Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I look forward to Donald Trump bringing BLM and Police Together.

Quote:What are your thought on the Klu Klux Klan? They've practiced domestic terrorism for years. They should go away and stop causing divide.

What's your point here? Are you insinuating that I support the KKK?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:As a white guy with lots of white friends, I can say for sure, there is a LOT of racism out there.  I personally know LOTS of them.  Some of them are my friends.  They are not shy about expressing their racism when they think they are among friends.   So I can see why Van Jones called this a "whitelash against a black President."   There's a lot of resentment out there among a certain class of people and it comes out sometimes as racism. 

I'm sure the reasons people voted for Trump are diverse, but I know a lot of them are just sick of women and blacks and Mexicans and they wanted to return the country to a good old white boy President. 
I do believe this was has much to do with sexism as anything else. 

Quote:It's time to come together as a country.

President Trump is here to unite the nation.  I hope he unites the black people and white people.  I for one pray for him and our nation.

Hispanic Lives Matter   :whistling:    :thumbsup:

Quote:The fact you accuse Van Jones of spreading hate only shows you're uninformed.

Show me where I said he did. Dang dude, learn how to read. I don't even know who he is, I've never heard him say a word. I was speaking in general terms when I made the statement.

Quote:I do believe this was has much to do with sexism as anything else. 

Hang on.

I can only speak for myself.  I don't deny there may have been some of that, but I can say it wasn't my reason for not liking her as a candidate.

But - shouldn't like/dislike be treated the same way, since it's the flip side of the same coin?

Wouldn't it have been just as wrong to be for her solely because she was a woman, just as it would be wrong for someone to be for or against 0bama solely because he was black?

I see all that as being equally wrong reason to vote for or against any candidate.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:The fact you accuse Van Jones of spreading hate only shows you're uninformed.

Van Jones is actually lower than the excrement that my dog makes.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:Van Jones is actually lower than the excrement that my dog makes.

Hmmm

This statement actually says more about you and less about Van,

Van Jones -

1996 – Brick Award Now renamed as Dosomething Awards[96]

1997–1999 – Rockefeller Foundation "Next Generation Leadership" Fellowship

1998 – Reebok International Human Rights Award

2000 – International Ashoka Fellowship

2008 – Best Dressed Environmental List (#1 of 30); Sustainable Style Foundation[97][relevant? ]

2008 – Time Magazine Environmental Hero[98]

2008 – Elle Magazine Green Award

2008 – One of the George Lucas Foundation's "Daring Dozen"

2008 – Hunt Prime Mover Award; Hunt Alternatives Fund

2008 – Campaign for America's Future "Paul Wellstone Award"

2008 – Global Green USA "Community Environmental Leadership" Award

2008 – San Francisco Foundation Community Leadership Award

2008 – Puffin/Nation Prize for Creative Citizenship[99]

2008 – World Economic Forum "Young Global Leader"

2008 – Essence Magazine 25 Most Inspiring African Americans

2009 – Hubert H. Humphrey Civil Rights Award[100]

2009 – Eco-Entrepreneur Award, Institute for Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Innovation; Howard University

2009 – Individual Thought Leadership, Energy & Environment Awards; Aspen Institute[101]

2009 - Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People in the World

2010 – NAACP President's Award[8]

2010 – Commonwealth Club of California – Inforum's 21st Century Visionary Award

2010 – Global Exchange Human Rights Award Honoree.

2011 – Ebony Magazine's Power 150

2012 – Rolling Stone Magazine 12 Leaders Who Get Things Done

2013 – The Root Magazine 100 Honorees

2013 – Ebony Magazine's Power 100

2015 – National Urban League's Toyota Clean Energy Honoree[103]

2015 – Environmental Media Association's Green Biz Global Innovator Award[104]

2015 – Rainbow Push Coalition's 2015 Vanguard Award[105]

2015 – David E. Glover Vanguard Award[106]

jagibelieve -

Hmmmm?

Quote:Its racist people and all even on this board that know how to hide it and act like the problem is everywhere except with them.  Leave it be and just stay protected in your home.  

If killing innocent minorities isn't a big enough problem to cause an immediate change then what really will.  All us minorities can do is stay out of the problem until it reaches us.  Come to my car and i feel my life threatened.....you know the rest.  Good day

Killing innocent minorities is a problem... when it happens, but that myth is completely unfounded. 

Quote:What are your thought on the Klu Klux Klan? They've practiced domestic terrorism for years.  They should go away and stop causing divide.

How many times has the KKK killed a black person since 1990? Of course they should go away. How many people do you think don't agree with that? In the same way that not all BLM members want violence, not all KKK members want violence either. The only difference is that we've accepted the KKK as a hate-group. The BLM isn't far off.

