Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Relax. Jags are still a playoff team.

Good time to take a break from the board.

The trolls are out

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(11-12-2023, 06:09 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: I been saying it for years.  Jags still don't have a franchise/superstar qb.   biggest part the superstar part. Trevor is highly overrated. the teal of doom has won games for us this season ,not the offense.  the defense has been the jags strengh for years ,even when the team is bad defense is strongest.   the other biggest problom today is san fran has 2 of the top 10 pass rushers on thier team  with bosa,and young.

It's funny when Trevor wins he's the franchise quarterback when he loses he's not the franchise quarterback...

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 06:46 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 06:23 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: yes,but mahomes has 2 super bowl rings and has looked like a great qb ever since he started.  Trevor is just another tim tebow. Greath high charther but not a good enough qb.  if he was so good he would've at least helped team make a game of today againest another team comeing off a bye.  I belieave in Jas Teal of doom defense still,but the qb  isn't any good.  unforrttanttly a defense can only carry a team for so long.

He can't do it alone, line has to block, WR have to catch the ball and then not put it on the ground in the red zone, and Bigby should never see the feild again. Yes Lawrence is part of the problem but again if you want a Mahomes, Burrow level QB buckle up cause it may not happen in your life time.

accuttlyy yes a qb can, stroud has half his o-line out, and is still winning games. Jags have the whole starting o-line, and can only get 3 points.  I don't like the texans,but unforttantly  they got a real qb that will some day lead texans to a super bowl win.  Jags got a superstar qb with Rourke,and they won't play him.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 06:49 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-12-2023, 06:12 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: So San Francisco's not a good team They went on a three-game losing streak

Oh and then I forget to mention the browns beating the Ravens.... Or Kansas City getting smoked by the Jets.... Your comment is kind of ignorant and as if you don't watch the NFL any team can win on any given day

It's why they play the game.  Did SF lose by 31 at home or am I missing something?  Their worst loss was by 14 at home to the Bengals.  They missed a GW FG during their 3 game losing skid,  and a 5 point loss at Minnesota where they looked awful the entire game.  I get it, they bounced back,  that's what the Jaguars need to do.  Good teams do that.

So first it was good teams don't lose like that I proved you wrong... Regardless of score... Now you come back with good teams bounce back... Were we not three and seven last year and bounced back? Did we not win 10 of the last 12 games.... I'm not quite sure where you're going with this.... Did we not lose to the Texans and then go on a five-game winning streak.... Would you consider that bouncing back... Still I'm not quite sure what you're going with.this... we got smoke today against a really good team and we'll be fine

(11-12-2023, 06:13 PM)Ordar Wrote: Anyone who would rather have Lawrence over Stroud is insane

The guy just a few weeks ago through 140 yards and lost to a winless Carolina team.... No... Now go sit down

How did this happen coming off a bye? How were we so unmotivated and unprepared? Did we cool off during the time off? Puzzling.
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

(11-12-2023, 06:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:14 PM)Protozoa Wrote: If you're only going to settle for a superstar QB your gonna be waiting a long time. Mahomes, Burrow, are the only sure things every other QB has struggled with bad lines and inconsistent skill players. Heck even Mahomes has struggled this year due to their line a WRs.

yes,but mahomes has 2 super bowl rings and has looked like a great qb ever since he started.  Trevor is just another tim tebow. Great high charther but not a good enough qb.  if he was so good he would've at least helped team make a game of today againest another team comeing off a bye.  I belieave in Jas Teal of doom defense still,but the qb  isn't any good.  unforrttanttly a defense can only carry a team for so long.

You're comparing Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow seriously at this point just delete your account and go sit in the corner You're officially in time out for  eternity

(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:19 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: yes,but mahomes has 2 super bowl rings and has looked like a great qb ever since he started.  Trevor is just another tim tebow. Great high charther but not a good enough qb.  if he was so good he would've at least helped team make a game of today againest another team comeing off a bye.  I belieave in Jas Teal of doom defense still,but the qb  isn't any good.  unforrttanttly a defense can only carry a team for so long.

You're comparing Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow seriously at this point just delete your account and go sit in the corner You're officially in time out for  eternity

Trevor might have a few more wins then tebow.  this offense that was suppose to be so good this year flat out sucks.  The defense has carried the team this season.  how does  whats suppose to be a franchise qb get destroyed bye the opposeing team who also is comeing off a bye.  Either Travor is highly overrated or NFL really is scripted ,and we will see  kelce bowl 2 .

