Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Trump $916 million loss on tax return

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 06:43 PM by pirkster.)

Quote:You want to know why we have a crumbling infrastructure? You wanna know why our vets don't get the type of support and benefits they deserve?

Its because the wealthy and corporations have removed themselves from paying their fair share into the country that provides them all the opportunities to be successful. The NOL 20 year carryforward is just one of many ways they have removed themselves from the activity of contributing to the nation. As they pay less and less, the burden falls on us workers.

Nope.

It's because so few are in the workplace any longer.

Put people back to work, and the tax rolls soar.

History would tell you that, if you weren't someone so opposed to the truth about history.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:​This is just so sad its a shame.  The Federal government, over the term of this presidency, has borrowed nearly 10 trillion dollars.  10 trillion.  Sit here look me in my face and tell me that you see 10 trillion dollars worth of improvement.  Public sector unions get their money.  Special interests and big banks get their money.  Solyndra got their money.  Where were the Shovel ready jobs, where is the utopia? 

As a share of GDP we now spend more than CANADA through the various levels of government.  Raising taxes and forcing industry overseas is the answer?  How'd that work out for the working people of Detroit and Flynt?  Just saying...

Feelgoodism doesn't run a country. 

1.  So you don't like deficits?  What do you think of trump's policies that would increase them exponentially?

2.  Also, it's a tough thing to understand, so I guess I don't blame you too much...  But let me try to explain it to you.  If the rich are not paying taxes, not only do deficits increase.  But almost more importantly, the burden falls on the workers to try and sustain the services that are being provided to the society by the government.  Basically, the rich - those that reap the most fruit from the greatest country in the world are paying less into the society that gives them such great freedoms and opportunities, not to mention protects thier wealth.  It falls on us workers to make up for that lost tax revenue.  And when that cannot happen, deficits and austerity occurs.

I know it's complicated, and it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, so it can be lost on people that just like slogans.  But if we're gonna talk about politics, sometimes you have to think a bit deeper than, "lock her up", or "solyndra"...  

He doesn't respect McCain because he was a POW, but he's supposed to be respected as a businessman and he lost almost a billion dollars.
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 07:25 PM by lastonealive.)

Quote:Perhaps you don't know the difference between income tax and capital gains tax.
Haha i'm an accountant who has dealt with both.

I paid both last financial year too, which probably makes me better than trump.

Would you like to explain your statement?

Quote:And then Trump complains that the airports are 3rd world compared to the Arab states. You couldn't make it up.

But hey lets vote to punch ourselves in the face.

what do you mean 'lets'?

why are you here? you didn't respond to one point i made and just kept going on about the same [BLEEP] like a broken record

Quote:what do you mean 'lets'?

why are you here? you didn't respond to one point i made and just kept going on about the same [BAD WORD REMOVED] like a broken record

Because your points were a bit pointless. Is Trump going to tear up trade agreements? Obviously richer people on average should pay more tax. But poorer people pay a much larger share of their income in taxes when you factor in sales taxes.

Trump has been buying Chinese Steel rather than American. I'm guessing because he is "Smart".

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 07:57 PM by badger.)

Quote:Because your points were a bit pointless. Is Trump going to tear up trade agreements? Obviously richer people on average should pay more tax. But poorer people pay a much larger share of their income in taxes when you factor in sales taxes.

Trump has been buying Chinese Steel rather than American. I'm guessing because he is "Smart".

Sales taxes go to the state... Trump obviously would have paid that and Real Estate taxes to the tune of millions

So no, the vast majority of taxes is paid by those making over 6 figures no matter what taxes you talk about.

he's operating his own business as he would see fit and make it most profitable. he's not in it for charity.  even if he was buying American only and was perfect his whole life, it wouldn't matter. you guys would still find something, like something he said in 1964 that might sound racist making him unfit for office.

he's for doing the tariff remember? for anything China? unless he's completely full of it, sure it's possible, then his entire campaign is running on a lie and he would be out in 4 years.  the guy hired the guy who made the documentary about China taking all our jobs. if he;s just for more China production, that makes no sense.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 07:58 PM by badger.)

I want to change this country too and bring production back to this country so everyday Americans have jobs.  that doesn't mean ive never shopped at Wal-Mart.

I'm trying to help you from punching yourself in the face. I'm not the bad guy. I can guarantee you poorer people pay a larger percentage of tax in total. For obvious reasons not as much total tax in monetary value.

Quote:I want to change this country too and bring production back to this country so everyday Americans have jobs. that doesn't mean ive never shopped at Wal-Mart.

Still looking for someone not associated with the Trump campaign that says Trump's economic plan will create jobs. The first fifteen articles I have read tell a different story.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:05 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:I want to change this country too and bring production back to this country so everyday Americans have jobs.  that doesn't mean ive never shopped at Wal-Mart.

A lower tax rate for companies like Wal-Mart won't bring jobs back to the USA, just wanted to point that out.

Quote:A lower tax rate for companies like Wal-Mart won't bring jobs back to the USA, just wanted to point that out.

Walmart are a successful example of trickle down economics. The wages are rubbish and the family at the top are hoarding incredible wealth. Now free up some of that wealth at the top and the country would be better off.

Maybe it should be renamed piss down economics.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:21 PM by Kotite.)

Don't forget Wal-Mart costs taxpayers.

Quote:1.  So you don't like deficits?  What do you think of trump's policies that would increase them exponentially?

