Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
** The Official Malik Jackson Thread **

Thats alot of guranteed money.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It's not about paying guys. It's about paying the right guys. Trust the guy who's spent most of the past two seasons watching Broncos games, Jackson is the "product of his surroundings" guy. He's Dave Thomas, the cornerback who went from looking really good when paired with Fernando Bryant, Donovin Darius and Carnell Lake to being godawful with the Giants after losing those players around him. Without Ware, Miller and Wolfe pulling attention off of him, Jackson will struggle.

If we'd signed Vernon to an offer sheet larger than that, I'd be stoked. There are FAs out there I'd love to sign, but pursuing guys who were, in many ways, the weakest link on their team at that position and throwing monster contracts at them worries me. 

Funny, I've heard people say that same thing about Vernon.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Im with this!

Quote:Broncos' future good or bad? Abundance of talent that will not be able to be retained and Peyton retiring

I'd say it's pretty good.  Peyton wasn't a big part of why they were so good last year.  They'll lose some pieces of their defense.  What'll hurt them most is probably the Raiders and Chiefs rising, as well as a few other AFC teams.   As long as they can get a QB who doesn't turn the ball over, they'll be playoff contenders for a long time barring bad injury to Von Miller.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Thats alot of guranteed money.

Who cares? What the hell good has saving money done? We need TALENT on defense, badly. Hell, we could've guaranteed him double what he got and I'd be fine with it. Our defense got better. And besides, it's not your money.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Dave has so much money to spend he could burn some of it. This was a great signing relax guys.

Yea two great signings. Hopefully a bunch more in next few weeks.
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

The Jags are in such a good situation that even monster contracts that fail will not hinder re/signing other players in the future. Besides, I dont see Jackson being the get paid, go on 2 year vacation type. Marks, Miller, Odrick, Poz, Smith, and Walsh wouldn't allow it.

(This post was last modified: 03-08-2016, 04:09 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

That is a lot of money. Dave is going all-in this year.

Bad teams like the Jags need to overspend to get talent here, so its not a horrible move. Time will tell.

Quote:That is a lot of money. Dave is going all-in this year.

Bad teams like the Jags need to overspend to get talent here. Time will tell.

Disagree the correct term would be tons of competition. Is why have to overpay.

Record aside were not a bad team. No one I know and I have hundreds of nfl die hard fans. And not one says we stink. Just our d cost us games.

#Gojags

We simply need to get great talent here.  

I'd rather (so called) overspend to get a pro bowl type player here than to find a great bargain (e.g. Ziggy Hood) in a former bust that has potential.   Quite honestly, we've done the value thing all the way through the Gene era so it's time we took advantage of a very weak AFC South.

For everyone who says 15 million is way too much, I'll say it again. Denver had a contract ready for him that paid 13 million per year. 2 mil per year to get him away is pocket change.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:We simply need to get great talent here.

I'd rather (so called) overspend to get a pro bowl type player here than to find a great bargain (e.g. Ziggy Hood) in a former bust that has potential. Quite honestly, we've done the value thing all the way through the Gene era so it's time we took advantage of a very weak AFC South.

This^

Its free agency and he is a top 3 prospect from most media outlets, you are going to pay a bit more to land a guy like Malik. I am OK with the deal because if the production is there and Fowler is above average our rush will be loads better with Marks returning as well. This defensive front got a lot better imo. 

Quote:Disagree the correct term would be tons of competition. Is why have to overpay.

Record aside were not a bad team. No one I know and I have hundreds of nfl die hard fans. And not one says we stink. Just our d cost us games.

Agree --- excluding the final 2 games of the season, there was significant improvement.   That said, we did go against backup QBs throughout the season and still managed to only win 5 games so we have a long way to go so this was a significant signing.

Agreed.

#Gojags

Geeezuss ....if we signed no one, the MB goes nuts. Sign a big time FA and some say too much money. Of course there are risks. Like last year..we avoided a mistake by not getting Cobb. If the team signs a DE on top of this, our D improves instantly. Like another poster said...it aint our money, so quit whining. The team has more cap space than every other team..they can over spend. Only time will tell..but just thinking of Odrik, Marks, Jackson and Fowler up front should make us all smile a bit

Blakes Life Matters

There will be lots of noise about if he can produce without DE's drawing double coverage. Lets just hope Fowler and Bosa are the same guys as Miller and Ware and don't have to find out.

Quote:Yup. Plus he just won a Super Bowl. Looks like we will see another free agent with no motivation taking a vacation.

Do you write poetry and listen to The Cure? Everything is terrible apparently.

Awesome....just awesome! :woot:

Best part is....we have some other good players on that line too.

2016 Defense is going to be unreal.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson