Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Cole and Chark cost us that game

(11-02-2018, 10:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Why do you think he's getting such a high volume of targets?  It's not because of his hands. He's getting them because when Blake goes through his reads, Moncrief is the guy he keeps seeing open. 

I think he was getting a high volume because Hackett was telling him to force feed it to Moncrief for some unknown reason. Maybe trying to increase his value to trade him. We'll see how many targets he gets now that the trade deadline is over. My guess is minimal. Big target? You mean he weighs more? We have TEs for that. Chark is certainly taller than him. Moncrief is a loan and not an in-house guy. Chark needs to be developed ASAP.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 10:52 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Why do you think he's getting such a high volume of targets?  It's not because of his hands. He's getting them because when Blake goes through his reads, Moncrief is the guy he keeps seeing open. 

I think he was getting a high volume because Hackett was telling him to force feed it to Moncrief for some unknown reason. Maybe trying to increase his value to trade him....
This is fantasy.  
Bortles had good chemistry with Moncrief in the offseason as was reported by every local reporter in attendance of OTAs and camp.
 Bortles throws to him because he trusts the guy and has tried repeatedly to rekindle that.  It's only worked in three games unfortunately - because Bortles has been wildly inconsistent and Moncrief isn't good enough to bail him out of off target passes. 

No one is telling Bortles to "force feed" anything. That's ridiculous.

(11-02-2018, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is fantasy.  
Bortles had good chemistry with Moncrief in the offseason as was reported by every local reporter in attendance of OTAs and camp.
 Bortles throws to him because he trusts the guy and has tried repeatedly to rekindle that.  It's only worked in three games unfortunately - because Bortles has been wildly inconsistent and Moncrief isn't good enough to bail him out of off target passes. 

I'm speaking hypothetically as to why Bortles is throwing to Moncrief and you are speaking in absolutes. Who cares about chemistry? He is a 16 game loan. He needs to get chemistry with the guys we drafted, that's his responsibility.

(11-02-2018, 02:11 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 01:48 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: This is fantasy.  

I'm speaking hypothetically as to why Bortles is throwing to Moncrief and you are speaking in absolutes. Who cares about chemistry? He is a 16 game loan. He needs to get chemistry with the guys we drafted, that's his responsibility.
I'm just telling you that I believe your hypothesis to be pure fantasy. That's just not how it works. 

And the guy throwing the football absolutely cares about chemistry. Trust between a QB and his receivers is a factor. 

Chark has already been given an increased role - so your last sentence was already put in motion if you'd paid any attention.

(11-02-2018, 02:28 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(11-02-2018, 02:11 PM)Setsuna00 Wrote: I'm speaking hypothetically as to why Bortles is throwing to Moncrief and you are speaking in absolutes. Who cares about chemistry? He is a 16 game loan. He needs to get chemistry with the guys we drafted, that's his responsibility.
I'm just telling you that I believe your hypothesis to be pure fantasy. That's just not how it works. 

And the guy throwing the football absolutely cares about chemistry. Trust between a QB and his receivers is a factor. 

Chark has already been given an increased role - so your last sentence was already put in motion if you'd paid any attention.

Bortles has forced the ball to Moncrief a lot and it has resulted in almost nothing. I'm not sure if they were called passes to him, but when you see Bortles trying to force back shoulder and deep passes to him, then you know it had to be in the game plan. To continue to force the ball after seeing the results makes it worse as Bortles and/or coaches think the chemistry is still there.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whar about Rashad Greene? Should he be gettin more run?

(11-02-2018, 11:02 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(10-30-2018, 07:30 AM)irontrooper83 Wrote: And this is Bortles with a free lane and Westbrook up top completely open (and you can see better how the coverage broke down in this picture) At the moment i took the screenshot of this seems Blake is almost fully committed to running but there was a couple of moments where he could set his feet and throw (if he saw Dede). Just took the screenshot now cause it was probably the best image with the full field view.
[Image: 566ac41014646354.jpg] 

We still converted and had a big opportunity later in the drive with the 2nd&2 so it's not like we lost the game here but thought this was an interesting (and frustrating)play as well.

I see another WR on the mid-field logo wide open as well.

Yeah at some point when the DB realizes the coverage broke down on Westbrook he reacts and Moncrief comes open for a moment but it's late as Blake is already running on the other direction.
Westbrook on the other hand is completely open since the start and is right in the direction Blake is going.

Video of this play is down here and starts at the 25.00 minute mark, Lageman also shows Ngakoue on the sideline going crazy about Westbrook being that open .:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBui_HkmvDY