Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fidel Castro has died...

Quote:Actually you can have private health if you so desire too.

Which is also cheaper here, although many getting rid of it as the public system is better for many. Great to have the choice. Meanwhile you guys pay the biggest premiums going and the outcomes (for the non rich) aren't good.

But yeah the nations living longer and paying less have got it horribly wrong.

Actually, the outcomes are tied to the overabundance we have as a nation. Clinically our population mostly suffers from diseases related to poor lifestyle choices and our healthcare system is stressed by keeping these people alive. We're experiencing the first ever crisis of abundance and we don't deal with it outside the clinical realm, so we end up with enormous costs to deal with the results, namely fat and out of shape people. We also spend most of that money on prolonging the end of life whereas those people are being assisted to suicide in the other system you tout. Further, we also spend money on trying to keep the almost born alive, and report those lives statistically where those other system generally don't. Finally, when you control for the large disparity between the minority populations, particularly in Canada that you mentioned, you find life expectancies to be much closer. Our healthcare system is broken, but it's not as simple as giving it all over to the government by following models that are used on populations a tenth the size and a hundred times more homogeneous than ours. As we've seen, the more we do that the worse it gets.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Government interference leads to higher prices and scarcity? You don't say.

Seems all the government interference is making my healthcare cheaper.

Remember that guy who could sell a drug at 1000 times above costs? Who wants government interference on that...

Quote:Actually, the outcomes are tied to the overabundance we have as a nation. Clinically our population mostly suffers from diseases related to poor lifestyle choices and our healthcare system is stressed by keeping these people alive. We're experiencing the first ever crisis of abundance and we don't deal with it outside the clinical realm, so we end up with enormous costs to deal with the results, namely fat and out of shape people. We also spend most of that money on prolonging the end of life whereas those people are being assisted to suicide in the other system you tout. Further, we also spend money on trying to keep the almost born alive, and report those lives statistically where those other system generally don't. Finally, when you control for the large disparity between the minority populations, particularly in Canada that you mentioned, you find life expectancies to be much closer. Our healthcare system is broken, but it's not as simple as giving it all over to the government by following models that are used on populations a tenth the size and a hundred times more homogeneous than ours. As we've seen, the more we do that the worse it gets.

Australians have the same issues with lifestyle choices. Very fat nation itself.

The problem I see with your healthcare is that all the government intervention like Obamacare is still based on the same broken model.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2016, 09:04 PM by JackCity.)

My only opinion on healthcare is that nurses should be paid way more and treated better. One of the toughest jobs there is.

Quote:My only opinion on healthcare is that nurses should be paid way more and treated better. One of the toughest jobs there is.

I agree, but I think most round here prefer to see the nurses paid less and the hospital CEO paid more.

Quote:Sounds like you have less choice. I can go to any doctor I like and will be covered. Do you have to ring around to find where you are covered?
This is valid to some degree. Unless you want to pay out the wazoo with a PPO plan, you get stuck in rings with HMO's.

HMO is my preference up until I have cancer or major disease. For the routine stuff HMO controls the cost much better. But when you get cancer, you wanna pick the doc and the treatment.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 06:13 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:My only opinion on healthcare is that nurses should be paid way more and treated better. One of the toughest jobs there is.
Agree on the one of the toughest job part, and probably the pay in everywhere but Cali. I wouldn't recommend nursing as a job to basically anyone.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Australians have the same issues with lifestyle choices. Very fat nation itself.

The problem I see with your healthcare is that all the government intervention like Obamacare is still based on the same broken model.

I agree, significant changes should be made. Where we disagree is that I believe in less government intervention while you endorse more.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I agree, but I think most round here prefer to see the nurses paid less and the hospital CEO paid more.

That's not really accurate, but don't stop believing.

I saw a few posts on Facebook from friends that I knew in South Florida whose parents came to the US from Cuba.  They were much happier with Donald Trump's response to his passing than Obama's.  The Cuban people filled the streets of Miami with a celebration when they found out he passed away.

You can watch one of the recent episodes of The Profit with Marcus Lemonis to see the situation there.  People are still rationed goods from the government, can only own one businesss with severe restrictions on receiving goods, there's no goods, and the government still controls much of what you do on a daily basis.

I also found it funny that Colin Kaepernick wore a Fidel Castro t shirt and said that Cuba had the highest literacy rate in the world (untrue) and that they spend more money on education than the prison system, which the US does not (also untrue.)  The Miami crowd didn't seem to take kindly to his view on the Cuban leader or his representation of their country.

(This post was last modified: 11-29-2016, 09:39 AM by JackCity.)

Quote:Agree on the one of the toughest job part, and probably the pay in everywhere but Cali. I wouldn't recommend nursing as a job to basically anyone.

My mother was one for years. No idea how they do their job with bad pay, no support from higher ups, serious understaffing and lack of funding too.

Quote:I agree, but I think most round here prefer to see the nurses paid less and the hospital CEO paid more.

Is it hard to type while talking out your butt like that?
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I agree, significant changes should be made. Where we disagree is that I believe in less government intervention while you endorse more.

Our healthcare costs and choices both got worse when our last government intervention happened.

We were better off as a whole before 0bamacare.

They need to roll back/repeal it all, then add in specific reforms for what's actually needed (pre-existing, etc.)

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

a hero and amazing human being. forever he will be missed.  i declare him Saint Fidel. Amen

Quote:a hero and amazing human being. forever he will be missed. i declare him Saint Fidel. Amen

Thanks Obama..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Dang ..... please don't tell me these cars are going to quit being maintained with the influx of compact imports

[Image: 0003748419.jpg]

Quote:Dang ..... please don't tell me these cars are going to quit being maintained with the influx of compact imports

[Image: 0003748419.jpg]

haha "maintained" is used loosely here. they are junk. they all have old japanese car engines in them and can barely pull their own weight.

Quote:haha "maintained" is used loosely here. they are junk. they all have old japanese car engines in them and can barely pull their own weight.

But they LOOK good...lol

I told a guy at work yesterday the only good thing that has stayed there are the cars and that's only because they've been forced to.

Quote:I told a guy at work yesterday the only good thing that has stayed there are the cars and that's only because they've been forced to.

But think about how rich they're all fixing to become from selling those classic cars to happy Americans!!