Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes

Quote:People were mad about that? What was he going to do, land on the roof of an underwater Walmart and have Cheney swim over to sporting goods to bring back a canoe?

I wouldn't trust Cheney anywhere near a sporting goods store.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Because many on the left thought that he was going to be their savior up to the point of the <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37B_nOdRTAA'>far left media calling him "sort of god"</a>.

I've never seen that clip before and that is far out there. But when you say many on the left, are you referring to black ppl? Many of my "liberal" white friends never expressed this sentiment and your were kind of vague in that response. If you don't feel comfortable replying I understand.

Quote:C'mon, if they really don't understand that reference them nothing they say in these threads is worth a serious response. If they play that game with you they REALLY aren't worth a response. You just give them the Obama Tingle Up My Leg by playing along.

This isn't a game. Again, this is the best access I have to ppl who lean heavily conservative and libertarian. I've have questions am I not supposed to ask them? Most of the ppl here seem proud of whatever position they've chosen so I assume I can ask pointed questions without them being to embarrassed to answer.

Quote:Yes. This is a man who voted to kill a fully born child that survives an abortion.

That's a childish misrepresentation of his vote.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:C'mon, if they really don't understand that reference them nothing they say in these threads is worth a serious response. If they play that game with you they REALLY aren't worth a response. You just give them the Obama Tingle Up My Leg by playing along.

Meh.  The guy asked an honest question, I gave him an honest answer.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I've never seen that clip before and that is far out there. But when you say many on the left, are you referring to black ppl? Many of my "liberal" white friends never expressed this sentiment and your were kind of vague in that response. If you don't feel comfortable replying I understand.

I was referring to many people on the left.  I never said anything about race.  If you want to imply that I was only referring to one certain race then you are certainly entitled to your interpretation.  I don't see how I was being "vague" with my response.

As far as white liberals, one far left liberal from the MSM had a "thrill going up his leg" from just hearing Barack Obama give a speech.

As far as "feeling comfortable" answering questions, does it really matter?  Contrary to the liberal thought process, I am not racist or a bigot just because I am conservative.  I'll answer questions based on what I believe is the truth.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I was referring to many people on the left. I never said anything about race. If you want to imply that I was only referring to one certain race then you are certainly entitled to your interpretation. I don't see how I was being "vague" with my response.

As far as white liberals, <a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no9fpKVXxCc'>one far left liberal from the MSM had a "thrill going up his leg" </a>from just hearing Barack Obama give a speech.

As far as "feeling comfortable" answering questions, does it really matter? Contrary to the liberal thought process, I am not racist or a bigot just because I am conservative. I'll answer questions based on what I believe is the truth.
I never called you a racist, and even if you had been referring to black ppl I still wouldn't have said you were racist. I just wanted clarity. What's interesting is how defensive you became. I can't be implying if I'm asking you to clarify what you said. I could care less whether you are liberal, conservative whatever. You have a very strange line drawn in the sand. Are we enemies because of opposing political views? I asked you questions because I thought you would be truthful, I just underestimated how weird you would be in the process.

Quote:I never called you a racist, and even if you had been referring to black ppl I still wouldn't have said you were racist. I just wanted clarity. What's interesting is how defensive you became. I can't be implying if I'm asking you to clarify what you said. I could care less whether you are liberal, conservative whatever. You have a very strange line drawn in the sand. Are we enemies because of opposing political views? I asked you questions because I thought you would be truthful, I just underestimated how weird you would be in the process.

I never said that you were calling me a racist.  You're the one that brought race into the conversation.  What does race have anything to do with my initial comment that you asked me a question about?

I don't see how my comments can be considered "defensive" at all.  "Backing my comments up with facts" yes, "defensive" no.

As far as the "strange line drawn in the sand", it seems to be you doing it.  I don't have enemies based on political views, I'm open to conversation with anybody.  If you think that my answers are "weird" it may be because you aren't used to someone being straight forward.  I'm as honest with my answers to questions as I can be.

Quote:I never said that you were calling me a racist. You're the one that brought race into the conversation. What does race have anything to do with my initial comment that you asked me a question about?

I don't see how my comments can be considered "defensive" at all. "Backing my comments up with facts" yes, "defensive" no.