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 07:14 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

If we lose next week to the Titans there is a good chance we miss the playoffs

(11-12-2023, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we lose next week to the Titans there is a good chance we miss the playoffs

Dude, we're not losing to the tacks!  LOL

Come on, ya'll.  We got smoked.  But we're still a playoff team.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 07:54 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 07:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we lose next week to the Titans there is a good chance we miss the playoffs

just like we wouldn't lose to the texans in jacksonville. I wouldn't say we are not loseing to the tacks.  we could very easisly lose to them,espaissley if team plays like they did today. we will get blowen out. team needs to show up next week, and play lights out football.

(11-12-2023, 07:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote:

Hopefully not.  Hopefully it's our get right game because we need it.  Have to beat the Texans the following week as well

That didn't look like a playoff team. That looked like the same team before the bye making the same mistakes against a good team that made us pay. You can't consistently turn the ball over and win for long. Can't consistently go 3 and out and have the worse rated secondary and win for long.

Trevor played horrible probably worse game since his rookie year. He missed open receivers and had two turnovers. We looked bad today I hope they're embarrassed
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:23 PM)Protozoa Wrote: He can't do it alone, line has to block, WR have to catch the ball and then not put it on the ground in the red zone, and Bigby should never see the feild again. Yes Lawrence is part of the problem but again if you want a Mahomes, Burrow level QB buckle up cause it may not happen in your life time.

accuttlyy yes a qb can, stroud has half his o-line out, and is still winning games. Jags have the whole starting o-line, and can only get 3 points.  I don't like the texans,but unforttantly  they got a real qb that will some day lead texans to a super bowl win.  Jags got a superstar qb with Rourke,and they won't play him.

If Rourke were a superstar he would be at least a back-up on a roster not the practice squad.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 08:09 PM by SamusAranX. Edited 1 time in total.)

(11-12-2023, 07:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote: That didn't look like a playoff team. That looked like the same team before the bye making the same mistakes against a good team that made us pay. You can't consistently turn the ball over and win for long. Can't consistently go 3 and out and have the worse rated secondary and win for long.

Trevor played horrible probably worse game since his rookie year. He missed open receivers and had two turnovers. We looked bad today I hope they're embarrassed

Yep the announcers literally called it out. They said we had been beating the odds by having multiple turnovers in multiple games and still finding ways to win those games. 

I don’t know what Doug needs to do to beat into their heads, but we gotta stop turning over the god dang  ball

(11-12-2023, 06:57 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You're comparing Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow seriously at this point just delete your account and go sit in the corner You're officially in time out for  eternity

Trevor might have a few more wins then tebow.  this offense that was suppose to be so good this year flat out sucks.  The defense has carried the team this season.  how does  whats suppose to be a franchise qb get destroyed bye the opposeing team who also is comeing off a bye.  Either Travor is highly overrated or NFL really is scripted ,and we will see  kelce bowl 2 .

So what happened last year when Lawrence was second only to Mahomes from week 9 on? How do they look that good then but not now? And you can't say it was the teams they were playing because the played good teams last year and look better against them then the bad teams this year.

Something is causing it and there are only a few things that changed since last year with the offense. Taylor leaving, Ridley, and Press taking over full play calling and clearly taken over game planing. It's clear by how Taylor is playing in KC he's not the difference and even when the team has moved away from Ridley they have struggled so that leave Press.

When it comes to Press I don't trust anything Pederson says as he's already shown in Philly he's willing to lose his job for him so he's going to shift blame from Press to himself. Our route tree is all outside and deep were not working the middle and unless Lawrence just forgot what a check down is after doing it just fine last year then I would guess that Press is preaching pushing the ball downfield.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(11-12-2023, 07:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote: That didn't look like a playoff team. That looked like the same team before the bye making the same mistakes against a good team that made us pay. You can't consistently turn the ball over and win for long. Can't consistently go 3 and out and have the worse rated secondary and win for long.

The Jags are easily a top 10 team talent-wise. But the 49ers are top 2-3. Plus, the 49ers have a head coach who's been around offensive game planning all his life by hanging out with his Super Bowl winning dad. 

