Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We Need Gabbert Back Asap

Quote:That's the scary part. The worst for them may be yet to come while the Jaguars as a team seem to be trending up on defense.

Our defense is not good enough to overcome our offense's failures, imo. If the Bucs don't win one, I'll honestly be very surprised.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For me, I don't think that either QB gives this team more or less chance of winning games because both are equally inept. It would be nice to see this team win a couple of games and still end up with the first overall pick, but a couple of wins might be too much to ask from either QB. I think Blackmon's introduction to the team has gone down well, and perhaps when Lewis gets healthy then he can contribute to the passing game along with Shorts. If MJD can return to form then that gives the offense an imposing outlet. So this team does have players that can cause damage, but it doesn't have a QB to make use of them. Personally, I think this team will have to do something amazing to not end up with the top overall pick because I am struggling to see where this team's couple of wins comes from. Looking at the schedule we have:

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. Chargers

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. 49ers

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- @ Titans

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. Cardinals

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- @ Texans

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- @ Browns

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. Texans

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. Bills

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- vs. Titans

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">- @ Colts

If I am being optimistic, then perhaps one might argue that the games against the Browns and Bills are both winnable, and perhaps the road game against the Titans. The Browns are stuck with Weeden and a lacklustre running game, so perhaps this team can put up points against them and sneak a win. And the Bills have lost EJ Manuel, though he should be back for then, but overall this game might be winnable because by that stage you hope that the team has made a decent stride by that point. I guess one might say that the Titans might be vulnerable without Locker at the helm, because Fitzpatrick was terrible at the weekend. So maybe there is another game that might be winnable. But outside of those three games it is difficult to see this team winning any of them, and even those three 'winnable' games are by no means easy. For me, 0-16 is a distinct possibility.

That said, the thing that needs to be considered at this point is how the teams around us continue to perform. As it stands the draft order is as follows:

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">1. Giants (0-6)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">2. Jaguars (0-6)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">3. Buccaneers (0-5)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">4. Vikings (1-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">5. Rams/Steelers (1-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">6. Rams/Steeelers (1-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">7. Falcons (1-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">8. Bills (2-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">9. Raiders (2-4)

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">10. Texans (2-4)

Looking at that draft order I still fancy this team's chances of landing the number #1 pick. I honestly do not see the Giants remaining as bad as they currently are, and even if they do, then the likelihood is that they will either trade the pick to a QB needy team or pass on Bridgewater and draft the best player on the board. The team that might usurp us is the Buccaneers. Now granted they have enough talent to win games, but with a rookie QB, the media circus and drama surrounding the team, plus a questionable head coach - then all of those factors, and more, may end up with them continuing to struggle. Plus, when you factor in their schedule it is not easy by any means, and for me they may end up 3-13 tops, though potentially worse.

But to get back to the original comment in the original post. I don't think it matters who this team plays at quarterback. Both QBs are equally inept as the other, and while Henne might give the receivers a better chance to score and/or make decent yardage, I don't think that Henne is capable of leading a team like this to enough wins to put us out of contention for the the top pick. Even winning one game is going to be a big ask for this team when you look at the remaining games it has to play. Personally this team is heading for the top pick no matter which guy starts the remaining games, and when you look at the teams around us, I don't see us having a better record than the any of the other teams picking inside the top ten right now.

I don't see why Henne is being lumped with Gabbert. Neither is good, but they are not equally bad. Gabbert is worst and it's not close.

Gabbert really should've been a baseball player. Up there on that pitcher's mound with his own private island where he can throw fastballs all day without anyone coming near him.

Maybe I'm still high off our loss to the denver pumpkins, but I think we're better than the bucs...  Someone talk me off this ledge

Quote:Maybe I'm still high off our loss to the denver pumpkins, but I think we're better than the bucs...  Someone talk me off this ledge
I dont know after watching what the Rams did to houston we may be better then them.

This forum is starting to vastly overrate this team just because we ONLY lost by two touchdowns to Denver.

It's hilariously depressing.

TEST

Quote:This forum is starting to vastly overrate this team just because we ONLY lost by two touchdowns to Denver.

yes, that's the ticket, more of this please!  :thumbsup:

Quote:This forum is starting to vastly overrate this team just because we ONLY lost by two touchdowns to Denver.

Didn't you hear? 12 points against the 29th ranked defense. Time to start crowning some guys.

Quote:Didn't you hear? 12 points against the 29th ranked defense. Time to start crowning some guys.
12 points is more than all the combined points Gabbert has led the team to this entire season.

Gabbert couldn't much against the Rams... who have been getting torched by everyone else.

I think I understand why the decision was made to start gabbert after the preseason competition. And I deff understand why we haven't given anyone else from the ps a shot at qb. But what I don't understand is why there are so many people who don't understand. Lol

Quote:12 points is more than all the combined points Gabbert has led the team to this entire season.

Gabbert couldn't much against the Rams... who have been getting torched by everyone else.

Gabbert has been awful.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Henne also having been awful.

Quote:Gabbert has been awful.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Henne also having been awful.

Henne = awful

Gabbert = gawd awful

For whatever reason, the team seems to play a little better with Awful Henne in the lineup. That's just my "eyeball" observation though.

Quote:12 points is more than all the combined points Gabbert has led the team to this entire season.

think it was the rams that just totally crushed the texas, it wasnt even a game

Quite depressing.  The laughter only hides the pain.

One of these years.............

Quote:Gabbert really should've been a baseball player. Up there on that pitcher's mound with his own private island where he can throw fastballs all day without anyone coming near him.

But when someone hits a ball out to the pitchers mound...

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

UM.... NO...

HENNE CAN DO A BETTER JOB OF ENTERTAINING US AND STILL KEEP US ON THE LOSING SIDE OF THE BALL GAME.... GIBBLET JUST LOOKS HORRIBLE OUT THERE....UNWATCHABLE

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

My first thought after the game was "Bradley needs to get Gabbert back in there immediately!".

Henne is certainly not the answer, but Corky the [BLEEP] could see he actually looked like a real NFL quarterback and he's bound to get lucky or hit a hot streak and win one sometime this season. I feel very secure that Gabbert has no chance of doing either this season.

Quote:But when someone hits a ball out to the pitchers mound...

I've seen this ending a number of times in the Charlie Brown comic strips.

Quote:<sub></sub>
<sub>UM.... NO...</sub>

<sub>HENNE CAN DO A BETTER JOB OF ENTERTAINING US AND STILL KEEP US ON THE LOSING SIDE OF THE BALL GAME.... GIBBLET JUST LOOKS HORRIBLE OUT THERE....UNWATCHABLE</sub>

Quote:<sub></sub>
<sub>My first thought after the game was "Bradley needs to get Gabbert back in there immediately!".</sub>

<sub>Henne is certainly not the answer, but Corky the [BLEEP] could see he actually looked like a real NFL quarterback and he's bound to get lucky or hit a hot streak and win one sometime this season. I feel very secure that Gabbert has no chance of doing either this season.</sub>

Oh by the way, this chad henne guy most people want to praise as a qb messiah for this team is 1-10 as a starter Jacksonville Jaguars. Bottom line, he isn't going to win us any games either just good for putting up garbage time stats against bad teams.

[Image: giphy.gif]

We lose with either one.

Garbageman at least entertains us more and gives us a chance to see next years receivers and players in action.

also gives the D a chance to rest.

Lame....I can't bear to watch anymore.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson