Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
MERGED Threads on AFCCG Officiating

(01-21-2018, 07:42 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Said it earlier in the week you had to play good enough so the refs couldn't be a factor. They adjusted to our play action and we have a liability at QB. The offense is limited because they protect the QB too much.

I disagree...when Hackett went run, run, pass in the second half he handcuffed Bortles.  Not many QBs can succeed with a gameplan of run, run, pass on 3rd and long.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

We got too conservative on a few drives, but the refs literally handed them 14 points. Can't say I didn't think it would happen but Jesus Christ, it sucks.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

(01-21-2018, 07:16 PM)jagsfan1983 Wrote: No penalties on the pats. Refs gave them a touchdown drive. Missed PI on each of the jags last 3 drives. But pretty much expected.

That PI call was straight....even my squealer neighbor was surprised. (not because pats)
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

If it is Minn-New England, going to be the biggest Viking fan this side of the Mississippi

I think the NFL is contemplating which storyline is better, Bill/Brady SB run vs Hometown Team with new stadium wins SB

That video makes me angry.

(01-21-2018, 07:45 PM)jaglyn Wrote: If it is Minn-New England, going to be the biggest Viking fan this side of the Mississippi

I think the NFL is contemplating which storyline is better, Bill/Brady SB run vs Hometown Team with new stadium wins SB

They will give it to Brady, life goes on, NFL makes big bucks off the Pats, and we become just another jobber in the playoffs for the NFL's favorite (or new favorite) to beat.

Maybe the Gronk play was technically a penalty but it's such a tough spot for any defender. Essentially the rule is you dont make a play to break up the pass OR you lead with your shoulder and just pray your helmets don't collide. It wasn't a malicious play in the slightest. I'd rather refs use common sense there.

No penalties for the Patriots on offense or defense. Marcedes Lewis got mugged on two third down plays in the second half.

And the Myles Jack one was difficult.

Playing against a team like the Patriots, you have to play well enough where a few plays dont turn the game.

(01-21-2018, 07:43 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:36 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Fellas, the refs sucked, but Hackett is why we lost this game. We need to fix out house.
Did you miss the first half?

Hackett was amazing today.

His 2nd half 1st down play calling was embarrassing. He failed to adjust to their adjustments. As a holdover from the Gus era, he needs to go.

(This post was last modified: 01-21-2018, 07:49 PM by JagNGeorgia.)

(01-21-2018, 07:36 PM)DragonFury Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:32 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: The Gronk tackle had incidental helmet-to-helmet.

For some reason people don't get the basics about helmet to helmet: Incidental. Doesn't. Matter.

Have you read the rules? incidental contact is legal. 

It's the crown-to-helmet hits that are illegal regardless of intent. Because Church led with his shoulder, and Gronk lowered into him, it's an incidental contact between helmets. As long as it's a conventional tackle (it was) then incidental contact can happen. 

Maybe you should be certain of the rules before you decide to be condescending.

(01-21-2018, 07:47 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Maybe the Gronk play was technically a penalty but it's such a tough spot for any defender.  Essentially the rule is you dont make a play to break up the pass OR you lead with your shoulder and just pray your helmets don't collide.  It wasn't a malicious play in the slightest.  I'd rather refs use common sense there.

No penalties for the Patriots on offense or defense.  Marcedes Lewis got mugged on two third down plays in the second half.  

And the Myles Jack one was difficult.  

Playing against a team like the Patriots, you have to play well enough where a few plays dont turn the game.

Richard Sherman tweeted Church did the right/best/only thing he could do.  The rules/officiating are terrible.

(01-21-2018, 07:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:36 PM)DragonFury Wrote: For some reason people don't get the basics about helmet to helmet: Incidental. Doesn't. Matter.

Have you read the rules? incidental contact is legal. 

It's the crown-to-helmet hits that are illegal regardless of intent. Because Church led with his shoulder, and Gronk lowered into him, it's an incidental contact between helmets. As long as it's a conventional tackle (it was) then incidental contact can happen. 

Maybe you should be certain of the rules because you decide to be condescending.

First up, your last comment is condescending so there's that.

So, how would you propose Church should have tackled him?  Blow up his knees?  He lead shoulder into chest.

(01-21-2018, 07:49 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: https://twitter.com/NFLResearch/status/9...2737697793

Really makes me think

[Image: RYjdr.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

One thing I'm getting a kick out of right now is reading the comments section on ESPN:

Some dedicated Pats fans hopelessly having to justify/respond/defend the Officiating bias. They're going to be doing that all week hahaha lol

(01-21-2018, 07:49 PM)Jest101 Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 07:47 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Have you read the rules? incidental contact is legal. 

Maybe you should be certain of the rules because you decide to be condescending.

First up, your last comment is condescending so there's that.

So, how would you propose Church should have tackled him?  Blow up his knees?  He lead shoulder into chest.

Of course I'm going to be condescending after his post. Especially since he's wrong.

His tackle was legal. There was no other way to tackle him without seriously injuring him.

Yeah it was bad. But those are the breaks

(01-21-2018, 07:18 PM)Kcirred Wrote: Pats no penalties, refs blew whistle early on Jack fumble.

This was the biggest questionable call IMO. I mean he was touched during the transfer, but still, didn't look like anyone touched after he actually gained possession.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

It's not about having star players, it's about the small market and the tiny national fanbase. The NFL will never want Jax in the Super Bowl and today was the perfect example of that.