Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Donald Trump criticizes family of slain Muslim Solider

Quote:He talked a lot about Trump in this post. Maybe you need to brush up on your English?

http://jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/top.../?p=777784

Brush up on my English? Is that because I'm a dirty foreigner? For the record, I'm British. And I'm an English Language teacher. For what it's worth I consider my English to be at least half decent.

This thread was about Donald Trump. My posts were about Donald Trump. JW occasionally refers to the main point, but then repeatedly brings it back to Hillary's numerous shortcomings, as is his MO. Not sure how anyone can deny that.

If people want to discuss Hillary's misdeeds then I am sure there is a thread for it. This thread is about Trump's insulting remarks to the parents of a fallen soldier, and references to Hillary are absolutely deflecting from that subject.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

This guy blasts anyone and everyone, but has thin skin on this?? If someone being critical of him evoked this type of response, how is he going to handle it when real challenges arise?
Only a chump boos the home team!

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 02:34 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:This guy blasts anyone and everyone, but has thin skin on this?? If someone being critical of him evoked this type of response, how is he going to handle it when real challenges arise?

What type of response?

George asked him a question about the Khans and he responded with an observation about why the wife wasn't allowed to speak. What you meant to say was "Why didn't Donald Trump just keep his mouth shut like a good little politician, compliment the Muslim on slandering his name, and be politically correct?" Not his style, it isn't how he won the primaries, and it isn't how he is going to win the election.

He wasn't bombastic in his response. He wasn't angry. He just made an observation and the media is treating it like Hitler just rose from the grave and has invaded Manhattan with his army of SS zombies. Read or listen to the interview, it was extremely tame. The outrage is manufactured, coordinated, and is going to backfire. There is a reason the MSM has ~10% trustworthiness.

Quote:Brush up on my English? Is that because I'm a dirty foreigner? For the record, I'm British. And I'm an English Language teacher. For what it's worth I consider my English to be at least half decent.

This thread was about Donald Trump. My posts were about Donald Trump. JW occasionally refers to the main point, but then repeatedly brings it back to Hillary's numerous shortcomings, as is his MO. Not sure how anyone can deny that.

If people want to discuss Hillary's misdeeds then I am sure there is a thread for it. This thread is about Trump's insulting remarks to the parents of a fallen soldier, and references to Hillary are absolutely deflecting from that subject.

You seem to have totally ignored JW's post with the actual text of the remarks, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and deferred to the explanation that you had trouble reading it.

I see nothing insulting in those remarks. What in particular do you find insulting?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:Brush up on my English? Is that because I'm a dirty foreigner? For the record, I'm British. And I'm an English Language teacher. For what it's worth I consider my English to be at least half decent.

Where did you get "dirty foreigner" from that?

Quote:What type of response?

George asked him a question about the Khans and he responded with an observation about why the wife wasn't allowed to speak. What you meant to say was "Why didn't Donald Trump just keep his mouth shut like a good little politician, compliment the Muslim on slandering his name, and be politically correct?" Not his style, it isn't how he won the primaries, and it isn't how he is going to win the election.

He wasn't bombastic in his response. He wasn't angry. He just made an observation and the media is treating it like Hitler just rose from the grave and has invaded Manhattan with his army of SS zombies. Read or listen to the interview, it was extremely tame. The outrage is manufactured, coordinated, and is going to backfire. There is a reason the MSM has ~10% trustworthiness.
By 'the Muslim' you mean 'Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father of a slain American soldier' yes? It becomes increasingly obvious what this is really about, not that you've ever really tried to hide it.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 02:42 PM by JagJohn.)

Quote:You seem to have totally ignored JW's post with the actual text of the remarks, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt and deferred to the explanation that you had trouble reading it.

I see nothing insulting in those remarks. What in particular do you find insulting?
Sure, buddy! Thanks for being concerned about my reading difficulties! 

And in regards to which Trump remarks I find offensive... We've already been over that very clearly in this thread. But I guess you just decided to jump straight in on 'your side' without really stopping to look at what has actually been said.

