Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: What grade do you give the team for this year's draft?
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]

Grade This Year's Draft

Quote:Who are the trolls who graded F?
Gene Smith & wife?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I was hoping we could have gotten Bosa too, with Goff as a back-up to BB..  but this will do..  So I'll go with an A..

I'm a Safety guy…  getting Jalen Ramsey was the bomb.. THE guy I wanted..  I hope he knows how to lay the wood and stay healthy..  

I think we not only win this year..  we start winning in the first half !!  

We win the opener..  F I N A L L Y ...

TMD on Twitter:

TMD – ‏@JagsMBmaddog

I'm going to give the Jags an A- , it was a very good draft but would have preferred 1 less DE and another OL, S, or LB

3:29 PM - 30 Apr 2016
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Reminds me of the Baltimore draft with Ed Reed and the toothy declaw beta lion ray lewis.

Quote:In fact, Jacksonville didn't select a single player who was graded below a "B" until the seventh round.

What? This is the first time I read one of our picks is below a B grade. If he is, how do we get an A+ grade for the whole draft?

I think a B++ i can easily say a A because of Jack and Ramsey. But their are 7 rnds in the draft... I wish we could have drafted 1 o-lineman.. But im sure we will sign a bunch of undrafted ones... Soo im still happy... Very good draft!

Quote:I think a B++ i can easily say a A because of Jack and Ramsey. But their are 7 rnds in the draft... I wish we could have drafted 1 o-lineman.. But im sure we will sign a bunch of undrafted ones... Soo im still happy... Very good draft!

That would be an A.

Quote:TMD on Twitter:

TMD – ‏@JagsMBmaddog

I'm going to give the Jags an A- , it was a very good draft but would have preferred 1 less DE and another OL, S, or LB

3:29 PM - 30 Apr 2016

Even TMD likes it. This offseason has been so surreal.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Can the mods just ban anyone who voted lower than an A please? :thanks:

If just one of Yannick, Holmes, or Woodard turn into a consistent and effective pass rusher, then this draft is A+++!

We need a surprise pass rusher to show up and make plays along Fowler. Maybe it's one of those later picks? Maybe is Ryan Davis? Maybe Chris Smith? Just ONE needs to make a name for themselves.
Shock the world

Don't forger Sheldon Day. He can rush the passer from tackle or end.

91% believe the draft grade is an A.  That's gotta be a sign, fellas!

When you get 2 guys you were considering at #5 with your first 2 picks, including one who many considered to be one of the top players in the entire draft, and then you land 2 additional defensive lineman a round later than they were projected to go, it's hard not to grade this draft as an A.  Hopefully it lives up to the hoopla. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:91% believe the draft grade is an A.  That's gotta be a sign, fellas!

Right now it is over 91 percent. That number can only go up.

Quote:It still remains to be seen how any of them will perform in the NFL, but on paper I would give Caldwell and Co. an A.

The Draft grades are a bit of a joke, because every team's fans feel good usually about the draft & only time will tell how great the players will actually be...

That being said getting two of the sports media's rated top 5 defensive players in this year's draft for nothing more than a 1st, 2nd and a 5th round pick is outstanding!  For that reason alone I feel they deserve at least a B, but then you add DT Sheldon Day & Yannick Ngakoue makes me want to pick an A (which I did because I am a homer) I could see the argument for a B because they failed to address Center, LT, and some felt that an elite pass rusher in the 1st or 2nd was a huge need.  I am going on the fact that they are banking on Marks being a 100% combined with FA Malik Jackson getting so much pressure on the inside that a healthy Fowler & Odrick on the outside will give them the pass rush they need.

Plus having a much better DB coverage than before will also improve the pass defense!  Fowler, Odrick, and Jackson being great against the run with help from Myles Jack & Run stopper Poz & Telvin whom all can cover (especially Myles) makes the defense go from 31st worst against the pass to possibly a top 15 defense this year.

USA Today wrote

Grade: A

Analysis: Jacksonville’s hot offseason continued through the draft. The Jags managed to snag defensive back Jalen Ramsey, whom many considered to be the draft’s best defensive player, at No. 5, and still land linebacker Myles Jack in the second round. Jack might be a long-term medical risk with concerns about his knee, but right now it’s fun to imagine this revamped defense that also includes 2015 first-round defensive end Dante Fowler, who missed his entire rookie year.

4 of the first 5 picks (Ramsey, Jack, Ngakoue, and Holmes) were all the exact guy I was banging the table for when we were on the clock, and Day was definitely very good value, so A+ for total value.

Downgrade a hair to A overall though, just because of the lost opportunity cost with missing out on an IOL. Drafting Westerman instead of Day, or Jack Allen instead of Woodard would have made it an A+ all around. 

Quote:If just one of Yannick, Holmes, or Woodard turn into a consistent and effective pass rusher, then this draft is A+++!

We need a surprise pass rusher to show up and make plays along Fowler. Maybe it's one of those later picks? Maybe is Ryan Davis? Maybe Chris Smith? Just ONE needs to make a name for themselves.

This^  I think too many people's expectations are that every draft pick will address a need and pan out as a long-term member of the team.  That just doesn't happen...on any NFL team.  Hit on your 1st and 2nd rounds and find a player or 2 in later rounds and your GM is a rock star!  There's no way this draft was less than an A.

Have to give it an A on paper.  Obviously it remains to be seen what they can do on the field, but with Ramsey and Jack, the defense is already better.

Quote:When you get 2 guys you were considering at #5 with your first 2 picks, including one who many considered to be one of the top players in the entire draft, and then you land 2 additional defensive lineman a round later than they were projected to go, it's hard not to grade this draft as an A.  Hopefully it lives up to the hoopla. 

Don't forget that we only gave up a 5th rounder to get the other guy.  If someone told us last week that we got Ramsey and Jack, most people would probably guess that we gave up at LEAST a 3rd rounder.  And most of us would have been happy with that.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke.