Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Blake Bortles

(01-14-2018, 10:50 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 10:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think you'll see a totally different defensive gameplan against the Pats.  Brady will try to beat them with short passes and their 3-headed RB.  You will see a lot more stunts and blitzes.  Gotta get Brady on the ground.

Thinking too one dimensionally. Pats expect us to try and stop the dink and dunk, which means they will try and throw it mid field or go run heavy. I dont know how you outscheme the pats, but im sure Tom will be heavily involved.
You don’t out scheme the pats. You hit Brady. Hard. Early. Often.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-14-2018, 11:19 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-14-2018, 09:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:26 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I can't understand why anybody would want to add to our cap figure by re-signing him. He's coming off a serious knee injury.

[Image: AAEAAQAAAAAAAAgvAAAAJGFmMGIwZjQ4LTI0NzQt...YTg0Ng.jpg]

We are playing in the AFC Title Game next week, this team has already EXCEEDED mediocrity. This team is slurping success and you don't seem equipped to handle it.

But we still have a mediocre QB. Yes, we did exceed ALL expectations this year and that's great, but I'm ALWAYS thinking about improving for the future. It's just what I do.

(01-14-2018, 10:36 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: I think you'll see a totally different defensive gameplan against the Pats.  Brady will try to beat them with short passes and their 3-headed RB.  You will see a lot more stunts and blitzes.  Gotta get Brady on the ground.

Agreed. The front 4 will have to be "on". I think it can be done. I believe we will force Brady into at least one, major mistake. We're just going to have to score enough points to win. I see a low scoring game.

(01-14-2018, 11:15 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 09:37 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: We are playing in the AFC Title Game next week, this team has already EXCEEDED mediocrity. This team is slurping success and you don't seem equipped to handle it.

But we still have a mediocre QB. Yes, we did exceed ALL expectations this year and that's great, but I'm ALWAYS thinking about improving for the future. It's just what I do.
[Image: 0c554fdcea98aaf49fdf3662ffe4ae97.jpg]
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(01-14-2018, 10:50 PM)Jaguar Warrior Wrote:

Thinking too one dimensionally. Pats expect us to try and stop the dink and dunk, which means they will try and throw it mid field or go run heavy. I dont know how you outscheme the pats, but im sure Tom will be heavily involved.

We practiced with them for an entire week, have Coughlin, and have Malik who beat Brady down on that Denver Def.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I can’t imagine being so deluded to not want ARob back... the man was dominating in TC and is a determined workhorse. Really excited to welcome him back on at least a franchise tag deal if worst comes to worst.

We need to hit him early and often. I'm going, I can't wait.
[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

(This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 02:01 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Back to using his mobility to give him an edge. Offensive line held up well. Another thing the scrambling does is slow down the pass rush. This game was a polar opposite of our normal recipe for success. We played great complementary football for almost 2 quarters. The offense was able to keep us ahead despite some incredible catches by Brown. Not happy with how the defense performed in the second half. There were too many wide open people and we were content with them just chunking us to death. To the tune of almost 500 yards given up through the air and 6 TD's... that isn't us and if it's like that next week... Yikes.
No pain, no gain.

curious to see how Hackett game plans this next game. Patriots D's are always ranked low in stats but always seem to have a magical quality about them. I think we found a formula that works though, lots of Playaction and let Bortles run

(01-14-2018, 05:51 PM)spacecoastjag Wrote: Bortles is the greatest QB in Jags history. The haters, fake news media, and Alfie are tools. When's the long term contract? No #1 WR and he's been clutch all year the FIRST time in Bortles 4 year career he's had a running game and a defense.

Bortles is the future. Jags are lucky to have him.

Bortles played well and I'm rooting for him but dude, you are in a different universe with your assessment.  He may get there one day but he's not there yet.

I don't think you guys understand how easy it is to get past the mediocrity of Blake Bortles.

All we need to do is go pick a new QB off the QB tree and pay him with magic beans.

Problem solved.

Defense wins championships. While we did have big defensive plays that led directly to 14 points outside of those 2 plays we got torched worse than we did in San Francisco. I know they made some spectacular plays but Ben was able to step up and throw on time all day aside from like 3 attempts.
No pain, no gain.

(01-14-2018, 07:29 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 05:58 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Listen, I'm ecstatic that we won, but we needed 2 defensive TD's, a huge first half by Fournette and two very dumb play calls by the Steelers (a pass on 4th and short and the onside kick), to win this game. Things lined up beautifully for us. The fact is, Bortles was still under 60% completions for the game a was wildly erratic at times. He didn't turn the ball over and made a couple key plays, but no matter how you look at it,  he's still the weak link on a very, very talented team. Let's not get crazy. I LOVE that we beat the Steelers,  but I'm still cautious about this team going forward.

you suck.

HE does but what is the problem with some posters that find it so hard to get behind Blake. He is still developing and we have won 12 games this year with him at the QB position. Every player on this team loves him and has his back, its time for the fans to get on board. Yes we draft a QB in the later rounds so we have a chance of winning if blake gets hurt.  To Blake you have more class then many in this NFL and keep the high road when it comes to bashing anyone. Ps expect a lot of blitzing next week.