Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A stat some may find interesting in regards to Walker v Hutch

(05-05-2022, 12:34 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 08:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Yeah the explosiveness is what really caught my eye. Dude has some incredible twitch for 270.

I'm done hyperventilating. I think his floor is much higher than I anticipated. He won't be a bust. 

I hope to see Lloyd lined up outside a lot this season to minimize Chaisson and get Muma on the field more. Cisco needs to be starting, too. The young guns need to play.

Yeah definitely unlikely to be a bust. Will he live up to his draft position? Maybe not but I've always thought draft position a couple years later was mostly a fan thing anyway.

I do think Caldwell will exploit his abilities in a way Georgia never did.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(05-05-2022, 02:03 PM)MarleyJag Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 12:34 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I'm done hyperventilating. I think his floor is much higher than I anticipated. He won't be a bust. 

I hope to see Lloyd lined up outside a lot this season to minimize Chaisson and get Muma on the field more. Cisco needs to be starting, too. The young guns need to play.

Yeah definitely unlikely to be a bust. Will he live up to his draft position? Maybe not but I've always thought draft position a couple years later was mostly a fan thing anyway.

I do think Caldwell will exploit his abilities in a way Georgia never did.

Agreed.  When you pick in the top 1 to 5 of the draft your looking for players with something special you can't either get or develop later. Once the players are  identified they must have the discipline and will to exploit it. Unfortunately, this year there were few candidates.  Fortunately for us despite all our second guessing they may have picked the right one. We will see.

ps. am glad you stopped hyperventilating.  I was gonna post the below link as a public service for the rest.

https://www.amazon.com/AJM-Brown-Paper-L...r=8-3&th=1
A new broom always sweeps clean.

(05-05-2022, 12:55 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: 1st overall pick.

Not 10th, not 2nd, not 5th

1st overall. If he's not utterly dominating LTs consistently he's a bust.

@so you think the top pick in the darft should average fewer than a sack a game? weak.@

(05-05-2022, 12:34 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 08:33 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: Yeah the explosiveness is what really caught my eye. Dude has some incredible twitch for 270.

I'm done hyperventilating. I think his floor is much higher than I anticipated. He won't be a bust. 

I’m not sure Chaisson makes the team. If he does, he may get more special teams snaps than defensive ones. But who knows? New staff could unlock him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Fix the O-Line!

1st overall. Ifhe's not utterly dominating LTs consistently he's a bust. 

LMAO at this. We didn't draft him to dominate LTs consistently. Nobody dominates consistently. He was drafted to rush the passer, seal the edge and drop back into pass coverage when needed.

NH3...
"AZANE"

(05-05-2022, 05:24 PM)NH3 Wrote:

1st overall. Ifhe's not utterly dominating LTs consistently he's a bust. 

LMAO at this. We didn't draft him to dominate LTs consistently. Nobody dominates consistently. He was drafted to rush the passer, seal the edge and drop back into pass coverage when needed.

NH3...
No. They drafted him to kick [BLEEP] and chew bubble gum. It's Lawrence Taylor level or BUST!!!

All B.S aside. I'll take 7.5 sacks, 12+ TFL's, a sneaky pick or two and a fumble scoop for a TD out of him as a rookie.

I think it's reasonable considering his background at Georgia and where he was selected.

I think they're hoping he's DeMarcus Ware, Von Miller or Aldon Smith off the edge at OLB in a predominately 3 - 4 scheme though. Has to work on his pass rush moves to reach that level.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 08:04 PM by mikesez.)

(05-03-2022, 07:25 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: 1,891 snaps at DE for Hutchinson in his time at Michigan. 17.5 sacks, 27.5 TFL in 4 seasons. 

"Walker played 200 snaps as a backup in 2020, per Pro Football Focus. He had 37 of his career 65 college tackles last season. As a junior, he played 381 snaps at defensive end, 105 at defensive tackle, 98 at linebacker, 11 at nose guard and one as a cornerback, according to the NFL Network."

Can't find his snap count as a freshman for whatever reason, but based on the stats above it's pretty safe to assume he's played close to half as much football as Aidan Hutchinson, And on top of that he was not rushing the passer 100% of the time like Aidan was.

Yet, 17.5 sacks in nearly 2,000 snaps is "production" whilst 9.5 in what I would assume to be somewhere in the range of 500-700 snaps of rushing the passer, presumably less than that even looking at how Georgia played defense is considered "not producing"

It took Aidan Hutchinson 22 games to get 3.5 sacks as a pure pass rushing DE. It took Travon 29 games to get 9.5, whilst being a backup in each of his first two seasons and only just this year being a starter whilst also not rushing the passer 100% of the time. 

