Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Kamala Harris

(08-11-2020, 11:29 PM)lastonealive Wrote: People are still pro death penalty?

Wowsers

I'm sure you would feel differently if someone murdered a loved one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 06:57 AM by mikesez.)

(08-12-2020, 06:25 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 06:14 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: No, I'm not a previously banned poster. You got that wrong just like your opinions on Trump. I almost feel sorry for Trump supporters since they are in for a long dry spell since this imbecile will not only lose in November but also cause the Republicans to lose control of the Senate. I also predict that many of Trump's biggest supporters in the Senate, House and in gubernatorial positions will try to distance themselves from Trump after he loses in November. DeSantis is at the top of this list of cowards.

I'll take special exception to this one.  6 months, a year maybe, we are going to look back on the real damage this virus and lockdown policy did to the economic infrastructure of this country.  States like NY, NJ, MI, CA, CONN, MASS etc. are all going to have recoveries that will take years with the carnage that took place with small businesses, disrupted supply chains, etc.  Florida is going to be largely exempt from that.  And that's in the face of inordinate political pressure to force everyone in the state @ gunpoint to hide under their beds.  Don't EVER call Ron Desantis a coward.  You can disagree with his policies, you can say a lot of things about him, but coward aint one of em.

Any Republican who was a politician before 2015 and sings along with Trump's greatest hits like "Russia hoax" and "build the wall" is a coward.  As Stuart Stevens said, courage is when you keep walking out of the boat and onto the beach, even though the guy in front of you just got shot. Cowardice is when you fail to do the right thing, in the name of preserving your life or your career.  This doesn't feel good for me to say. Honestly, I voted for Rubio and I voted for DeSantis. But they're both cowards. I won't deny it.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(08-12-2020, 06:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Wowsers

I'm sure he already knew that but is throwing out his usual hackneyed one-liner attempting to be provocative.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 07:04 AM by mikesez.)

(08-12-2020, 06:52 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 06:25 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I'll take special exception to this one.  6 months, a year maybe, we are going to look back on the real damage this virus and lockdown policy did to the economic infrastructure of this country.  States like NY, NJ, MI, CA, CONN, MASS etc. are all going to have recoveries that will take years with the carnage that took place with small businesses, disrupted supply chains, etc.  Florida is going to be largely exempt from that.  And that's in the face of inordinate political pressure to force everyone in the state @ gunpoint to hide under their beds.  Don't EVER call Ron Desantis a coward.  You can disagree with his policies, you can say a lot of things about him, but coward aint one of em.

They'll never recover from what work from home has introduced. Many of the high tax states held jobs as hostage in order to levy at exorbitant rates. Coupled with woke leadership, people are leaving in droves. I think what you'll see now is these states forwarding legislation to tax out-of-state residents if their center of business lies within a high tax state's boundaries.

anything that drives down housing prices on the West coast is a good thing for the whole country.

The West coast politicians might not like it, but, the rest of us should celebrate it.

Wowsers

Why would anyone oppose the death penalty?
I never understood the assumption that locking somebody up for life without the possibility of parole is somehow less cruel than simply killing them.

Granted, the judicial system can make mistakes, sometimes people are convicted who shouldn't be, but switching over to a system of life imprisonment doesn't solve that... Either way a person who is wrongfully convicted of murder ends up spending the rest of their life in prison. Whether they get two more years to live and then a lethal injection, or 30 more years to live, in a place where they don't get to choose what to wear, where to go or what to eat, it's the same.  What we need to reform, is how we prosecute people.  But the death penalty is just.

Joe Biden in defense of his pick: Kamala Harris is just as bright and just as talented as a white woman.

(08-12-2020, 07:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Joe Biden in defense of his pick: Kamala Harris is just as bright and just as talented as a white woman.

+0.5
Clever, but petty

(08-12-2020, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 06:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'm sure you would feel differently if someone murdered a loved one.

I'm sure he already knew that but is throwing out his usual hackneyed one-liner attempting to be provocative.

No I understand the want for revenge doesn't mean the state should be killing people. But I guess I'm not all for the big powerful state like you guys.

It's also clearly not a deterrent and they often get it wrong.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 07:48 AM by StroudCrowd1.)

(08-12-2020, 07:39 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 06:58 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: I'm sure he already knew that but is throwing out his usual hackneyed one-liner attempting to be provocative.

No I understand the want for revenge doesn't mean the state should be killing people. But I guess I'm not all for the big powerful state like you guys.