Quote:So..................your saying i'm an idiot because i wouldn't want your president around anyone in my family especially children.  I would love to take IQ test with the citizens of this country that think all opposed voters are stupid.  That'll really show the stupidness in this country and i doubt you'd like those results.

I'm curious. While I don't care if you accept him as President or not, but there was a huge outcry when people said that about Obama. Those that supported him claimed racism. 

I'm going to assume you didn't, however.

Quote:Hmmm

This statement actually says more about you and less about Van,

Van Jones -

What has Van Jones accomplished to earn all that? I'm genuinely curious because I'm not familiar with him. 

What I do know about him, he makes broad assumptions about an entire group of people because of their race. That alone is enough to tell me, despite a bunch of magazine mentions, he's an idiot.

You don't think there are a bunch of conservatives with more accolades that say dumber things than Van Jones? Or, are you saying that a certain number of accolades shields you from criticism?

Quote:What has Van Jones accomplished to earn all that? I'm genuinely curious because I'm not familiar with him.

What I do know about him, he makes broad assumptions about an entire group of people because of their race. That alone is enough to tell me, despite a bunch of magazine mentions, he's an idiot.

You don't think there are a bunch of conservatives with more accolades that say dumber things than Van Jones? Or, are you saying that a certain number of accolades shields you from criticism?

Criticism is acceptable to everyone!

Calling him dog feces? Yeah that's just ignorance.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2016, 06:33 PM by JagsFansince1995.)

Quote:Killing innocent minorities is a problem... when it happens, but that myth is completely unfounded. 

How many times has the KKK killed a black person since 1990? Of course they should go away. How many people do you think don't agree with that? In the same way that not all BLM members want violence, not all KKK members want violence either. The only difference is that we've accepted the KKK as a hate-group. The BLM isn't far off.

I'm curious. While I don't care if you accept him as President or not, but there was a huge outcry when people said that about Obama. Those that supported him claimed racism. 

I'm going to assume you didn't, however.

You assumed correctly.  I don't yell racism for anything because i live through racism everyday.  I work in a call center so trust me when i say, Racism EVERYDAY.  I accepted Bush when i knew it was fixed and i'll accept Trump as well.  I just wont call him my President.  If you voted for him and support his beliefs then that's on you and how you feel.  Just don't disrespect me the way Trump disrespects people and we're cool.

EDIT: It's no myth.  Come ride with me ANYday and let's see if Police treat me how you're treated.  

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:What has Van Jones accomplished to earn all that? I'm genuinely curious because I'm not familiar with him.

Here's the thing...and until this train of thought collectively changes nothing any of us say on the matter, this circular argument will continue for eternity.

While I don't particularly agree with Van's commentary to the point that I'd call his premise disingenuous, the Republican party allows...hell they seemingly wallow in...allowing the myth that they're against everyone who's not white either actively or passively to continue. I was raised in Tallahassee and will be 42 on Sunday. For as long as I can remember, this has been the mantra drilled into my head by my family and peers: The Republican party doesn't give a damn about you or your plight. I grew up constantly asking why and not getting a valid answer.

The Dems at least pretend, badly mind you, to give a damn about minorities at face value and that's why we see what we see. Once you start paying attention and educating yourself, you learn their platitudes are largely just that. They still get that "A" for effort though. The Repbus are presented to carry themselves with a "sucks to be you" mentality more often than not that even I at times find offensive (and I'm pretty hard to offend overall). Note, I said this is how they seem/are portrayed. Many of my close friends are Republicans but that's overwhelmingly due to most of them being fiscal conservatives. My main problem with the Republican party is simple:

If there isn't at least some modicum of truth here...why allow it to continue unless you really don't care?
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:You assumed correctly.  I don't yell racism for anything because i live through racism everyday.  I work in a call center so trust me when i say, Racism EVERYDAY.  I accepted Bush when i knew it was fixed and i'll accept Trump as well.  I just wont call him my President.  If you voted for him and support his beliefs then that's on you and how you feel.  Just don't disrespect me the way Trump disrespects people and we're cool.

EDIT: It's no myth.  Come ride with me ANYday and let's see if Police treat me how you're treated.  

Oh, I see racism too. I'm insulted, belittled, and questioned based on nothing more than my race almost every day. You know what though? I don't turn around and claim there's a racism issue with black people against whites.

That's another problem. You make it out to be that Trump is a racist bigot, and that isn't true. Not only that, you assume that people who vote for him support every thing he's said. I think he's a horrible candidate, but I voted for him because he's not Clinton. You, however, have already claimed to know me and people like me.