As far as the "strange line drawn in the sand", it seems to be you doing it. I don't have enemies based on political views, I'm open to conversation with anybody. If you think that my answers are "weird" it may be because you aren't used to someone being straight forward. I'm as honest with my answers to questions as I can be.

I am the one who brought race into it, but not for the sake of calling you racist. There's nothing wrong with bringing race into a discussion so I don't know why that needs to mentioned. You specifically said you weren't racist contrary to the liberal thought process, but no one said you were racist...

Quote:I am the one who brought race into it, but not for the sake of calling you racist. There's nothing wrong with bringing race into a discussion so I don't know why that needs to mentioned. You specifically said you weren't racist contrary to the liberal thought process, but no one said you were racist...

So why bring race into the conversation?  Clearly something in your mind must have thought that when I said "many people on the left" meant that I was referring to black people.

Quote:So why bring race into the conversation? Clearly something in your mind must have thought that when I said "many people on the left" meant that I was referring to black people.

Why does race have to be exclusive to the topic? I mean we're not racists.

Quote:I wouldn't trust Cheney anywhere near a sporting goods store.
Nah, as long as you don't have a law degree, you're safe.

Quote:This isn't a game. Again, this is the best access I have to ppl who lean heavily conservative and libertarian. I've have questions am I not supposed to ask them? Most of the ppl here seem proud of whatever position they've chosen so I assume I can ask pointed questions without them being to embarrassed to answer.
Seeking the sort of response you are requesting is hit or miss at best.  In the current political season both sides are so bowed up they have lost all reason.  I have given up on civil discourse at this point but good luck.  I'll be lurking.  ;-)

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:Seeking the sort of response you are requesting is hit or miss at best. In the current political season both sides are so bowed up they have lost all reason. I have given up on civil discourse at this point but good luck. I'll be lurking. ;-)

I appreciate that.

I've never heard anyone call Obama "the messiah" out loud.

I've only read the term written out by certain people here or on other social media outlets.

Just a point I'd like to bring up. If you're too scared to use a term in "polite company", it should give one pause as to what the meaning is when the term is used.

As for why Obama destroyed McCain in 2008, the vast majority of voters were providing a mandate against the Iraq war. The fatigue of the Bush Cheney regime was palatable.

Just because some young voters that were new to politics had an idealism that Obama was going to fix the world doesn't mean that was most people felt during that election.

2008 was a referendum against the prior 8 years and against the status quo.

Quote:I wouldn't trust Cheney anywhere near a sporting goods store.

Ouch !!!   That was good.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 06:18 AM by Dumptruck.)

I live in WV. The president nor any of the candidates for president visited when floods killed 23 people and put half the state under water. None of them saw a way to politicize the flooding here so no photo ops were needed. I think they might have mustered up a "thoughts and prayers" tweet.

The whole gang of them can piss off. Trump could give a [BLEEP] less about the victims in Louisiana. It is a big production. I am sure Clinton will show up down there soon for her photo op.

He spend 49 seconds pulling play-doh off a truck, then he high tailed it out of there.  It was all a cynical ploy with him.  49 seconds.  He wasn't there to help.  He was there to get his polls up.  

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 08:29 AM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote: 

<div>

He spend 49 seconds pulling play-doh off a truck, then he high tailed it out of there.  It was all a cynical ploy with him.  49 seconds.  He wasn't there to help.  He was there to get his polls up.  

</div>

Louisiana gov: Trump helped 'shine a spotlight' on flood recovery

Although I am sure you expected a 70-year old man to stand there and unload an entire truck full of recovery goods. Also, those goods were donated from him AND he deliberately didn't take the press with him. Was it a political move? Probably, but it was very well executed.

(This post was last modified: 08-22-2016, 08:26 AM by Indy2Jax.)

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/292131-louisiana-governor-donald-trump-spotlight-flooding'>Louisiana gov: Trump helped 'shine a spotlight' on flood recovery</a>

Although I am sure you expected a 70-year old man to stand there and unload an entire truck full of recovery goods.
But poster above has a good point. Why Louisiana and not WV? Their flood was just as tragic.

Didn't need the photo op?