Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Throwing Beer

In any entertainment sport.. yes the NFL is an entertainment sport... any professional athlete knows the risks... which includes a fan (probably a drunk angry fan at the sequence of events)... throwing whatever.. beer .. water... pretzel.. cotton candy... whatever. That is the JOB. I have no sympathy for the athlete dealing with a beer being thrown at him. I deal with enough working at the hospital. Malice at the Palace 2.0 is ALL I thought when I saw him trying to climb the stands.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-11-2017, 01:09 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:04 AM)basis4day Wrote: Did MLK's kids laugh at him getting spat on?

Did MLK go into the crowd to fight when getting spat on?

No, but if he did the people would have been wearing Jags gear.

Jaguars trolls are the best trolls.

The whole victory ending fiasco is because Carroll has very little discipline on his players and it showed today. Bennett deserve a suspension.

Jags fans should be better than that. Lockett also had one thrown on him after his TD.

Yeah, I agree we shouldn’t be throwing beer at children

This is a serious issue. For God's sake, the man has children. Think of the extensive counseling they'll have to endure. It could be enough to bankrupt an NFL player's bank.

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 01:29 AM by DangerousBoy.)

Like many of you, I was at the game. I can say that emotions were running high and when you mix alcohol I am not surprised that it happened. Would I have ever thrown drinks at a player? No, but that has a lot to do with the fact I don't drink alcohol. That being said, with how the game ended on the field, and with many of the fans being intoxicated, I can I see how this happened. I was NOT happy with how the Seahawks defense treated our offense at the end of the game and if I was over there I probably would have had a few choice words to say to Jefferson. I do not condone what the 3-4 fans did, because it shouldn't have happened. But like the 1 Seahawks fan that threw popcorn on an injured 49ers player a few years ago does not reflect on all Seahawks fans, the 3-4 Jaguar fans that threw beer on Jefferson does not reflect on all Jaguars fans.

And much like the other members on the forum here. I agree, throwing beer at children is a huge no-no.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(12-11-2017, 01:17 AM)Jags239 Wrote: The whole victory ending fiasco is because Carroll has very little discipline on his players and it showed today. Bennett deserve a suspension.

BUt how will he explain the suspension to his children? 

The man has children!

(12-11-2017, 12:41 AM)basis4day Wrote: Jags fans.... own this,

Sure thing...  I think it is awful that some fans threw stuff.  What the heck is the deal with Bennett rolling our lineman's knee?  You going to own that bush league nonsense?  There are cameras everywhere and the security saw the bottle get thrown.  He should of kept walking and let the Jaguars organization deal with the situation.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Who cares if he has kids? He shouldn't have stuff thrown at him period.
Here we go again

(12-11-2017, 12:39 AM)basis4day Wrote: Zero class in this fan base. Jags fans need to own up. You did it. You threw beer on a man with children. [BLEEP] that.

(12-11-2017, 12:35 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: It's ok because Jags fan threw a cup of beer at him?  You are clueless.  No matter what fans do it is a big no no for a player to try a d go in the stands.  I'm sure he will get a fin

(12-11-2017, 12:38 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: So in your mind what Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson did... totally acceptable? Fans drink... game was getting chippy and out of hand. Bennett was trying to blow our best Oline man knee.... a fan (prob drunk) said screw it and threw a beer. By no means was throwing a beer at a player acceptable... but the reality is it happens. Fans throw things. Players know this! Ever been to an international soccer game? You might be mortified by what happens in those games. Never does a professional athlete go into the stands ... like how can you even defend that?

An NBA game a decade ago has zero to do with  this.

I didn't throw a beer at him.  Nothing like making idiotic blanket statements.  I thought the beer tossing was uncalled for, and those who did this will be weeded out and punished accordingly.  

I'm not sure what the player having children has to do with anything, but why are you more concerned about the behavior of the fans than the punk actions that got him ejected?   What about the kids?  You think that might be something he'd have to explain to them, or are you strictly looking to wag your sanctimonious finger at a fan base?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(12-11-2017, 01:22 AM)Flagler Jagsfan Wrote: This is a serious issue. For God's sake, the man has children.  Think of the extensive counseling they'll have to endure. It could be enough to bankrupt an NFL player's bank.

I wonder if he has dogs?  What about the dogs?
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(12-11-2017, 12:57 AM)Kcirred Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 12:54 AM)basis4day Wrote: Didn't happen though. And no one threw beer on a man with children. Stay classy.

The dirty attempt at injuring Linder is cool because he didn't get hurt, but beer throwing...that beer throwing is crossing the line
Only because of the children.

(12-11-2017, 12:29 AM)jaglyn Wrote: If it's Bud light, I'm ok with it.

If it's a Bold City or Intuition, then I gots a problem with that.

Dilly Dilly!

(This post was last modified: 12-11-2017, 03:06 AM by jrvegeeta.)

(12-11-2017, 01:10 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: In any entertainment sport.. yes the NFL is an entertainment sport... any professional athlete knows the risks... which includes a fan (probably a drunk angry fan at the sequence of events)... throwing whatever.. beer .. water... pretzel.. cotton candy... whatever. That is the JOB. I have no sympathy for the athlete dealing with a beer being thrown at him. I deal with enough working at the hospital. Malice at the Palace 2.0 is ALL I thought when I saw him trying to climb the stands.

No it is not. No player should have to put up with that garbage. Try Walking in their shoes before writing their situation off.

(12-11-2017, 03:05 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(12-11-2017, 01:10 AM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote: In any entertainment sport.. yes the NFL is an entertainment sport... any professional athlete knows the risks... which includes a fan (probably a drunk angry fan at the sequence of events)... throwing whatever.. beer .. water... pretzel.. cotton candy... whatever. That is the JOB. I have no sympathy for the athlete dealing with a beer being thrown at him. I deal with enough working at the hospital. Malice at the Palace 2.0 is ALL I thought when I saw him trying to climb the stands.

No it is not. No player should have to put up with that garbage. Try Walking in their shoes before writing their situation off.

The fans backed our players. Their team could have ended one of our players careers today and at best severely sprained Linders ankle. Sure you shouldn’t throw bottles at the team And id never do it but to intentionally try and hurt somebody on our team team and expect to walk out like nothing happened isn’t right realistic. It goes both ways. You can’t sucker punch someine and get mad when they hit back

(12-11-2017, 12:39 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Coward fans committed assault and battery, then they hide from 300 lb lineman

I don't know if you're joking or not, but, seriously?   The fans are drunk by that time.   The Seattle defensive line attempted to deliberately injure our offensive linemen.  WE WERE IN VICTORY FORMATION!   The thing to do is just shake hands.  But, try to injure our players?   Of course drunk fans are going to make bad decisions at that point.  The thing for Jefferson to do is keep his helmet on and just keep walking.  He was right AT the tunnel entrance.  Two more seconds and he's in the tunnel no worse for wear. 

I'm not excusing what the fans did, but the fans were drunk.  He needs to keep walking.

(12-11-2017, 12:39 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Coward fans committed assault and battery, then they hide from 300 lb lineman

Reputation count confirmed.

(12-11-2017, 12:39 AM)basis4day Wrote: Zero class in this fan base. Jags fans need to own up. You did it. You threw beer on a man with children. [BLEEP] that.

After watching the seachickens conduct themselves in the game yesterday, their fans have lost their right to talk about class, permanently.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.