Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Biden says Second Amendment is 'not absolute'

(06-06-2022, 08:32 PM)Sneakers Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 11:32 AM)mikesez Wrote: Soldiers might play the odds and self sacrifice like that, but burglars don't.  Rack that thing once and all three start running.  Get a shot off at one of them, the other two won't hang around to find out who's next.

If you want to learn something about guns, try shooting a few, rather than just watching a movie and believing what you see is real.  

1)  There isn't a 2-shot, pump shotgun made on this planet.
2)  You chamber a round before the encounter begins.  It's cheaper than a life insurance policy and much more effective.
3)  A fleeing burglar no longer poses an immediate threat to your safety.  Shoot one who is running away and you'll be the one who ends up in jail.

You're so gross.  Responding to things I didn't say.
If it's the type that makes the distinct sound when you load the chamber, that sound is a great warning.  If it's not, just brandishing the thing might be warning enough.  If not, you might have to shoot.  But only if they're not running yet.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(06-06-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 02:39 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I think you're wrong because overpreparation in self defense is better than under preparation. Hoping that a group of assailants will run from your single shot or two shell shotgun is not a strategy, it's naiveté.

Some people are always going to prepare as much as it is legally possible to prepare.  That's fine.  But this is a discussion of what should be legally possible.  If more was legally possible, you'd do more.  If less, less.

No, it's a discussion about how you pontificate on things about which you have little knowledge. What I do to prepare is irrespective of what some politician says, and if xhe doesn't like it xhe can come try to stop me.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-06-2022, 05:33 PM)The Drifter Wrote: [Image: preyarmed.jpg]

Not if it's a honey badger. He don't give a [BLEEP]. At 2:35 he starts eating a cobra that bit him. Lol

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

(06-07-2022, 12:29 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

Not if it's a honey badger. He don't give a [BLEEP]. At 2:35 he starts eating a cobra that bit him. Lol

Laughing When National Geographic meets Idiocracy.

(06-07-2022, 12:29 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote:

That's just the coked up meth addict that charges police with a weapon of the animal world. If you don't put it down first, it will kill you or take both of you down.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

(06-03-2022, 05:03 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 04:58 PM)Ronster Wrote: HAHAHA, what a joke. You lefties are for whatever it politically expedient. You lefties JUMPED at the chance to defend the Nazi's in the Ukraine and provide THEM with weapons. Lefties don't know what the hell they are for. Seriously, the left has become a walking punchline.

You just called Ukrainian patriots Nazis but we're the punchline.  What a strange world you live in.

All these pages and nobody picked up on this… Laughing
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

(06-07-2022, 12:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 05:03 PM)mikesez Wrote: You just called Ukrainian patriots Nazis but we're the punchline.  What a strange world you live in.

All these pages and nobody picked up on this… Laughing

I caught it but why bother.  He’ll just spend the next 3 pages dancing around his Freudian slip.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-07-2022, 12:59 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:08 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: All these pages and nobody picked up on this… Laughing

I caught it but why bother.  He’ll just spend the next 3 pages dancing around his Freudian slip.

Wasn't a Freudian slip.
Hurricane said something I agreed with,
Ronster called everyone who agrees with that a lefty,
So for the purposes of that discussion I was a lefty.
Do you think 18 year olds should be forced to join the army and fight when they don't want to? If you don't, guess what, you're a lefty too.

(06-07-2022, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 12:59 PM)copycat Wrote: I caught it but why bother.  He’ll just spend the next 3 pages dancing around his Freudian slip.

Wasn't a Freudian slip.
Do you think 18 year olds should be forced to join the army and fight when they don't want to? If you don't, guess what, you're a lefty too.

Case in point lol.  However you pose an interesting question.  I personally believe military service should be compulsory for a minimum of 2 years.  A lot of the issues we see today could be eliminated with some good old fashioned discipline.  With that said, not every volunteer makes a good combat soldier either.  There has to be balance.

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(06-07-2022, 01:56 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Wasn't a Freudian slip.

Case in point lol.  However you pose an interesting question.  I personally believe military service should be compulsory for a minimum of 2 years.  A lot of the issues we see today could be eliminated with some good old fashioned discipline.  With that said, not every volunteer makes a good combat soldier either.  There has to be balance.

Just a small percentage of the armed forces are in combat arms. Most is support. Compulsory would be terrible for the military at large, combat or not. There’s nothing worse than dealing with people who don’t want to be there. It creates a drag on everyone else and slows operations.

(06-07-2022, 01:56 PM)copycat Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 01:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: Wasn't a Freudian slip.

I agree with the 2 years compulsory service for young people to get a sence of discipline and a sence of belonging to something greater than themselves. But another factor in the equation is  that a  lot of young people (boys especially) grow up without a father figure so..... Between those 2 factors, no military service and no father figure seems to be a root cause of todays problems in society
Instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution."

Forced indentured servitude. Welcome to America, 1722..
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(06-07-2022, 02:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Forced indentured servitude. Welcome to America, 1722..

Many countries have managed to do this effectively but I get the hesitancy.  I can see many pitfalls.  On the other hand what we are doing now certainly is not working.

(06-07-2022, 02:34 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Forced indentured servitude. Welcome to America, 1722..

You're such a lefty!

(06-07-2022, 03:10 PM)copycat Wrote:

Many countries have managed to do this effectively but I get the hesitancy.  I can see many pitfalls.  On the other hand what we are doing now certainly is not working.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. What are we doing now that is not working?

(06-07-2022, 03:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 03:10 PM)copycat Wrote: Many countries have managed to do this effectively but I get the hesitancy.  I can see many pitfalls.  On the other hand what we are doing now certainly is not working.

I don’t understand what you’re saying. What are we doing now that is not working?

He's saying that the youth in this country lack discipline and respect for authority, and that some form of mandatory national service would help. Mexico and Brazil have mandatory military service.  Is it helping?

(06-07-2022, 03:40 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 03:23 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: I don’t understand what you’re saying. What are we doing now that is not working?

He's saying that the youth in this country lack discipline and respect for authority, and that some form of mandatory national service would help. Mexico and Brazil have mandatory military service.  Is it helping?

Says every generation since, like, forever.

[Image: FUlARqdWYAE7I6J?format=jpg&name=medium]
"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(06-07-2022, 03:45 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 03:40 PM)mikesez Wrote: He's saying that the youth in this country lack discipline and respect for authority, and that some form of mandatory national service would help. Mexico and Brazil have mandatory military service.  Is it helping?

Says every generation since, like, forever.

I’m looking at everything HB.  You are right every generation looks at the next and says the same things but there is a tipping point.  My generation took firearms to school every day and we didn’t have mass shootings.  While the PTB argue the 2nd Amendment broken kids are still falling through the cracks and the results are tragic.

(06-07-2022, 03:10 PM)mikesez Wrote:

You're such a lefty! Libertarian!

FTFY.