Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I have an opinion that is NOT going to be popular. AT ALL

Only shot Gus has is to put a ring on Khans finger
A good loser is a good loser

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Perhaps there will still be a few delusional fans thinking Gus is gone even with a 7-9 record, but most fans along with Khan will be loving Gus if the Jaguars knock off five of six playoff contenders from here on out.

Because a finish like that would be so unlikely, it would be exciting, but I'd have mixed feelings just because it might mean Bradley would stay on.  Really we just need to put the sad chapter known as "the Bradley era" behind us and start looking ahead.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:Only shot Gus has is to put a ring on Khans finger
Friendship ring?

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:This shouldn't be so unpopular. You said, "if we start winning," and I totally agree. I look at the remaining schedule and there is not a game on there you can say should be a win. With that said, my current prediction for the team is 5-11, and at that point I do think Gus is really gone. But, if the team really starts winning against this particular remaining schedule, and say ends up 7-9... there's no way Gus is leaving. But do you really see that happening. Before answering unless you already know it, take a look at the remaining schedule.
I agree and blowing the team up would not be good.  So if Gus is gone hope they don't start from scratch.  Way to many talented players here. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I'll raise you 10 potatoes and 1 red tomato.
Ha!

Quote:That's your opinion and I wish that I could buy into it, but at this point I don't see the Jags turning it around this season. Bortles quarterback performance is not going to miraculously improve over night, if ever. Gus is what he has proven himself to be here. All the cheery, motivational talk in the world doesn't change the fact that, percentage wise, he is perhaps the losing-est coach in the history of the NFL! He may very well be a very likable person, but the bottom line is the teams record with him here four years... and it has been abysmally bad.

...Next candidate please.
I agree.. however.

I have a feeling Gus gets next year...

Quote:I agree.. however.

No chance.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:No chance.
Idk...most all of is though he would be gone 5 games ago.

He's still here...I also believe Kahn will decide if hes gonna make a coaching change with "who's available" having a huge impact on that decision

If no one with a proven record is available.

I bet Gus stays

Please no

Quote:I agree.. however.

I just don't see it.

How the heck would Shad and the Jags sell one more year of Gus to the people who have yet to buy or renew their season tickets?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I just don't see it.

How the heck would Shad and the Jags sell one more year of Gus to the people who have yet to buy or renew their season tickets?
Because all signs point to us being so close to being good

How Gus keeps his job in 8 easy steps.

1. At 9.00pm all the QBs are taken ill after eating bad wings at a strip joint somewhere in Alaska.

2. At 10.00pm all the WRs and RBs have their legs broken by triads after Allen Hurns loses the last double or quits game of mahjong in a seedy Hong Kong gambling den.

3. At 11.00pm all the offensive line is busted for injecting horse steroids directly into their eye balls.

4. At midnight all the defensive line climb into the polar bear enclosure at Copenhagen zoo for a royal rumble to settle their twitter beef. Senderek Mark's dreads are the only things to survive.

5. At 1.00am the linebackers suffer horrific injuries due to an exploding popcorn bag during the Harry Potter marathon at Dan Skuta's house.

6. At 2.00am Donald Trump quits as president elect to join a Tibetan monastic order and asks the all the DBs to become joint presidents in order to heal the nation's divides. Being patriots, they accept and immediately start work on a peace deal in the middle east.

7. At 3.00am the special teams guys get arrested and shipped to a secret location in the Gobi desert for being a suspected Isis cell after Brad Nortman's recent searches into ancient Egyptian gods causes confusion on the CIA's computers.

8. With a crack team assembled in less than 24 hours, Gus Bradley coaches the team to 8-8 and a wildcard spot where we lose a low scoring affair to the Steelers after a particularly bad PI call against me while I'm playing free safety.

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Because all signs point to us being so close to being good

Gus had so many breaks go his way last year, including getting franchise record numbers from his QB and facing several backup and rookie QBs, and could only guster up a 5-11 record.

This year, Gus has regressed to 2-8 when last year he was 4-6 after 10 games.

Also, Gus is in danger of losing his stranglehold grip of 3rd place in the division and finishing in last place, in the worst division in football.

All these signs point to being closer to a top pick in the NFL draft then being close to being good.

They also point closer to Gus being gone next year then being here, much much closer.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:How Gus keeps his job in 8 easy steps.

1. At 9.00pm all the QBs are taken ill after eating bad wings at a strip joint somewhere in Alaska.

That would be "The Bush Company" on International Airport Road in Anchorage.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:Idk...most all of is though he would be gone 5 games ago.

He's still here...I also believe Kahn will decide if hes gonna make a coaching change with "who's available" having a huge impact on that decision

I bet Gus stays

Marrone would take over if no one else is available because there is zero chance Khan rolls another year with Gus.  We'll win 1 or 2 more games this year, and 4-12 will not be enough to save his job.

"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

Quote:Idk...most all of is though he would be gone 5 games ago.

I bet Gus stays
I get your thinking here but the thing is... we're talking about the coach with perhaps the worst record in the history of the NFL! I suspect that Dave Caldwell really wouldn't have to work too hard to find someone who could do better, even with limited options.

Quote:Gus had so many breaks go his way last year, including getting franchise record numbers from his QB and facing several backup and rookie QBs, and could only guster up a 5-11 record.

This year, Gus has regressed to 2-8 when last year he was 4-6 after 10 games.

Quoting you because I like the word play.  This is what bothered me all through the off season when he was retained.  You get all the breaks and your QB is playing improved football and you can't muster up any wins or a winning streak.  His entire tenure has been an illusion.  This team is flat with very little improvement.  Been waiting on that up arrow for 4 plus years.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:I get your thinking here but the thing is... we're talking about the coach with perhaps the worst record in the history of the NFL! I suspect that Dave Caldwell really wouldn't have to work too hard to find someone who could do better, even with limited options.
Probably right...

Maybe I'm just forever the optimist...

I just can't accept failure...

Dam. It Gus....we believed in you

Quote:Quoting you because I like the word play. This is what bothered me all through the off season when he was retained. You get all the breaks and your QB is playing improved football and you can't muster up any wins or a winning streak. His entire tenure has been an illusion. This team is flat with very little improvement. Been waiting on that up arrow for 4 plus years.
Me too man...been waiting for 4 years for the up arrow...wth gives?

Quote:Apparently....we have the 12tg ranked defense.

And now that Hackett is calling better plays....

I believe we are very close to where we thought we were at the beginning of the season...

On the cusp of winning a LOT of games.

( Bortles is the key to this. He improves his play= we win games)

I also believe if we do " turn the corner" and start winning...

Bradley will be our coach next year.

And we will do next year what we should have done this year...

Be in contention for tge division title.

Comments? Objectively PLEASE?
Wishful thinking on the "turning the corner" statement. Wishful as in sure would be nice to see a strong finish. But, after just having looked at the schedule the rest of the way........it's NOT unreasonable to see them finish @ 3-13. NONE of the remaining games can be realistically called a given win. In fact, most of them "could be called" a given loss based on their play so far. Of course, it would be nice to see them finish strong but I suspect allot of guys on this team would be thrilled just to see the finish part of that equation.