Hutchinson had one good year stats wise, How is this a sure fire pick? I think we made the correct choice here.

I'm not inclined to worry about him changing position so much.  I'm sure Hutchinson wasn't lined up with one hand down on the edge of the defense every time.

Instead, think of it as a batting average.
Hutchinson got about 0.9 sacks for every 100 snaps.
Walker got 1.6 sacks for every 100 snaps.
If those numbers are right.

I don't think we should compare him to DeMarcus Ware or Von Miller just because he was drafted #1 overall. Just compare him to the other guys drafted in 2022. If one of those guys turns out to clearly be better, that sucks, fire Baalke. If not, we did well, even if he's not a Von Miller clone. Von Miller wasn't available in the 2022 draft.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I'd be happy with 5 or 6 sacks and a few head turning plays vs the run as a rookie if his presence allows others (josh allen) to go beast mode at times.

They can't account for all of em all the time.

(05-05-2022, 05:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 12:34 PM)TheDogCatcher Wrote: I'm done hyperventilating. I think his floor is much higher than I anticipated. He won't be a bust. 

I’m not sure Chaisson makes the team. If he does, he may get more special teams snaps than defensive ones. But who knows? New staff could unlock him.

How it normally plays out is, soon as you declare them a bust and draft their replacement, they suddenly give you a decision to make.

Chaisson going to be the big sack guy this year and put us in a tough spot. Because I don't think you pay 3 edge rushers! Unless they then turn Walker into Calais Campbell and make him a 34 DE. But it would be a nice problem to have lol.

(05-09-2022, 08:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 05:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I’m not sure Chaisson makes the team. If he does, he may get more special teams snaps than defensive ones. But who knows? New staff could unlock him.

How it normally plays out is, soon as you declare them a bust and draft their replacement, they suddenly give you a decision to make.

Chaisson going to be the big sack guy this year and put us in a tough spot. Because I don't think you pay 3 edge rushers! Unless they then turn Walker into Calais Campbell and make him a 34 DE. But it would be a nice problem to have lol.

Would love to see Chaisson become something, but I just don't see it. I didn't see him as a first round talent coming out of the draft, wasn't really surprised how bad he's been. Still depressed that we could have had Wirfs and Justin Jefferson.. the picks I wanted as the draft was playing out.

(05-09-2022, 08:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote:
(05-05-2022, 05:12 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: I’m not sure Chaisson makes the team. If he does, he may get more special teams snaps than defensive ones. But who knows? New staff could unlock him.

That would be best case scenario.
If Chaisson plays like crazy we have a chance to convince someone to give us a decent pick to exchange for a guy we likely won't have room or desire to keep around. He'll be super cheap his fourth year (~2M guaranteed) so the trading team would be getting a great cap savings, too, should he finally begin producing.

(05-10-2022, 04:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote:
(05-09-2022, 08:37 PM)Mandeezee Wrote: How it normally plays out is, soon as you declare them a bust and draft their replacement, they suddenly give you a decision to make.

Would love to see Chaisson become something, but I just don't see it. I didn't see him as a first round talent coming out of the draft, wasn't really surprised how bad he's been. Still depressed that we could have had Wirfs and Justin Jefferson.. the picks I wanted as the draft was playing out.

Like he said... if they allow Walker to play a 3-4 DE, Chaisson could get free to the QB as an OLB on Walkers side. Maybe.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2022, 09:56 AM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 1 time in total.)

(05-10-2022, 09:29 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 04:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Would love to see Chaisson become something, but I just don't see it. I didn't see him as a first round talent coming out of the draft, wasn't really surprised how bad he's been. Still depressed that we could have had Wirfs and Justin Jefferson.. the picks I wanted as the draft was playing out.

Like he said... if they allow Walker to play a 3-4 DE, Chaisson could get free to the QB as an OLB on Walkers side. Maybe.

I heard on the radio, the DC planned to use Travon as a LB which gives us the ability to blitz from any of the LB positions (think of the Ravens style of D where QBs didn't know where the blitz was coming from).  Anyway, if that is indeed the case, then I think they may have him plugged into the right position.  I just cannot see him as a DE.  Otherwise they would have drafted Hutch.  With Travon we get versatility --- not sure if that's good or not because tweaners rarely work but it's worth a shot.

(05-10-2022, 09:29 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(05-10-2022, 04:33 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: Would love to see Chaisson become something, but I just don't see it. I didn't see him as a first round talent coming out of the draft, wasn't really surprised how bad he's been. Still depressed that we could have had Wirfs and Justin Jefferson.. the picks I wanted as the draft was playing out.

I would not recommend scheming anything for Chaisson at this point. He has definitely not earned that opportunity.