2.  Also, it's a tough thing to understand, so I guess I don't blame you too much...  But let me try to explain it to you.  If the rich are not paying taxes, not only do deficits increase.  But almost more importantly, the burden falls on the workers to try and sustain the services that are being provided to the society by the government.  Basically, the rich - those that reap the most fruit from the greatest country in the world are paying less into the society that gives them such great freedoms and opportunities, not to mention protects thier wealth.  It falls on us workers to make up for that lost tax revenue.  And when that cannot happen, deficits and austerity occurs.

I know it's complicated, and it doesn't fit on a bumper sticker, so it can be lost on people that just like slogans.  But if we're gonna talk about politics, sometimes you have to think a bit deeper than, "lock her up", or "solyndra"...  

I wasn't complaining about the deficit in and of itself.  I was complaining about the lack of production with the capital that the federal bureaucracy consumed.  For the purposes of this conversation whether a dollar consumed by the feds is borrowed or taken out of the private sector doesn't matter, (ill get to that in a second).  What I'm saying is that the government had enough money.  They will have spent nearly thirty trillion dollars all total in the time that Obama left office.  nearly 900 billion dollars was specifically part of a stimulus package.  Where has that thirty trillion dollars gone?  Where is this post racial egalitarian utopia that we are promised by having the government consume larger and larger parts of our GDP?  The money was wasted, plain and simple. 

As for deficit spending vs. tax increases the answer is neither.  As we just demonstrated in section 1, the federal government is remarkably inefficient at actually producing or stimulating the production of goods and services.  If the government is just going to waste the money it consumes, more often than not, how does it make ANY SENSE to deplete the capital markets that you are trying to stimulate through higher taxes?  It doesn't make any sense. 

We spend 900 billion dollars on shovel ready projects and you have the most powerful man in the world laughing about "I guess they weren't so shovel ready"  We spend trillions of dollars taking over 1/6th of the economy.  We're promised a savings of 2500 dollars per family, we have an increase of 4400 per family, people loose their doctors, loose their plans.  We start 27 co-ops to provide health care, and 23 of them have gone or are going out of business.  We are told that the waters will recede the ice will refreeze etc. etc.  We spend the hundreds of billions of dollars on GREEN PROJECTS (that have helped dramatically hinder the economy of spain) but you still have to use fossil fuels to lift a 747 and there is nothing close to viable to replace our current energy production. 

Moreover, while you are lamenting a FAIR SHARE, if a person or an entity doesn't generate income in a given year then an INCOME TAX isn't going to obligate them to anything.  Progressives have been touting INCOME TAXES as a means to a post inequality society for a century now.  We have had rates of 1% all the way up to 91%  We have the economic stagnation, we have the loss of jobs to more tax friendly climates.  We have the progressive nature of the income tax (charts have already been provided in the thread) but we still don't have anything resembling the Bernie Sanders Utopia that you guys keep talking about. 

Private Capital investment is the key to prosperity in any economy PERIOD.  An economy that works for everyone has to be an economy that works. 

Quote:I'm trying to help you from punching yourself in the face. I'm not the bad guy. I can guarantee you poorer people pay a larger percentage of tax in total. For obvious reasons not as much total tax in monetary value.

haha, no they dont and its not even close. i dont make 6 figures. i wish i did. i believe i will be in 5-10 years. that's not how it works in this country.

unless by "poorer" you mean 100k through 250k earners... that aint poor. that's well off in Florida.

Quote:A lower tax rate for companies like Wal-Mart won't bring jobs back to the USA, just wanted to point that out.

it does if you tax them 35% for bringing in foreign produced products

Quote:Bingo. Its the classic gop scam. Underfund something so it works terribly, or no longer works at all--- and then say, "See!! Government doesn't work at all, lets privatize it!"

And this is the classic liberal line of bull [BLEEP]. 4.2 TRILLION [BLEEP] dollar a year isn't enough for you people. Whatever anyone else has should be the government's because only they can do what's best for you. What a load of [BLEEP].

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Underfunded my [BLEEP]. The government isn't GOOD at this [BLEEP] and you people always want more more more. How much do you need? More. Always and forver you cannot be satiated in your outright need for more. Pathetic.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:32 PM by badger.)

Quote:Walmart are a successful example of trickle down economics. The wages are rubbish and the family at the top are hoarding incredible wealth. Now free up some of that wealth at the top and the country would be better off.

Maybe it should be renamed [BAD WORD REMOVED] down economics.

it;s true that trickle down economics dont work when the owners at the top of a business can hoard wealth and investments they make for products are out of the country.  if Wal-mart was not able to buy products made on the backs of slaves in foreign lands for no additional cost, they would probably be buying more American products, thus creating more jobs here to create those products. "wealth trickling down"

the problem is trade agreements making it more than easy to pay slave wages, import the products, and under cut the competition and market. it's been a long process that's finally reaching it's bitter end where too many people are jobless and living off food stamps.

TPP alone is reason to vote for Trump.  if he turns around and approves it i will become his biggest hater.

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2016, 08:36 PM by badger.)

Quote:And this is the classic liberal line of bull [BAD WORD REMOVED]. 4.2 TRILLION [BAD WORD REMOVED] dollar a year isn't enough for you people. Whatever anyone else has should be the government's because only they can do what's best for you. What a load of [BAD WORD REMOVED].

it is my understanding that total federal tax revenue is around 27 trillion yearly, and its designed to stay consistent.

edit: nevermind. i dont know why i had the 27 trillion number in my head. you are closer