Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chargers Fans Are Real Nervous About This Game Against Us.

Quote:There are a few positives for the jags

1. Gabbert is not playing

2. Our secondary is good

3. The team seems to be getting better

Let me add a few more:

4. The defensive line is getting better

5. Home game against a West Coast team

6. Justin Blackmon will play

But I am concerned about Cecil Shorts because wide receivers can't do their jobs very well with shoulder injuries.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Most of the guys you mentioned would have a real tough time landing a starting job on most teams. They're good compared to the rest of the trash we have, and they may have some promise but I wouldn't call them emerging. 0-6 speaks for itself.
They would have a real tough time landing a starting job on most other teams because most of them are rookies, and for some this might even be their first year as a starter, but if we can develop them, we might have just laid a solid foundation for this team to build on.

The talent on this team as I said last year is not the worst in the league.  Ok, it's not playoff material but the reason they've looked *so* bad up in the first few games has a lot to do with the top weapons on offense being out, Gabbert regressing, and the offensive line getting accustomed to a new blocking scheme.  They are adjusting and so we'll win a handful of games before the season is out.  So I don't see any reason that doesn't start this Sunday.  Jag's 24, Chargers 20.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Amazingly enough, out of all of the emerging players on our team right now, Chargers fans are most concerned about MJD. If only they knew...

Justin Blackmon has two injuries and is listed as questionable. Cecil Shorts is also listed as questionable. Chargers fans probably saw that and thought we won't have them, so MJD will be busy.

I am actually jacked up for this game. I can at least have a fool's hope when Henne and all the weapons are on the field. I really think if the Jaguars bring their "A" game we can get Gus his first win on Sunday.

No pain, no gain.

I'm interested to know how you guys are going to stop Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and Danny Woodhead all at the same time. Should be fun.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2013, 08:02 AM by Bullseye.)

Quote:I'm interested to know how you guys are going to stop Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and Danny Woodhead all at the same time. Should be fun.

If you pressure Rivers enough, all those guys above will largely disappear.

Not that I think the Jaguars can necessarily accomplish this, mind you...just saying.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I'm interested to know how you guys are going to stop Keenan Allen, Antonio Gates, and Danny Woodhead all at the same time. Should be fun.

Well it isn't like they have been unstoppable this year. As bullseye said, getting pressure on Rivers will certainly help. We were able to get a lot of pressure on Manning which was surprising.

Quote:Well it isn't like they have been unstoppable this year. As bullseye said, getting pressure on Rivers will certainly help. We were able to get a lot of pressure on Manning which was surprising.

I would say it's possible for the Jaguars to pressure Rivers if San Diego's interior OL play isn't good.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:Most are saying that while they enjoyed the win against the Colts, however they also think that the Jags have a pretty good chance at beating them. Especially when you consider the fact that the Jags were toe to toe with Denver for most of the game and are hungry for that first W of the season.

Jags are on the rise.
It's due to circumstances not related to the current matchup but Rather Charger tendencies. LWLWLW?

Quote:I would say it's possible for the Jaguars to pressure Rivers if San Diego's interior OL play isn't good.

So Denver's offensive line must be bad too, using that logic. Andre Branch nearly sacked Peyton Manning in the end zone. We are definitely improving on defense.

Quote:It's due to circumstances not related to the current matchup but rather Chargers tendencies. LWLWLW?

In other words they can't keep a streak going. The bigger problem is playing on the East Coast at 1:00.

With Gratz back, they should be able to contain these guys.

'02

Quote:If you pressure Rivers enough, all those guys above will largely disappear.

Not that I think the Jaguars can necessarily accomplish this, mind you...just saying.

Quote:Well it isn't like they have been unstoppable this year. As bullseye said, getting pressure on Rivers will certainly help. We were able to get a lot of pressure on Manning which was surprising.
Chargers have the 2nd best pass blocking O line in the NFL. And even if the Jags bring pressure, Chargers offense this year is build around Rivers getting the ball out super quick (less than 2 seconds) so the ball will be out. This isn't like Norv's vertical offense. The Chargers offense is now build around short and intermediate throws.

Superchargers 34    Jags 13

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2013, 12:57 PM by Ratix240sx.)

Quote:Amazingly enough, out of all of the emerging players on our team right now, Chargers fans are most concerned about MJD. If only they knew...
MJD has been getting stronger and stronger each week. The last two weeks he averaged 4.0 and 3.6 yards per carry repectively and his yards totals have increased as well. Remember he's coming off a major injury, teams until recently with the emergence of Blackmon been stacking the box against our horrible oline know that with Gabbert back there they had nothing to worry about on the back end. If the passing game is clicking I could definetly see MJD going off on the Chargers.

<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" color=#ffcc00></FONT>[url=http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r74/Ratix240sx/?action=view&current=untitled5.jpg][/url]