Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What are Trump's top policies?

Quote:Going from 35 to 15 under trump

Regulatory reform already part of his platform

Trump has advocated using tariffs as a putative measure against countries that cheat steal our property or have protectionist policies against us. The bulk of his proposal is making this the most attractive business environment in the world, something we both agree needs to happen.

He's cutting and simplifying the income tax rates and code. I wish for consumption tax as well but the electorate isn't ready for that.

Your 75% friend is not your 25% enemy.

A little reform mixed with more taxes is still expanding the state.

He's going to maybe lower the top income tax bracket (he's already said that he's just negotiating on that part and expects they will pay more than he's proposing) but even if he does lower eveyones "income" tax he negates that with a tax on imported goods.

his philosophy instead of making it more competitive domestically through LESS government we're just going to make it more expensive for imported goods with MORE government. That's NOT conservatism, that's NOT 75% conservatism, that's NOT limited government it's a different shade of an expanding state to fix problems in the free market. You can't compete because it's to expensive to do business in America so let's raise the price on everything else. It's the antithesis of conservatism. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:nit picking for your perspective versus clear coating your opposition makes your argument awful no matter how much you try to explain it...

I tried to be nice. I posted about the trade deficit you posted about the potential national debt. If you don't know the difference between a fiscal deficit and a trade deficit that's fine. I just thought u were an accountant or something....

Quote:A little reform mixed with more taxes is still expanding the state.

He's going to maybe lower the top income tax bracket (he's already said that he's just negotiating on that part and expects they will pay more than he's proposing) but even if he does lower eveyones "income" tax he negates that with a tax on imported goods.

his philosophy instead of making it more competitive domestically through LESS government we're just going to make it more expensive for imported goods with MORE government. That's NOT conservatism, that's NOT 75% conservatism, that's NOT limited government it's a different shade of an expanding state to fix problems in the free market. You can't compete because it's to expensive to do business in America so let's raise the price on everything else. It's the antithesis of conservatism.

Lowering corporate tax rates, lowering income tax rates, regulatory reform.

That's not a little reform.

He has never proposed a universal tariff on all imported goods. He said if a country cheats by: currency manipulation, administrative barriers, inordinate subsidies, or a tarriff wall (like the one China has against our products), then those countries could face a tariff.

Quote:Lowering corporate tax rates, lowering income tax rates, regulatory reform.

He has never proposed a universal tariff on all imported goods. He said if a country cheats by: currency manipulation, administrative barriers, inordinate subsidies, or a tarriff wall (like the one China has against our products), then those countries could face a tariff.

Uh let's be real a tarrif on China is a tarrif on probably 80% of all imported goods if not more.

Quote:Lowering corporate tax rates, lowering income tax rates, regulatory reform.

Also my point remains and I want to make sure you see it, trumps belief is the state can and will fix free market problems like price differences between domestic and foreign products or goods. My belief is the state can not ever under any circumstances fix free market problems and we still have a free market. I believe so strongly in a free market that anyone regardless of their policital party who holds the view that the state can and will impose it's will on a free market is not someone I can support.

Taxes will not correct the deficit doesn't matter if you tax income, imports, exports , capital gains, consumption, production, energy none of it will fix a fundamental problem of a state that is over expanding and bloated beyond control. Trump thinks taxing imports will change the deficit situation. But at the end of the day it's just a dressed up tax on you and me, [BLEEP] that.

Quote:Uh let's be real a tarrif on China is a tarrif on probably 80% of all imported goods if not more.

1.) its only a sixth or so.

2.) you still haven't addressed the fact that China tariffs our goods, administratively bars them subsidizes their domestic production , and steals our intellectual property.

Quote:Also my point remains and I want to make sure you see it, trumps belief is the state can and will fix free market problems like price differences between domestic and foreign products or goods.

My point is thats false. That would be using tariffs universally to achieve price equilibrium, that's not what he's advocating. He's advocating tariffs as a putative measure against countries that violate trade agreements or use unfair trade practices.

Quote:My belief is the state can not ever under any circumstances fix free market problems and we still have a free market. I believe so strongly in a free market that anyone regardless of their policital party who holds the view that the state can and will impose it's will on a free market is not someone I can support.

That's just not accurate. China Mexico and other countries do impose massive tariffs and duties on our goods. That's a natural imbalance created by sovereign nations not market forces. Those walls have to be brought down. We can't trade into countries that impose protectionist policies against our producers.

Quote:Taxes will not correct the deficit doesn't matter if you tax income, imports, exports , capital gains, consumption, production, energy none of it will fix a fundamental problem of a state that is over expanding and bloated beyond control. Trump thinks taxing imports will change the deficit situation. But at the end of the day it's just a dressed up tax on you and me, [BAD WORD REMOVED] that.

He's talking about the trade deficit. That's the imbalance of exports v. Imports not the fiscal deficit of revenue v. Expenditures. For that he is proposing the penny plan and eliminating baseline budgeting. 1% non defense discretionary cuts annually. There's your small government solutions.

