Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Telvin Smith called players only meeting last week

Did that quote omit the "puff, puff, pass" part of the meeting

j/k

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You know if I had only one team it would be the JAGUARS.

But you have more than one team....
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Telvin Smith is my favorite Jaguar. I want him to be the best defensive player on the team. He is the leader we've needed, he WILL be the captain of this defense next year, and the heart and soul of this team. He might be close to my favorite Jaguar player ever

Quote:Only superstars are allowed to call a team meeting. He's not one, or there yet.

I wouldn't care if it was the mascot or the kicker calling the meeting. It's a big season this has to be the one where we turn the corner already.

No pain, no gain.

Having a Players only meeting is fine but.......

Expectations are high this year sure but.....

It all depends on how the rookies gel in to NFL Players

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

Quote:Telvin Smith is my favorite Jaguar. I want him to be the best defensive player on the team. He is the leader we've needed, he WILL be the captain of this defense next year, and the heart and soul of this team. He might be close to my favorite Jaguar player ever

Something clicked with me regarding Telvin shortly after we drafted him. In fact, his was the first jersey I bought since Fred Taylor's way back when and I rep it constantly. I couldn't put a finger on what it was at the time, other than he's an FSU guy (I'm a Tallahassee native) but it's nice to see that my gut wasn't wrong.

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

Quote:The fact that Telvin could call a meeting and his teammates show up speaks volumes. Definitely a well respected player. He gives 100% every snap and he's a damn good player to boot. Hell of a pickup by Caldwell.

This ^^

This is good news to hear as a jag fan... I cant think when was the last time a player did that on Defense... He is slowly becoming the defensive captain .. If he isnt already... This is something Poz suppose to do.. But he just looks the part..

I cant wait for this season to start. Its going to take forever.

Quote:This is good news to hear as a jag fan... I cant think when was the last time a player did that on Defense... He is slowly becoming the defensive captain .. If he isnt already... This is something Poz suppose to do.. But he just looks the part..

We don't know how these players act in the locker room. So it's hard to bash Poz for his leadership skills. From the outside looking in, he seems to be more the type that leads by example. Not every leader is vocal. I've seen Poz put it on the line every week for a few years now. I'd bet a good amount that he is well respected by his teammates.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Salute FSU.  This Gator fan thought that ya'll forgot how to breed them like that j/k.  Telvin is bringing leadership and accountability to this defense.  With the way Ramsey looks up to him and gets excited when he thinks about the chance to play on the same team with him again, it gets me excited to see what they can do together. 

I'm curious though as to what all the offensive players had to say in the meeting.  Hopefully it wasn't just mainly Defense.

Season Tix, Section 409

2023 and still counting.....SB will finally be ours soon enough.
TLaw aka 'the prince that was promised' supporter.

The guys are motivated. More wins means more sprinkles on the ice cream. :yes:

Player's only meetings are so common place and over-used phrase.

From now, Jags should only call Ballers-Only Meetings...

He was just rounding the guys up to see which flavour ice cream they want on the menu this year.

In all seriousness, it's a great idea to have the meeting before the season so they get it in their mindset that this year needs to be a winning season. Telvin is a leader!

Quote:Based on that criteria, we can be assured you wouldn't be calling a team meeting....ever.
Lmmfao...so hard...

My jewels ache.

Telvin Smith is a great player not only for his skills on the field, yet his leadership skills. He did this a lot back at FSU. It gets the team pumped up and ready to go to battle.

Quote:Telvin Smith is a great player not only for his skills on the field, yet his leadership skills. He did this a lot back at FSU. It gets the team pumped up and ready to go to battle.

I bet in a few years some teams will regret letting him drop to the fifth round.

Quote:Lmmfao...so hard...

My jewels ache.

Rub some dirt on it....
"I'm gonna have to say NO to the reading of the Latin!"

Quote:We don't know how these players act in the locker room. So it's hard to bash Poz for his leadership skills. From the outside looking in, he seems to be more the type that leads by example. Not every leader is vocal. I've seen Poz put it on the line every week for a few years now. I'd bet a good amount that he is well respected by his teammates.

He certainty doesn't seem like the guy you would walk up to mouth off at... He's one of the tougher guys on the team, which seems to be the theme... like Allen Hurns man love his work ethic, along with Telvin Smith & Jalen Ramsey

they work hard in practice & it shows at game time

When you put that kind of work in and see your teammates not, it probably does upset you.. you know knowing that some only see it as a job/paycheck and dont show the same passion for winning..

Quote:He certainty doesn't seem like the guy you would walk up to mouth off at... He's one of the tougher guys on the team, which seems to be the theme... like Allen Hurns man love his work ethic, along with Telvin Smith & Jalen Ramsey

they work hard in practice & it shows at game time

When you put that kind of work in and see your teammates not, it probably does upset you. You know knowing that some only see it as a job/paycheck and don't show the same passion for winning.

I doubt any Jaguars will have that problem next season.