Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
[SERIOUS] Can everybody take a collective breath and step back from the edge of the Modus building?

Quote:It's tough to understand how the Vikings when with a qb the just traded for and we get blown out in San Diego with this talent.

That's what happens when your scheme calls for Poz to cover their fastest receiver. You have to understand what's wrong with that...
Absolutely.

That was a terribly designed coverage.

Awful, really.

Poz is good at many things, but covering the fastest man on the field when he already has a step on you is but one of them. Not even close.

However, I can't in good conscience use that as a reason to call for Gus's head.
We are Jaguars.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:All that roster turnover and talent added but one thing remains: a bad HC. And guess what? Still no wins with all that new and improved talent.
Good point.

We should write the NFL and demand an immediate response as to why they shortened the season to just two games.

It sucks that there are no more games to play and the season has already concluded.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:How did you ever build an insurance book so large with such paper thin skin?

I hired great sales people. Producers. Something the Jags haven't done with their head coaches. Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley aren't producers.

Quote:Absolutely.

Awful, really.

Poz is good at many things, but covering the fastest man on the field when he already has a step on you is but one of them. Not even close.

However, I can't in good conscience use that as a reason to call for Gus's head.

So calling bad plays and running a flawed scheme leading to a 12-38 record isn't reason to call for Gus' head? What does the guy have to do? Murder a cheerleader?
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I saw " to say fire Gus isn't really fair to him".

That's where I stopped reading. It's not about one game. It's his 12-38 record over 4 years. Still getting blown out by a really crappy team too.

No need for me to add my two cents. This ^ covered everything I was going to say.

Quote:Absolutely.

Awful, really.

Poz is good at many things.....

Dude you're on an island by yourself right now. Letting the season play out with Gus is such a bad job if this continues. If he can somehow win the next 2 games, then we can reevaluate but do you really think he's gonna win?

Bradley is a bad coach. Poz is a slow out of place MLB.

Quote:Good point.

We should write the NFL and demand an immediate response as to why they shortened the season to just two games.

It sucks that there are no more games to play and the season has already concluded.
2 games? Hahaha try 50 ya loser.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:37 PM by Jerrad.)

Is Molter actually Gus Bradley? I can't think of any other explanation.

Hey Molter, you suck as a coach. Resign now so we can enjoy our team ya bald dick bag.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Gus gets a pass his first two years. Since then he's 5-13, with last year's record against the weakest array of QBs he'd ever have the chance to face.

But if you want to forget the W-L record, although it's abysmal, then go watch the three plays from last year's first Houston game starting at 6:15 left in the 3rd quarter. That alone is enough to fire any coach, and it was just the most glaring example of a season of poor decisions.

Firing him now will probably not improve the team much. But it sends a message to the faithful fans that winning matters. Not firing him sends the opposite message.
You bring up good points.

Legitimately.

I guess my one question would be how would firing him at the end of the season not give the AWESOME fans, (and we truly have the best fan base in the league) that winning matters and losing will not be tolerated?

Actually, I think that him giving him the rest of the season and firing him then if he had a bad record will actually help our quest in hiring the next great head coach because he we'll see that Khan is a man of his word when he said he will give him the time he needs to make us a contender.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:Yeah stopped reading after I saw Gus doesn't deserve to be fired. Plus wayyyyyy too long. Season looked pretty alright after the GB game, but then I feel that GB is just overrated at this point. We seriously played the worst football we've played in quite awhile against SD. No more chances, get someone else in now because at least they'd be trying something different while losing instead of continuing the same thing while losing.
I agree.

Wayyyyyy too long.

We should stick with 142 character limits in all written discussions.

You can definitely create more stimulating and detailed conversation that way.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:The days of taking a step back and breathing are over. Grab a pitchfork? Naaa.. Give me a damn slingblade and some biscuits and mustard..

Lol
We are Jaguars.

Quote:Is Molter actually Gus Bradley? I can't think of any other explanation.

Hey Molter, you suck as a coach. Resign now so we can enjoy our team ya bald [BAD WORD REMOVED] bag.
Learning experience man! You know man, in San Diego that was tough man. But I saw some good things man. I saw us get punched in the mouth man, but you gotta love our fight man. We had that will man. I liked what I saw as far as energy from Poz on those drag routes man. Just gotta watch the tape and figure it out man, and demonstrate that Jag-ywire spirit man. 

Quote:I hired great sales people. Producers. Something the Jags haven't done with their head coaches. Mike Mularkey and Gus Bradley aren't producers.
Makes sense.

You don't seem to be the you're to be able to go out and make things happen on your own.

You need titanium skin to make it big in the world of sales.
We are Jaguars.

Quote:Nope! I'd love to discuss any counterpoints to the content I posted though.

If you want people to read what you write:

1. Put spaces between the paragraphs.

2. Try to group similar thoughts together into one paragraph. You shouldn't need to make so many one-sentence paragraphs.

3. Don't open your post with a ridiculous statement. There may be some valid arguments to keeping Gus, but firing the coach with the worst record in modern NFL history is in no way unfair.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:So calling bad plays and running a flawed scheme leading to a 12-38 record isn't reason to call for Gus' head? What does the guy have to do? Murder a cheerleader?
Flawed scheme.

Are you referring to offense or defense, and what do you mean by flawed?

(Not saying there isn't glass in either scheme, just trying to better understand your point so that I may address it properly.)
We are Jaguars.

Quote:Flawed scheme.

(Not saying there isn't glass in either scheme, just trying to better understand your point so that I may address it properly.)
The defensive scheme that hasn't gotten better since Gus got here. Gus has his fingerprints all over the defense and it continues to get shredded.

Quote:Is Molter actually Gus Bradley? I can't think of any other explanation.

He's Mularkey and wants Bradley to be coach in their two games this season?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Flawed scheme.

Some day Poz and Skuta will make a play on those drag routes right? Some day... 

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2016, 01:50 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

Ok ... Molter ... I'll counter your lot's of words with my lot's of words.

[Image: end_of_the_world_as_we_know_it_by_rlopez10.png]

Quote:The defensive scheme that hasn't gotten better since Gus got here. Gus has his fingerprints all over the defense and it continues to get shredded.
Defense had not been good. I agree.

For most if the time he's been here, we haven't had good which players to run the scheme properly.

This is true.

Now, we really do have good enough players to run the scheme, but they haven't played together long enough to gel and play as a dominant, cohesive unit.

Please do not misunderstand me.

I'm not saying that we're really good, or even that we're going to be really good.

I'm saying that based on the 2016 roster, I don't believe that we have had enough time to draw accurate conclusions on what they are.
We are Jaguars.