Quote:Here's the thing...and until this train of thought collectively changes nothing any of us say on the matter, this circular argument will continue for eternity.

While I don't particularly agree with Van's commentary to the point that I'd call his premise disingenuous, the Republican party allows...hell they seemingly wallow in...allowing the myth that they're against everyone who's not white either actively or passively to continue. I was raised in Tallahassee and will be 42 on Sunday. For as long as I can remember, this has been the mantra drilled into my head by my family and peers: The Republican party doesn't give a damn about you or your plight. I grew up constantly asking why and not getting a valid answer.

The Dems at least pretend, badly mind you, to give a damn about minorities at face value and that's why we see what we see. Once you start paying attention and educating yourself, you learn their platitudes are largely just that. They still get that "A" for effort though. The Repbus are presented to carry themselves with a "sucks to be you" mentality more often than not that even I at times find offensive (and I'm pretty hard to offend overall). Note, I said this is how they seem/are portrayed. Many of my close friends are Republicans but that's overwhelmingly due to most of them being fiscal conservatives. My main problem with the Republican party is simple:

If there isn't at least some modicum of truth here...why allow it to continue unless you really don't care?

That's fair.

I think it'll take some from both sides, but I think Republicans have just conceeded that battle. Besides, how many black conservatives have you seen that are simply insulted for being Uncle Toms or the like? It's an uphill battle with almost no gain.

Quote:That's fair.

I think it'll take some from both sides, but I think Republicans have just conceeded that battle. Besides, how many black conservatives have you seen that are simply insulted for being Uncle Toms or the like? It's an uphill battle with almost no gain.
This is true and it's quite frankly sad. Youre probably right though. This just illustrates though why I could never be a Republican.

Think about this for one moment. It wasn't your intent and I'm pretty damn sure you don't feel this way, but you basically just said in a seemingly unintentiomal way that I don't matter (to them). Can this be changed? And if so, how?
<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:Oh, I see racism too. I'm insulted, belittled, and questioned based on nothing more than my race almost every day. You know what though? I don't turn around and claim there's a racism issue with black people against whites.

That's another problem. You make it out to be that Trump is a racist bigot, and that isn't true. Not only that, you assume that people who vote for him support every thing he's said. I think he's a horrible candidate, but I voted for him because he's not Clinton. You, however, have already claimed to know me and people like me.

That's fair.

I actually don't know you and didn't say that i did know you.  i just understand how you feel to a certain degree if you voted for Trump knowing how he feels based on what he does and says.

I don't know alot of people but if they are ok with a man's opinions and beliefs, then i understand to a certain degree how they feel also.  If i say something about anyone's child publicly that is considered borderline pediphilish  and people think nothings wrong then hey, only in 'Merica baby.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

Quote:I don't see it in Donald to do it, and the responses in this thread indicate that point.

Van Jones said something out loud that I was thinking. This was a punishment for America electing a Black president. The people who did not want a progressive society voted for Trump. The people who give him a pass on his rape allegations, class action lawsuits regarding race discrimination, etc are essentially saying they want America to be what it was before diversity took shape.

Were the anti Obama voters also being punished when Obama got elected the first time and punished again the second time?

Someone needs to ask Van Jones if that was the case.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

A whitelash...that doesn't really make sense in this election at all. Shouldn't the people that were against having a black President shown up in the first or second election of the black guy, and not the old white lady that came in after him????

Van Jones needs to be taking out his aggressions on all the Obama people that didn't show up for this election than they did for the previous two if he's so upset that they aren't continuing his legacy.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2016, 02:33 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:You assumed correctly.  I don't yell racism for anything because i live through racism everyday.  I work in a call center so trust me when i say, Racism EVERYDAY.  I accepted Bush when i knew it was fixed and i'll accept Trump as well.  I just wont call him my President.  If you voted for him and support his beliefs then that's on you and how you feel.  Just don't disrespect me the way Trump disrespects people and we're cool.

As a white male, I'm more likely to be shot/killed by a cop than you are (more than any other demographic.)

That is statistical fact.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:As a white male, I'm more likely to be shot/killed by a cop than you are (more than any other demographic.)

That is statistical fact.

That should be obvious. Caucasians outnumber all other demographics. It's simple math, that doesn't validate you're point.

Quote:Here's the thing...and until this train of thought collectively changes nothing any of us say on the matter, this circular argument will continue for eternity.

So it's okay to follow or support a group who pretends to care even though you know they don't? And that's different from supporting a group that doesn't care outright? It's the same thing just from a different direction. It's better the devil you know than the devil you don't. I will support someone who is honest with me even if I don't agree with everything they stand for before I support someone whose cause I may believe in but is disingenuous in their motives.