Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Election Night thread***

(11-09-2022, 10:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 09:39 AM)p_rushing Wrote: He will, the issue is nothing will happen from it but a strongly worded letter or report.

Dr. Oz was a terrible candidate, no one really wanted him but there is no way Fetterman won without cheating. We will see if anything happens but even the dems knew he had no chance.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Here we go.... If we lost, they cheated excuse.  Dr. Oz moved to PA last year.  PA voters don't view him as someone that cares about, or is familiar with, PA but instead simply saw an opportunity to fulfill his #1 objective of becoming Senator.  He was more consumed with becoming Senator than helping PA.
You will have to look at the numbers of the preloaded ballots. I think they loaded too many. They also sent out 200,000+ ballots that were sent to ineligible people. Votes were removed again.

Oz is terrible and I have no clue why Trump endorsed him. Even though people didn't want him they still were voting for him. We will have to see the numbers but the individual county stuff wasn't making much sense with the actual canvassing that was done.

GA is also messed up. I think it's a combined cheating issue though. Kemp and Rats get to keep their power and they give the senate seats to the dems. Kemp and Rats get roughly the same % but then Walker doesn't get those votes? Who is really splitting votes at this point? Supposedly people weren't voting for Walker but voted the rest straight red. Then you had a bunch of people voting for Warnock who didn't vote for Abrams? Yeah no way a Democrat isn't voting for her.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-09-2022, 10:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Here we go.... If we lost, they cheated excuse.  Dr. Oz moved to PA last year.  PA voters don't view him as someone that cares about, or is familiar with, PA but instead simply saw an opportunity to fulfill his #1 objective of becoming Senator.  He was more consumed with becoming Senator than helping PA.
You will have to look at the numbers of the preloaded ballots. I think they loaded too many. They also sent out 200,000+ ballots that were sent to ineligible people. Votes were removed again.

Oz is terrible and I have no clue why Trump endorsed him. Even though people didn't want him they still were voting for him. We will have to see the numbers but the individual county stuff wasn't making much sense with the actual canvassing that was done.

GA is also messed up. I think it's a combined cheating issue though. Kemp and Rats get to keep their power and they give the senate seats to the dems. Kemp and Rats get roughly the same % but then Walker doesn't get those votes? Who is really splitting votes at this point? Supposedly people weren't voting for Walker but voted the rest straight red. Then you had a bunch of people voting for Warnock who didn't vote for Abrams? Yeah no way a Democrat isn't voting for her.

Great point.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-09-2022, 10:45 PM)p_rushing Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 10:23 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Here we go.... If we lost, they cheated excuse.  Dr. Oz moved to PA last year.  PA voters don't view him as someone that cares about, or is familiar with, PA but instead simply saw an opportunity to fulfill his #1 objective of becoming Senator.  He was more consumed with becoming Senator than helping PA.

That's really not that odd that people come out to simply vote for 1 person.  I left most of my ballot blank.

Kemp has a very favorable rating in Georgia so if someone votes for Warnock doesn't mean they prefer to have Abrams representing their state as well.   As a Dem, I would have split my vote between Warnock and Kemp but I can definitely see someone that came out to vote for Warnock no necessarily voting against Kemp so the easy think is to just leave that option blank.

Maybe... I just don't see it. Warnock and Abrams are the same person. They share the same vision. Same values. You would really vote for Warnock but not Abrams? Are you literally just voting against the opposition?

Senator and Governor are totally different jobs. Governors make plays like grant applications within the framework that Senators design. A Governor is going to have a direct impact on the roads you drive on, the businesses that open and close near you, where your kids go to school and university, all of that. A Senator is going to have very little impact on you most of the time. When a Senator passes something like an infrastructure bill, the program almost always goes to your Governor first before you see any real world impact.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

Sure, Mikey... that's what people are doing. Thanks for solving that problem.

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2022, 06:36 PM by HURRICANE!!!. Edited 3 times in total.)

(11-10-2022, 10:12 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe... I just don't see it. Warnock and Abrams are the same person. They share the same vision. Same values. You would really vote for Warnock but not Abrams? Are you literally just voting against the opposition?

People do take character and a variety of other factors into consideration when they vote.  I voted for DeSantis and Demings.   I want a split house and senate.   I can absolutely understand why people would vote for Warnock simply because the GOP voted for a lying babbling idiot with no experience as his opponent.  Conversely, I can see why people would vote for Kemp based on this past history and standing by his values when Trump put pressure on him to claim voter fraud.  If I were in GA, I would have voted Kemp and Warnock as well.

I'm left-center so I pretty much agree (and disagree) with half of what each party supports ... actually probably 60% Dem vs 40% GOP but not enough to solely vote along party lines

(11-10-2022, 06:30 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 10:12 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe... I just don't see it. Warnock and Abrams are the same person. They share the same vision. Same values. You would really vote for Warnock but not Abrams? Are you literally just voting against the opposition?