Quote:By 'the Muslim' you mean 'Khizr Khan, the Gold Star father of a slain American soldier' yes? It becomes increasingly obvious what this is really about, not that you've ever really tried to hide it.

No, I mean Khizr Khan, the advocate of Sharia law and Muslim resettlement, proponent of OPEC, and Saudi lawyer. I respect his son. I have no respect for the father.

(This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 02:46 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:What type of response?

"He has never met me and has no right to stand and say I've never read the Constitution.." (paraphrasing)

How many people has Trump blasted whom he has never met? He's allowed to criticize anyone and everyone, but heaven forbid someone challenge him? He has made several comments which show he could care less about the Constitution (can't consider a judge because of Mexican ethnicity, let's monitor mosques and Muslim-Americans,etc. - not to mention he's a walking war crime waiting to happen - let's waterboard.. Let's kill terrorists families, etc.)

Then he goes after the wife? Classy.

This guy is a sociopath and a compulsive liar.

You can't possibly mean the same Khizr Khan who wants to put a burka on Hillary Clinton?

Quote:You can't possibly mean the same Khizr Khan who wants to put a burka on Hillary Clinton?

Yes. Burqas for everyone. It's the new "They're coming for our guns!"

Run to the hills!

Quote:No, I mean Khizr Khan, the advocate of Sharia law and Muslim resettlement, proponent of OPEC, and Saudi lawyer. I respect his son. I have no respect for the father.
You got all that info from that ridiculous 'Christianity is doomed, the apocalypse is coming!!!' website. It's nonsense!

Quote:Sure, buddy! Thanks for being concerned about my reading difficulties! 

And in regards to which Trump remarks I find offensive... We've already been over that very clearly in this thread. But I guess you just decided to jump straight in on 'your side' without really stopping to look at what has actually been said.

I haven't seen any actual quotes from Trump along with why the poster found them offensive. But if there is one in the previous 3 pages, then link it to a response.

Otherwise, why not detail that yourself?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:"He has never met me and has no right to stand and say I've never read the Constitution.." (paraphrasing)

How many people has Trump blasted whom he has never met? He's allowed to criticize anyone and everyone, but heaven forbid someone challenge him? He has made several comments which show he could care less about the Constitution (can't consider a judge because of Mexican ethnicity, let's monitor mosques and Muslim-Americans,etc. - not to mention he's a walking war crime waiting to happen - let's waterboard.. Let's kill terrorists families, etc.)

Then he goes after the wife? Classy.

This guy is a sociopath and a compulsive liar.

So what Trump said wasn't wrong, or offensive? Just hypocritical? Got it!

Quote:You can't possibly mean the same Khizr Khan who wants to put a burka on Hillary Clinton?

His own wife doesn't wear a burka. Such a poorly thought out stereotype.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

No spin needed.  Trump is right again.

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/pr...nald-trump

Yet the useful idiots keep falling for all she does.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:What did he say that offended you so much? Just curious. I want the exact quote, for reference.

Quote:His allegation that Khan's mother 'wasn't allowed to have anything to say'. 

99% of people would have seen that speech and felt nothing but sympathy for that woman. Trump instead tries to turn her into a symbol of his perceived Muslim oppression, and use her to stoke up anti-Muslim sentiment.

It lacks any degree of class, compassion or decency. Trump is so obviously a despicable human being, and it is terrifying that such a large percentage of the country support him.

Quote:I haven't seen any actual quotes from Trump along with why the poster found them offensive. But if there is one in the previous 3 pages, then link it to a response.

Otherwise, why not detail that yourself?

This exact conversation. I hope that clears it up for you.

In my opinion it is disgusting to insult parents who have lost a son in such a manner. VFW, John McCain, and a multitude of others would agree. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CoyVz15XgAAXKdd.jpg:large

this isn't going to hurt Trump in the election in the slightest

Quote:His own wife doesn't wear a burka. Such a poorly thought out stereotype.

[Image: sL3ljL6.jpg]

Quote:So what Trump said wasn't wrong, or offensive? Just hypocritical? Got it!

The term I used was thin skinned. He truly is. Not a desired attribute for the role he claims he wants.