Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do you expect Bortles to take it up a notch again?

Quote: 2016 Schedule

Buffalo Bills

Baltimore Ravens     

vs.     Minnesota Vikings     

vs.     Green Bay Packers     

at     Detroit Lions     

at     Chicago Bears     

at     San Diego Chargers     

vs.     Oakland Raiders     

at     Kansas City Chiefs     

vs.     Denver Broncos          

at     Tennessee Titans     

vs.     Tennessee Titans     

at     Houston Texans         

vs.     Houston Texans         

at     Indianapolis Colts     

vs.     Indianapolis Colts   

- according to Pro-Football-Focus

------------------------

I think that Blake Bortles has a good chance of sweeping the Colts (came really close to doing it last year.. should've won that game).  The Jaguars should at least split with the Titans, and Texans.  That is 4-2 (85% chance) within the division IMO most likely to occur with a small chance of worse or better by 1 (3-3) 10% or (5-1) 5%.    The problem is the schedule as I don't see any really easy games on the list.
In addition with your wins, I see a win vs the Lions and possibly the Chargers.. Chicago and Buffalo are beatable IMO. So I see 8 wins off the bat. That's including 4-2 in the division.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:In addition with your wins, I see a win vs the Lions and possibly the Chargers.. Chicago and Buffalo are beatable IMO. So I see 8 wins off the bat. That's including 4-2 in the division.

And I see Denver as winnable with their QB problems.

Quote:I expect to see less 6's or Bortles might not be "the guy".
so you came back to troll again

[Image: giphy.gif]

From his passing game perspective, his OL is either going to make him look good or he will be picking himself off the ground numerous times just like he did last year. It's not about what he does but what those "around him" allow him to do. As for the running game he operates, how hard is it to hand the ball off to a RB?

Mrs. Bortles don't play. She scrutinizes every post with a fine tooth comb. Dare you say her man needs any improvement, to the gallows you go.

What's going to happen when hubby doesn't make top 100, which he 100% positively absolutely guaranteedly is not going to even sniff, as of 2015 play. She makes that thread every few weeks, and calls him a probowler who couldn't go due to injuries, though he wasn't voted in, or an alternate.

Ah well, if winning is still an indicator of taking it up notches, I'd hope he takes it up a lot of notches. But if we are loving just stats...

*Awaiting absolute ripping from Madame de Bortle
Success is a journey, not a destination.  Go all out Mighty Jaguars.

Quote:I expect to see less 6's or Bortles might not be "the guy".

How many pick sixes did Bortles actually throw last season? How does this compare to league average? How many results were actually impacted by his pick sixes?

If he doesn't have at least a 119.3 passer rating at the end of the season, then he is gone.

If Blake has an improved offensive line, more experience in his wideouts, more comfort with Thomas, and a run game to take some pressure off, I do see Blake with another notch up in performance.  

where he needs to improve is redzone td's forget the fade pass in the corner it doesn't work. Allow Thomas and AR-15 to run end zone routes where they use their bodies to block out defenders that is how to use the big guys. I agree if defense improves Bortles should be able to keep numbers up even running the ball more because of having more drives per game.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:My biggest #becausejaguars worry for 2016: Bortles tears his ACL.
Really you had to post that? To even mention it is insane!!!!

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Most likely. Another year in the offense, another year and offseason work on the general stuff. I doubt hell do the same numbers just cause he wont be asked to but id expect improved play.