point.
Well, I think that's more of a Texans issue/curse than it was Indy finally "deciding" to play lights out.

The Texans had never won a game in Indy. Not one. They still haven't. Something about that place they just can't get over. And, IIRC, the Texans pretty much had that game won until a couple of "fluke plays" and terrible penalties cost them the win. Their curse struck again.

And , they were still playing for a first round bye that year. So I'm sure they didn't "tank" that game to try and keep the Colts from getting Luck.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 12:11 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:Well, I think that's more of a Texans issue/curse than it was Indy finally "deciding" to play lights out.

The Texans had never won a game in Indy. Not one. They still haven't. Something about that place they just can't get over. And, IIRC, the Texans pretty much had that game won until a couple of "fluke plays" and terrible penalties cost them the win. Their curse struck again.

And , they were still playing for a first round bye that year. So I'm sure they didn't "tank" that game to try and keep the Colts from getting Luck.

The Texans were playing with TJ Yates at quarterback too at that point because Schaub and Leinart were hurt. They were rolling when Schaub got hurt. Only went 2-3 with Yates starting.

;

;

Quote:And how did he do that?

Threaten the coach with his job?  Threaten the GM with his job?

They both were fired after the season....I think Curtis Painter is bagging groceries at your nearest Publix
We doing it BIG....Florida State bringing that SWAG back in 2013!!!!    

<p style="text-align:center;"> 

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM by anonymous2112.)

Quote:They both were fired after the season....I think Curtis Painter is bagging groceries at your nearest Publix

That was kinda my point.

Irsay could not provide any incentive for anyone on his team to "throw" that game.  Anyone who thinks Tampa or Jax are doing the same this year is ignorant or worse.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 07:23 PM by atburg.)

Quote:I hope Gabbert reclaims & keeps the starting gig for the rest of the season soon, because Glennon is equally as bad if not worse. 
One of the dumbest things youve ever posted, if thats even possible!!! The kid (Glennon) is out there in a near impossible situation, taking his lumps, and making some decent throws! Not sure what youre watching, or what youre smoking while youre watching it, but im gonna say youre days of being a pro talent evaluator are over!

You are becoming the king of making these statements, then running!

Quote:That was kinda my point.

Irsay could not provide any incentive for anyone on his team to "throw" that game.  Anyone who thinks Tampa or Jax are doing the same this year is ignorant or worse.

Precisely. Owners, coaches and players don't tank! It's called apathy on the players part because of going through an entire season with no momentum and near the end of the season they are hurt, tired and ready for the game and season to be over. They are human and as much as the coaches want to win the remaining games because of incentives or job security, when the players don't give the effort, coaching can't cure it.

Regards..........the Chiefjag

Quote:That was kinda my point.

He has a little talk with 3 or 4 key players.  "Hey guys, we win this game, we miss out on the # 1 pick and we're lucky to see .500 next year.  We lose, we get Luck and we're on top of the division again.  Now I'd never tell you to throw a game, but I won't complain if you just have an "off" day.  I know you all want to be back in the playoffs as bad as I do.  I'll let you guys decide if this game is more important than our future."

I'm not saying it happened, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2013, 10:46 PM by Adam2012.)

Quote:He has a little talk with 3 or 4 key players.  "Hey guys, we win this game, we miss out on the # 1 pick and we're lucky to see .500 next year.  We lose, we get Luck and we're on top of the division again.  Now I'd never tell you to throw a game, but I won't complain if you just have an "off" day.  I know you all want to be back in the playoffs as bad as I do.  I'll let you guys decide if this game is more important than our future."

I'm not saying it happened, but it certainly isn't outside the realm of possibility.
Did he also tell the coaching staff - "Hey guys, if we lose this game you're all gone next year and you'll have to hope you can find employment to support your families!"

In this day of news 24 hours a day you don't think this sort of conversation wouldn't have come out?

Teams may lose incentive, but they don't tank.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Did he also tell the coaching staff - "Hey guys, if we lose this game you're all gone next year and you'll have to hope you can find employment to support your families!"

In this day of news 24 hours a day you don't think this sort of conversation wouldn't have come out?

Teams may lose incentive, but they don't tank.

Some people will never understand that the coaches/players are performing for their livelyhood every week. They dont tank, because losing costs them their jobs more often than not. Many stupid posters here will continue with their conspiracy theories though. 

Quote:Some people will never understand that the coaches/players are performing for their livelyhood every week. They dont tank, because losing costs them their jobs more often than not. Many stupid posters here will continue with their conspiracy theories though.

This we do agree on. No players/coaches are gonna tank on purpose. They have to much to loose. Hypothetically if we tank.. go 1-15 draft Bridgewater and he turns out to be a bust then that's just more reason for Bradley/Caldwell to possibly loose there jobs.