People do take character and a variety of other factors into consideration when they vote.  I voted for DeSantis and Demings.   I want a split house and senate.   I can absolutely understand why people would vote for Warnock simply because the GOP voted for a lying babbling idiot with no experience as his opponent.  Conversely, I can see why people would vote for Kemp based on this past history and standing by his values when Trump put pressure on him to claim voter fraud.  If I were in GA, I would have voted Kemp and Warnock as well.

I'm left-center so I pretty much agree (and disagree) with half of what each party supports ... actually probably 60% Dem vs 40% GOP but not enough to solely vote along party lines

With the party extremes and parade of incompetent candidates on both sides, I can definitely see a split ticket voting trend in the future.

Maybe so. Historically, what you guys are talking about is SUPER rare. Especially at these number disparities. Walker is a unique candidate in this regard, so I'm not saying it's impossible. Just rare.

(11-11-2022, 09:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe so. Historically, what you guys are talking about is SUPER rare. Especially at these number disparities. Walker is a unique candidate in this regard, so I'm not saying it's impossible. Just rare.

Can't you tell how much split ticketing there is by simply comparing vote totals for 2 candidates of the same party?  

About 200,000 more people voted for Kemp than voted for Walker.
About 130,000 more people voted for DeSantis than voted for Rubio.
About 178,000 more people voted for Tim Scott than voted for McMaster.  
About 381,000 more people voted for Mike DeWine than voted for Vance.  

Doesn't look rare to me.

An interesting bit of information. The reason why the Democratic party has success with elections in general is they get out there and really work to get the youth vote, except in rural NC evidently. They're pretty aggressive and this midterm election shows that. The Republican party needs to get off their butts and start doing the same or things are going to look very different going forward. 

Have the Republicans always taken this posture of thinking people will just show up and vote the "sensible" way? Like, they assume Republican households will spawn kids who grow up to vote the same as their parents? 

That Fetterman fellow was born and raised in a conservative home yet turned out to be a progressive. My husband was raised by parents who are democrats, old school democrats, yet he is most definitely a conservative Republican. I was raised in a home that was not political, at all. My parents voted but politics was never discussed nor was it a standard to live by. How I turned out Libertarian is a mystery to me other than at the basic level I think people should be able to live their lives responsibly without interference from the government. 

Anyway.....the link to the article.

Link

Dems credit Gen Z vote for helping exceed midterm expectations, not so much in NC

Results from Tuesday's midterm elections are still coming in. But what's certain is the impact of younger voters. Gen Z voters are getting lots of credit from Democrats for helping stave off a Republican red wave. But, while there were large youth voting numbers in several states, the numbers were not as high in North Carolina.

MARCHING TO THE POLLS

In the run up to the midterms, they turned polling sites into parties. Raleigh's Shaw and St. Augustine's Universities teamed up to march to the polls. At Fayetteville State, they called it a Trot to the Polls. The goals were the same: encourage as many young voters to cast a ballot as possible.

And as the national results came in, Tuesday night, one thing was apparent: Gen Z showed up. 27% of midterm voters were age 18 to 29 -- the second-highest midterm youth turnout for any midterm vote.

In North Carolina -- 53% of newly registered voters were under 35 -- more than double the last election. But while younger voters historically skew toward Democrats, they did not turnout in North Carolina in as high a number as other parts of the country.

(11-11-2022, 10:43 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: An interesting bit of information. The reason why the Democratic party has success with elections in general is they get out there and really work to get the youth vote, except in rural NC evidently. They're pretty aggressive and this midterm election shows that. The Republican party needs to get off their butts and start doing the same or things are going to look very different going forward. 

Have the Republicans always taken this posture of thinking people will just show up and vote the "sensible" way? Like, they assume Republican households will spawn kids who grow up to vote the same as their parents? 

That Fetterman fellow was born and raised in a conservative home yet turned out to be a progressive. My husband was raised by parents who are democrats, old school democrats, yet he is most definitely a conservative Republican. I was raised in a home that was not political, at all. My parents voted but politics was never discussed nor was it a standard to live by. How I turned out Libertarian is a mystery to me other than at the basic level I think people should be able to live their lives responsibly without interference from the government. 

Link

Dems credit Gen Z vote for helping exceed midterm expectations, not so much in NC

Results from Tuesday's midterm elections are still coming in. But what's certain is the impact of younger voters. Gen Z voters are getting lots of credit from Democrats for helping stave off a Republican red wave. But, while there were large youth voting numbers in several states, the numbers were not as high in North Carolina.

MARCHING TO THE POLLS

In the run up to the midterms, they turned polling sites into parties. Raleigh's Shaw and St. Augustine's Universities teamed up to march to the polls. At Fayetteville State, they called it a Trot to the Polls. The goals were the same: encourage as many young voters to cast a ballot as possible.