Glad to see someone else sees Trump's 45% tariff for what it is.  Even if it's someone who disagrees with me on pretty much everything.  Just going to shift the burden so that the middle and lower class pay more taxes, while the upper class gets off much easier.  Which will harm the economy, because people won't be able to buy as much when prices go up because of it.  But no, Trump's absolutely great for the economy.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Glad to see someone else sees Trump's 45% tariff for what it is. Even if it's someone who disagrees with me on pretty much everything. Just going to shift the burden so that the middle and lower class pay more taxes, while the upper class gets off much easier. Which will harm the economy, because people won't be able to buy as much when prices go up because of it. But no, Trump's absolutely great for the economy.

Epic fail

Quote:Epic fail

Yes, Trump's policies are an epic fail.

(This post was last modified: 10-10-2016, 01:02 PM by jj82284.)

Your misunderstanding of them is evident.

Your misuse of the the word "you're" is apparent. 

this doctor guy has never made that mistake before. he's perfect.

Quote:You're miss understanding of them is evident.

He said some really terrible things about miss understanding.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:1.) its only a sixth or so.

2.) you still haven't addressed the fact that China tariffs our goods, administratively bars them subsidizes their domestic production , and steals our intellectual property.

Understood and how has that effected the quality of life, and cost of living for Chinese citizens? Pretty poorly right? So why the hell do we advocate doing it here? We shouldn't there's better options

Quote:My point is thats false. That would be using tariffs universally to achieve price equilibrium, that's not what he's advocating. He's advocating tariffs as a putative measure against countries that violate trade agreements or use unfair trade practices.

That's just not accurate. China Mexico and other countries do impose massive tariffs and duties on our goods. That's a natural imbalance created by sovereign nations not market forces. Those walls have to be brought down. We can't trade into countries that impose protectionist policies against our producers.

He's talking about the trade deficit. That's the imbalance of exports v. Imports not the fiscal deficit of revenue v. Expenditures. For that he is proposing the penny plan and eliminating baseline budgeting. 1% non defense discretionary cuts annually. There's your small government solutions.

China Mexico and Korea so which country of any significance that we import goods is not facing a monumental tax hike? You want me to cheer because he won't tax Canadian good's lol?

With all respect think about what you are saying.  If someone builds a factory in China, they have unfettered access to both their markets, and our markets.  IF they uild their factory in this country then they face unfettered access to our market, but they face a tarriff wall, currency manipulation wall, administrative wall, and subsidy wall from china.  You can't have that kind of imbalance persist.  There has to be steps taking to ensure that the goods that we make are treated the same way that we treat goods coming into this country.  Intelectual property is just common sense.  we can cut the corporate tax rate to Zero, but if we invest billions of dollars in RD and all someone in china has to do is plop off the back of a flat screen or open up a laptop and take that proprietary knowledge then what's the point! 

I am a free market guy, i have faith in the People of this country and our entrepeneurial spirit.  That belief is not, however, a suicide pact with the rest of the world to let them keep taking advantage of this country without consequences! 

As far as competitiveness he is loweirng the corporate tax rate, BIG LEAGUE from 35 to 15%, he is capping and reviewing our entire regulatory structure, he is advocating a 1% reduction in non defense discretionary spending and thinks that we can go much further without reducing service to key constituencies.  He also thinks that we can go much further than that.  Reducing the size of government will make our more competative tax structure sustainable over the long run.  He's also going to lower the repatriation of funds rate so that companies holding liquid assets overseas can bring that money back to this country to invest in private sector expansion.  This will increase the amount of capital in domestic markets without increasing the global money supply through quantative easing and have a positive affect on the treasury instead of the negative affect of fiscal spending.  Further, the reinvestment will affirm profits generated in the open market not pick winners and losers from the bowels of the appropriations comittee. 

That would be the most conservative approach to global competitiveness possibly even more conservative than reagan.  Are we really going to concede the election to the dreamboat in a pants suit because we have a legitimate disagreement about prosecuting trade partners vs. punative tariffs when the altrenative is the disolution of american sovereignty as we know it in favor of a North American Union style trading system that will cede our legislative authority to a central body that doesn't believe in federalism limited government or the ideals we both cherish?

Quote:With all respect think about what you are saying.  If someone builds a factory in China, they have unfettered access to both their markets, and our markets.  IF they uild their factory in this country then they face unfettered access to our market, but they face a tarriff wall, currency manipulation wall, administrative wall, and subsidy wall from china.  You can't have that kind of imbalance persist.  There has to be steps taking to ensure that the goods that we make are treated the same way that we treat goods coming into this country.  Intelectual property is just common sense.  we can cut the corporate tax rate to Zero, but if we invest billions of dollars in RD and all someone in china has to do is plop off the back of a flat screen or open up a laptop and take that proprietary knowledge then what's the point! 

I am a free market guy, i have faith in the People of this country and our entrepeneurial spirit.  That belief is not, however, a suicide pact with the rest of the world to let them keep taking advantage of this country without consequences! 

