Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Who would lead the Jags to the most wins?
Blaine Gabbert
Chad Henne
Ricky Stanzi
[Show Results]

Which Qb Do The Fans Want?

Quote:Really. Why would Jacksonville want a Hiesmen trophy winner that led an NFL team to the playoffs (and won a playoff game) and hails from the city of Jacksonville. Would be ludicrous!

Rolleyes

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Give me Stanzi at this point

"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

I guess Eugene Monroe is off the table?
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif'>http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif</a>

Quote:Several of them are members of my family so I know they exist.

I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do to help you through this?

None of those guys , Tebow

Quote: 

3. They'll still have video of this era and it will take all of 3 seconds to see why no one wanted him. He sucks and can't play QB at the NFL level.

So what is the excuse with Gabbert? He is clearly worse than Tebow , in fact worse than Jamarcus Russel and just about every QB that has ever played in the NFL,  and there is twice as much film on him.

Quote:So what is the excuse with Gabbert? He is clearly worse than Tebow , in fact worse than Jamarcus Russel and just about every QB that has ever played in the NFL,  and there is twice as much film on him.

I think you scare the haters away! Nice work
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif'>http://i.imgur.com/FiutZpK.gif</a>

Quote:Several of them are members of my family so I know they exist.
You can pick your friends. Relatives......you're just sorta stuck with whatever comes along in the family package.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Why are we talking about these scrubs that have already proven they are terrible?

Quote:So what is the excuse with Gabbert? He is clearly worse than Tebow , in fact worse than Jamarcus Russel and just about every QB that has ever played in the NFL,  and there is twice as much film on him.

No excuse, he's been the guy on this team becuase he was drafted. I expect them to move on. You think we should sign a guy who is fundamentaly worse than Gabbert, that shows the mentality of the cult.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

It's the same tired arguments over and over, they are hopelessly lost in the world they've created in their minds where Tebow can actually play.

Pass the beernuts.

Quote:I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do to help you through this?

Quote:You can pick your friends. Relatives......you're just sorta stuck with whatever comes along in the family package.

Thanks!

Quote:Even if he is released.  I think some fans have a really hard time understanding what that means.

AGREED...

NH3...
"AZANE"

You got three guys who have proven that they can't play QB. One of which (Tebow) is a HUGE distraction....and then you've got the one guy who hasn't got the chance to prove himself....but was more successful than Henne and Gabbert in college (Stanzi) and even beat Gabbert in the last game of their college careers. And I think it's hard to argue that Stanzi's system made him more NFL ready than Tebow and Gabbert for sure. If Stanzi gets a fair chance (1 or 2 full games) and plays worse than the other two, then you can cut him, and sign Tebow. But if the Jags sign Tebow, Shorts and Blackmon will be dropped by every single fantasy owner in the U.S. because they're not gonna get touches.

Why are we still talking about Tebow? Is he in the NFL?

Is there not some website that people can go and heap praise on un-employed league washouts. Thats where teblow should be discussed. Not on a NFL related website.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 10-02-2013, 10:45 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:You got three guys who have proven that they can't play QB. One of which (Tebow) is a HUGE distraction....and then you've got the one guy who hasn't got the chance to prove himself....but was more successful than Henne and Gabbert in college (Stanzi) and even beat Gabbert in the last game of their college careers. And I think it's hard to argue that Stanzi's system made him more NFL ready than Tebow and Gabbert for sure. If Stanzi gets a fair chance (1 or 2 full games) and plays worse than the other two, then you can cut him, and sign Tebow. But if the Jags sign Tebow, Shorts and Blackmon will be dropped by every single fantasy owner in the U.S. because they're not gonna get touches.

I don't want to see Stanzi play if it means we win 2 extra games and end the season with the 2nd overall pick. Don't you understand what tank means?

Quote:

Thru 15 Games?

What about the remaining games?

NH3...
"AZANE"

The question in the thread topic and the question in the poll are two completely different questions.

1.  Henne is slightly better than Gabbert.  Stanzi couldn't get on the field last year with the horrible Matt Cassel in front of him.

2.  Play Sunshine.  We know he will keep our perfect record intact.  

Draft best QB in next year's draft.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

Since he who must not be named isn't in the NFL anymore... shouldn't his name be a banned word?

Kind of like Voldemort.  The similarities are there.  

Warning: Harry Potter Spoilers below

[spoiler]-Both have a huge following

-Said following are obsessed with them

-Said following will also fight anyone who doesn't think they're that great

-Voldemort can't kill Harry Potter, which he's famous for. Tebow can't throw a football, which he's famous for.

-Voldemort doesn't have a nose. Tebow doesn't have a nose for finding the receiver

-Voldemort kills people. Tebow kills teams chances of winning

-Voldemort did amazing at Hogwarts. Tebow did amazing at Florida

-Voldemort's biggest obstacle was an old man (Dumbledore) who tried to stop him; Tebow's biggest obstacle was an old man (Elway) who tried to stop him

-Voldemort faced a fate worse than death; Tebow faced a fate of being traded to the Jets.[/spoiler]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.