And as the national results came in, Tuesday night, one thing was apparent: Gen Z showed up. 27% of midterm voters were age 18 to 29 -- the second-highest midterm youth turnout for any midterm vote.

In North Carolina -- 53% of newly registered voters were under 35 -- more than double the last election. But while younger voters historically skew toward Democrats, they did not turnout in North Carolina in as high a number as other parts of the country.

I haven't looked at why NC has turned so blue in recent elections, but it certainly has. I'm attributing a lot of it to NE retirees in places like Ashville and Charlotte, but maybe that's misguided on my part.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-11-2022, 12:31 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 10:43 AM)americus 2.0 Wrote: An interesting bit of information. The reason why the Democratic party has success with elections in general is they get out there and really work to get the youth vote, except in rural NC evidently. They're pretty aggressive and this midterm election shows that. The Republican party needs to get off their butts and start doing the same or things are going to look very different going forward. 

Link

MARCHING TO THE POLLS

I haven't looked at why NC has turned so blue in recent elections, but it certainly has.  I'm attributing a lot of it to NE retirees in places like Ashville and Charlotte, but maybe that's misguided on my part.

That's pretty much it but they're not just going to Asheville and Charlotte. I live in a county that has a huge golf community. The U.S. Open recently moved it's headquarters here from what I understand. There are a great many retirees here from the northeast that live in the golf country clubs of which there are many as well as folks who retire from the Army while stationed at Fort Bragg and decide to stay here. They bring their politics with them when they claim NC as their permanent residence. 

We also have folks who move here from Chicago, California, and other blue states for work and they bring their politics. 

The crazy thing is we always seem to have a red governor and blue Lt governor or vice versa. At least in the 11 years I've lived here. Right now our governor is democrat and our Lt governor is republican. Fiscally we always seem to look like a red state. My husband has lived here his whole life and explained it to me once or twice but I don't remember specifics. 

I just know it's a crazy purple state. Thank God my county seems to stay on the conservative side of things though that is a mystery considering all the blue state retirees we have here.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022, 03:53 PM by NewJagsCity. Edited 1 time in total.)

Are we ever going to get these votes counted in AZ, CA, NV and UT? Why is it that FL and even GA can tabulate millions of votes in a 48 hour period but these other states cannot? Just throws more cloud on a process that is already suspect in many peoples minds. Unless those states are not interested in fixing these systems for obvious reasons.

As an aside, when was the last time you can remember a Republican winning a delayed election? My last recollection was Bush 2000, and Florida vowed that would never happen again and improved thier systems and procedures. And, no, I don't consider the DeSantis recount in 2018 a delayed election result.

It takes time for the Dems to fabricate all those votes they need to catch up.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022, 05:21 PM by Lucky2Last. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-11-2022, 10:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 09:49 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: Maybe so. Historically, what you guys are talking about is SUPER rare. Especially at these number disparities. Walker is a unique candidate in this regard, so I'm not saying it's impossible. Just rare.

Can't you tell how much split ticketing there is by simply comparing vote totals for 2 candidates of the same party?  

Doesn't look rare to me.

That's not what I was saying is rare, dude. There will almost always be more votes for Presidents and Governors.

(11-09-2022, 08:48 PM)homebiscuit Wrote:
(11-09-2022, 07:09 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: It's ok to cross party lines if the candidate aligns with your political views. I've voted Republican, Democrat and third party over the years. I do understand that it's harder these days given that the candidates tend to fall farther left or right but it's not impossible.

It’s a rarity these days. I would vote for Dem Dan Kildee of Michigan. He’s a real common sense guy.

And I would vote for Lisa Murkowski although her views on abortion basically eliminate her from contention as a GOP candidate.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2022, 07:09 PM by mikesez. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-11-2022, 05:21 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote:
(11-11-2022, 10:39 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Can't you tell how much split ticketing there is by simply comparing vote totals for 2 candidates of the same party?  

Doesn't look rare to me.

That's not what I was saying is rare, dude. There will almost always be more votes for Presidents and Governors.

So what do you make of the exception to your rule?
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

I'm talking about split tickets. They are rare unless a candidate is more closely aligned with the other party's values. Manchin, Sinema, etc. You don't typically see big shifts in voting (Warnock vs Walker) when the candidate's values are in opposition to the party. Kemp and Walker are not as far apart as Warnock and Kemp. Walker is an exception to this rule considering his qualifications (or lack thereof, and I am acknowledging that as a possibility for this disparity. Even then, historically, you don't see a deviation in this. Look at Pennsylvania. Oz, despite being a more functional human being, lost to Fetterman because the ideology is off. Shapiro carried voters to Fetterman. Kemp should carry votes for Walker. The independent candidate could also have something to do with that loss, but they didn't exactly crush it, so who knows.

How refreshing in this day and age. Sadly, it shows what has become of our political system.

https://youtube.com/shorts/VLUNTxLih8E?feature=share