As far as competitiveness he is loweirng the corporate tax rate, BIG LEAGUE from 35 to 15%, he is capping and reviewing our entire regulatory structure, he is advocating a 1% reduction in non defense discretionary spending and thinks that we can go much further without reducing service to key constituencies.  He also thinks that we can go much further than that.  Reducing the size of government will make our more competative tax structure sustainable over the long run.  He's also going to lower the repatriation of funds rate so that companies holding liquid assets overseas can bring that money back to this country to invest in private sector expansion.  This will increase the amount of capital in domestic markets without increasing the global money supply through quantative easing and have a positive affect on the treasury instead of the negative affect of fiscal spending.  Further, the reinvestment will affirm profits generated in the open market not pick winners and losers from the bowels of the appropriations comittee. 

That would be the most conservative approach to global competitiveness possibly even more conservative than reagan.  Are we really going to concede the election to the dreamboat in a pants suit because we have a legitimate disagreement about prosecuting trade partners vs. punative tariffs when the altrenative is the disolution of american sovereignty as we know it in favor of a North American Union style trading system that will cede our legislative authority to a central body that doesn't believe in federalism limited government or the ideals we both cherish?

stop just stop with the if we let ____ win it's the end of America and the establishment of the North American Union and or Communist America, that hyperbole has been used by the GOP for a decade now its old and it doesn't work.

You want me to support the GOP candidate then damn it they better run someone that is a free market champion and ready to roll government back. Trump is not that so no I won't support him, yes Hilary will probably win because there's a lot just like me out there, and no it won't be the end of America it'll just be another 4 miserable years but hell we've had 16 so what's another 4!?

Back to your topic points:

If someone builds a factory here we should offer them the lowest if not net zero tax rates to instinctive them building their products here. We should offer them a robust working class that isn't suffocating under mountains of taxes, we should offer them unfettered access to the wealthiest population in the world. If someone in China is building something and wants to sell it here we should offer them the same damn thing and if we tax their goods when they are purchased who gives a flying flip where the damn thing's put together anyway. But telling ME to pay a TAX on imported goods because Trump doesn't like the way they do business in China (never mind he's been doing business in China and making billions off it for decades) screw that. 

China has adopted the idiocy that Trump is purporting here, we already manipulate currency ( I don't think I have to spell that out to anyone here), we already have socialized most of the private sector, we already tax the living [BLEEP] out of everything, and the "conservative" option is now telling me we need to establish MORE taxes to fight unfair practices abroad!? I can't believe people are buying this!!! If you add a tax on imported goods you'll see a monumental increase in the cost of living at a time when the working class is barely holding it together. I'm not ready for a 45% increase on everything are you? 

Yes, if that's what a level playing field and fair market look like. It will only be for as long as it takes to force the foreigners to change their business habits. Doing anything else is self destructive lunacy.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:stop just stop with the if we let ____ win it's the end of America and the establishment of the North American Union and or Communist America, that hyperbole has been used by the GOP for a decade now its old and it doesn't work.

You want me to support the GOP candidate then damn it they better run someone that is a free market champion and ready to roll government back. Trump is not that so no I won't support him, yes Hilary will probably win because there's a lot just like me out there, and no it won't be the end of America it'll just be another 4 miserable years but hell we've had 16 so what's another 4!?

Back to your topic points:

If someone builds a factory here we should offer them the lowest if not net zero tax rates to instinctive them building their products here. We should offer them a robust working class that isn't suffocating under mountains of taxes, we should offer them unfettered access to the wealthiest population in the world. If someone in China is building something and wants to sell it here we should offer them the same damn thing and if we tax their goods when they are purchased who gives a flying flip where the damn thing's put together anyway. But telling ME to pay a TAX on imported goods because Trump doesn't like the way they do business in China (never mind he's been doing business in China and making billions off it for decades) screw that. 

China has adopted the idiocy that Trump is purporting here, we already manipulate currency ( I don't think I have to spell that out to anyone here), we already have socialized most of the private sector, we already tax the living [BAD WORD REMOVED] out of everything, and the "conservative" option is now telling me we need to establish MORE taxes to fight unfair practices abroad!? I can't believe people are buying this!!! If you add a tax on imported goods you'll see a monumental increase in the cost of living at a time when the working class is barely holding it together. I'm not ready for a 45% increase on everything are you? 

Lowering corporate tax rates: Check.  Lowering income tax rates?  Check!  Cutting regulations?  Check!  Cutting back regulations?  Check.  Rolling back government?  Check, sending education back to the states, 1% annual cuts until we are brought back into balance and already talked about regulatory reform!  Everything we both want.  Lowering the repatriation rate?  Check! 

We are having a conversation about a potential tax on a countries imports we both agree is screwing us?  Really?  Is the 800 billion dollars we loose on annual trade that important to the economy?  That's the definition of conservatism now a days "We have to make a suicide pact not to enforce any standards on our trading partners otherwise you are a big government loon?" 

Instead of a threat of a tariff to bring China back into compliance you are going to go with higher corporate taxes, higher income taxes, more regulations, more than likely a universal tax on energy, unfettered immigration and foreign companies dumping as much product as they want here.

That must be some bunker...