Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags at Pittsburgh score predictions.

Jeff Saturday picked the Jags to win.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'm a little quite a bit worried about the Steelers game. They're going to be rested, and no doubt, infused with knowledge from the Niners game. Big Ben is going to try his best Jimmy G impression of quick releases. Our only hope is if the good Bortles shows up. If he echoes what he showed today, to any degree, we're dead.

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2018, 10:41 PM by Teal Time Radio.)

(01-07-2018, 05:33 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote: 30-10 Steelers. I am glad we beat Buffalo, but this offense is just not producing at all. No reason to believe they will produce against Pitt, in Pitt. I hope I am so wrong, but we shall see.

Umm I remember Big Ben crying.  I remember tons of INT.  And Jags won!   

And prior no way we beat steelers blah blah blah. 

I remember 07 and walking into Heinz Field in the playoffs and Winning!

Not only going to win! Jags going to win it all! SuperBowl Champs!!

Bad Karma is for those who believe in mumbo jumbo. In the world of business, that doesn't exist. Only bad choices do.

I don't hear static. 31-19 Jags win in the ketchup field vs the mustard towels.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Predicting this team is damn near impossible. Depends on which Blake Bortles shows up.

I do think our defense will get their licks in as well. I think Ben holds he ball a bit too long and he's aggressive which is a good thing for us. I think the defense gives us a few huge plays to keep things close... and if the offense produces we can win. But if the offense is anything like it has been in in the last 3 weeks I think our chances of winning are pretty slim.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I don’t see any way the Jags win this game. I would like to be wrong but we do not have a functioning offense at the moment. I’d guess 31-13 steelers
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(01-07-2018, 10:19 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm a little quite a bit worried about the Steelers game. They're going to be rested, and no doubt, infused with knowledge from the Niners game. Big Ben is going to try his best Jimmy G impression of quick releases. Our only hope is if the good Bortles shows up. If he echoes what he showed today, to any degree, we're dead.

Except for the fact that Big Ben isn't mobile and can't bootleg anything like Jimmy G can. Our Defense has struggled vs QBs who are a threat to escape and run. Jimmy G has one of the quickest releases in the entire league, as well as legs to move around out of the pocket.

The Bills used the same game plan that the 49ers did, but we were ready for it. Play action and bootlegs early to try and get Tyrod out of the pocket. Ben simply cant move like either of them on the outside of the pocket though.

Big Ben can make life difficult for any Defense, but I don't see him stretching the sidelines with his legs like other QBs have this season. It's going to come down to how our pass rush does and mainly due to how our Offense preforms. Which isn't anything new.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 02:31 AM by P. Haze.)

The more games the Jags get the more likely Bortles will have a "best game of his career" type game like he's had plenty of times this year. A points producing Bortles and this defense is damn near impossible to win against. He's had three straight trash games and I think Steelers are about to catch that great one. I expect the Jags to win this game because we match up with them like the Titans do to us.

We're destined to be blown out with the way we've been playing. Our defense is too good for us to be blown out but the offense really has nothing to lose. I hope we go there on a mission to play good ball.
No pain, no gain.

(01-08-2018, 02:31 AM)JaguarJosh05 Wrote: We're destined to be blown out with the way we've been playing. Our defense is too good for us to be blown out but the offense really has nothing to lose. I hope we go there on a mission to play good ball.

I'm glad everybody thinks we'll be blown out, or that we have no chance. Every single time this season, this forum and everybody else had basically said we're guaranteed to win (Jets, Cardinals, 49ers, 2nd Tacks game), we lose.

Games that people say we have business winning, (first tinhorns game, Steelers game, Seahawks game) we end up winning.

I think we match up very well vs every team left in the playoffs, besides those dreaded tacks. Mobile QBs have always been the weakness against this Defense and that's how the tacks have been able to beat us these past few years.

yea unless we resurrect our offense from the dead this is where ti probably ends for us.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

About two months ago I was booking a trip to our home office in Pittsburgh for work on the 1/14. I casually glanced at the calendar and thought to myself, if the Jags are in the playoff I might miss the game. Little did I know...

I can't change my flight now, so I'll be flying in and landing about half-time on Sunday. I've already told my boss I'm wearing my Jags jersey on Monday if they win!

I may be looking for a new job next week!
My sig goes here!

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 10:39 AM by RicoTx.)

(01-07-2018, 07:43 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-07-2018, 07:35 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: 6 - 3  Jags

What year did we win 9-3 against Pitt on Sunday night or something?

9-0 with Leftwich at QB.  At that point, one of the loudest crowds I've ever been in.

I don't give a damn what the score is, as long as we win.

I want to be able to rub my in-laws noses in it good naturedly kid my in-laws.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

steelers 17
Jags - 20

Or the other way around if we can't execute the easy conversions like yesterday.

Well let's look at this rationally.

Yes we have already beaten the Steelers at home this year. But let's be honest, they threw the ball 55 times, Bell was in his 2nd-3rd game back, it's not going to play out the same way.

But we are 4-1 in Pittsburgh against Big Ben and we do seem to be the Steelers bogey team if any is. We always have a go in Pittsburgh and I expect the same Sunday. The D will obviously win the game, how healthy Brown is will be huge but they have a strong and deep WR corps. Now the Steelers are coming off the bye but they have a pretty poor record coming off bye weeks, we now have the momentum and swing of a W.

Obviously the O is going to be massive. No Shazier will be a big loss and can maybe help us get the run going. Fournette still doesn't look right  but the O has to get some rhythm. Now Bortles made a fair few plays with his legs but there were plays where guys were open 7-8 yards downfield and he still ran with it. He has to have confidence in his arm and we have to be able to take shots deep when the sell out to stop the run.

It's all about containing Bell. On the draws, the screens, lining up out wide, if we can keep him contained we've got a real chance. The D line should feast on Roethlisberger, they are so much better on a more stationary QB. 

I honestly think we can win this, and we just need to play well and smart and not turn it over. Suddenly that makes Pittsburgh have to make a fair few plays.

Roll on Sunday, the team will be giving everything in this one.

The defense has to contain Bell early and take away play action. Big Ben is a great QB, but he makes mistakes when under pressure. Stop Bell and beat up on Big Ben and we can win the game.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

Jaguars win

420-69

(01-07-2018, 10:36 PM)SuperJville Wrote: Predicting this team is damn near impossible.  Depends on which Blake Bortles shows up.

I do think our defense will get their licks in as well.  I think Ben holds he ball a bit too long and he's aggressive which is a good thing for us. I think the defense gives us a few huge plays to keep things close... and if the offense produces we can win.  But if the offense is anything like it has been in in the last 3 weeks I think our chances of winning are pretty slim.

This is my dilemma as well.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

(This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 03:20 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-05-2018, 10:02 PM)Jagwired Wrote: Since Sunday is a given

Next week Jags win big 42-10. Banana Big Grin Banana

Big Ben retires and seeks therapy.

Duuuvaaaall!!!

Jags by 32 ?   Heck, I'd be willing to give you a break and simply take 24 points and the Steelers if you're wiling to throw some $$ down on the game.

In all seriousness, I'm going to go Steelers 27 - Jags 16

Temp dropping to a high of 20 degrees on Sunday.

(01-08-2018, 02:47 PM)badger Wrote: Jaguars win

420-69

Steelers Nation would be super pissed if they got beat by 351 points !!

The qb revenge tour continues. 3 Ints and 6 sacks.

Jags win big 33-17

I got the Steelers winning in a blowout. 38-9

If we're gonna win, we need 3 turnovers. And we need Fournette to go for 150. And of course Bortles will not have any room for error.