Shanahan made the 2019 Jaguars defense, featuring Ramsey, Campbell, [BLEEP], et al, look like chumps. And that was with Jimmy Garrapolo at QB. Now, Shanahan has elite talent. They're probably going to the Super Bowl. The game should've been closer, but the O-line melted down, and the defense got de-moralized having to do it all by itself. 

The whole coaching staff got pencil whipped. Nothing they can do about it but dust themselves off and move on. I wouldn't even watch film. It's not like the O-line is going to learn how to block elite edge rushers like Bosa from watching it. Focus solely on the next game.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(11-12-2023, 07:47 PM)Protozoa Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:57 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: Trevor might have a few more wins then tebow.  this offense that was suppose to be so good this year flat out sucks.  The defense has carried the team this season.  how does  whats suppose to be a franchise qb get destroyed bye the opposeing team who also is comeing off a bye.  Either Travor is highly overrated or NFL really is scripted ,and we will see  kelce bowl 2 .

So what happened last year when Lawrence was second only to Mahomes from week 9 on? How do they look that good then but not now? And you can't say it was the teams they were playing because the played good teams last year and look better against them then the bad teams this year.

Something is causing it and there are only a few things that changed since last year with the offense. Taylor leaving, Ridley, and Press taking over full play calling and clearly taken over game planing. It's clear by how Taylor is playing in KC he's not the difference and even when the team has moved away from Ridley they have struggled so that leave Press.

When it comes to Press I don't trust anything Pederson says as he's already shown in Philly he's willing to lose his job for him so he's going to shift blame from Press to himself. Our route tree is all outside and deep were not working the middle and unless Lawrence just forgot what a check down is after doing it just fine last year then I would guess that Press is preaching pushing the ball downfield.

It's Press. I don't understand the loyalty unless he's actually Doug's son, kind of like Ferentz's boy in Iowa finally had to be fired by the AD. Khan probably can't do that or Doug quits. The grass isn't greener, unfortunately, so we must hope that Press continues to lay so many rotten eggs that Pederson simply has to move on. Otherwise Press is taking everyone down with him.
"I am only an average man, but by George, I work harder at it than the average man." - Teddy Roosevelt

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 08:13 PM by nejagsfan.)

(11-12-2023, 06:50 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: How did this happen coming off a bye? How were we so unmotivated and unprepared? Did we cool off during the time off? Puzzling.

Believe it or not it happens more often than not...a bye is a momentum killer

(11-12-2023, 06:57 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 06:51 PM)nejagsfan Wrote: You're comparing Trevor Lawrence to Tim Tebow seriously at this point just delete your account and go sit in the corner You're officially in time out for  eternity

Lol a few

(11-12-2023, 07:27 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 07:21 PM)carp8dm Wrote: Dude, we're not losing to the tacks!  LOL

just like we wouldn't lose to the texans in jacksonville. I wouldn't say we are not loseing to the tacks.  we could very easisly lose to them,espaissley if team plays like they did today. we will get blowen out. team needs to show up next week, and play lights out football.

Dude were talking about SF and the Titans...you do know the difference between good teams and bad right

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 10:13 PM by snowwolf776. Edited 1 time in total.)

yes i do,and how many times have tittians beaten jags when  jags were the better team expect for last year.  don't forget jags had a super bowl team in 99,and yet tittians beat us 3 times.  I don't care if tittians were 0-9. its not going to be a easy win.  i question if jags are good enough to beat tittians now. they sure weren't today.  they would've beatn us even worse thn san fran did.  we might be better off missing playoffs this year. we all know the nfl is scricpted,Trevor said so himself after chargers game last year.   can you say Kelce bowl 2.  eagles vs chiefs againg.

(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 10:12 PM by nhiverson.)

(11-12-2023, 06:02 PM)nejagsfan Wrote:
(11-12-2023, 05:13 PM)JaguarJosh2 Wrote: Days like today shouldn't and don't happen to good teams.  Can always feel a slump and letdown game coming with this team and it always seems to happen at home.  Not that we can't play meaningful games in the future this season,  but we always gotta bounce back from some devastating loss and it stings as a fan to marinade in that all week.

So San Francisco's not a good team They went on a three-game losing streak

Yeah I watched the Bengals destroy the 49ers the week before the bye.
No Fun