It's also clearly not a deterrent and they often get it wrong.

So you are for tax payer funded room, board, and meals to violent criminals for the rest of their lives versus the 0.04% chance of executing someone who may have been mistakenly prosecuted. Got it.

Also, there is a fine line between justice and revenge.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 08:29 AM by Jagwired.)

That woman is not black. She is bi-racial. It's like Kapernick thinking he represents the black community. She has zero in common with the average black voter in this country. She will do zero to motivate that sector of voters.

Hey folks help us bail out some criminals will you?

"Sen. Kamala Harris, who Joe Biden picked on Tuesday to be his running mate, promoted the bail fund group that several Biden staffers donated to during the protests that followed George Floyd's death, which since has posted bail for multiple alleged violent criminals, including an alleged murderer and a previously convicted rapist."

"A FOX 9 report from Monday revealed that the Minnesota Freedom Fund (MFF) in recent weeks has bailed out individuals including Darnika Floyd, who was charged with second-degree murder after allegedly stabbing a friend to death, and Christopher Boswell, who is facing charges of sexual assault and kidnapping. The group put up $100,000 on behalf of Floyd and $350,000 on behalf of Boswell."

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/status/...8128965643
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020, 08:26 AM by TrivialPursuit.)

(08-12-2020, 08:20 AM)Jagwired Wrote: That woman is not black. She is bi-racial. It's like Kapernick thinking he represents the black community. She has zero in common with the average black voter in this country. She will do zero to motivate that sector of voters.

Black people I know see right through it.

A racist picking someone he thinks represents black folks to try to prove he's not racist. "See.. I've got a black friend."

(08-12-2020, 06:54 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

Wowsers

Don't even care about eye for an eye or that stuff. If someone murdered my loved one I wouldn't rely on anyone else to fix that.

I care about the tax liability that "We the People" cover. Screw paying 20k+ a year to house and feed these criminals. One bullet in the back of the head. Done. Next.

It's like Tulsi was put on this earth to destroy Kamala the same way Chris Christie destroyed Marco.

Maybe Trump needs to kick Pence to the curb and grab Tulsi as his VP.

(08-12-2020, 08:40 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe Trump needs to kick Pence to the curb and grab Tulsi as his VP.

I'll tell you one thing. She is a lot easier on my eyes than Pence.

(08-12-2020, 07:30 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Joe Biden in defense of his pick: Kamala Harris is just as bright and just as talented as a white woman.

LOL.   Laughing

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Tulsi is more centrist than most.

(08-12-2020, 06:57 AM)mikesez Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 06:25 AM)jj82284 Wrote: I'll take special exception to this one.  6 months, a year maybe, we are going to look back on the real damage this virus and lockdown policy did to the economic infrastructure of this country.  States like NY, NJ, MI, CA, CONN, MASS etc. are all going to have recoveries that will take years with the carnage that took place with small businesses, disrupted supply chains, etc.  Florida is going to be largely exempt from that.  And that's in the face of inordinate political pressure to force everyone in the state @ gunpoint to hide under their beds.  Don't EVER call Ron Desantis a coward.  You can disagree with his policies, you can say a lot of things about him, but coward aint one of em.

Any Republican who was a politician before 2015 and sings along with Trump's greatest hits like "Russia hoax" and "build the wall" is a coward.  As Stuart Stevens said, courage is when you keep walking out of the boat and onto the beach, even though the guy in front of you just got shot. Cowardice is when you fail to do the right thing, in the name of preserving your life or your career.  This doesn't feel good for me to say. Honestly, I voted for Rubio and I voted for DeSantis. But they're both cowards. I won't deny it.

Have you been paying attention?  You used to be better than this.

Was he, though?

(08-12-2020, 09:10 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(08-12-2020, 06:57 AM)mikesez Wrote: Any Republican who was a politician before 2015 and sings along with Trump's greatest hits like "Russia hoax" and "build the wall" is a coward.  As Stuart Stevens said, courage is when you keep walking out of the boat and onto the beach, even though the guy in front of you just got shot. Cowardice is when you fail to do the right thing, in the name of preserving your life or your career.  This doesn't feel good for me to say. Honestly, I voted for Rubio and I voted for DeSantis. But they're both cowards. I won't deny it.

Have you been paying attention?  You used to be better than this.

Odd that Mike would call someone who used facts and data in their decision to open up their state a coward. I'm curious what he would consider courageous. Cuomo?

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Laura Ingraham needs to ease up on the lip treatments.