Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags pursuing Mario Williams, is he worth the look?

Quote:I will take Mario Williams taking 75% of his plays off versus Andre Branch playing 100% of the time.

His sack totals since entering the league

2006 4.5

2007 14

2008 12

2009 9

2010 8.5

2011 5 (in only 5 games played before injured)

2012 10.5

2013 13

2014 14.5

2015 5

He is averaging 9.5 sacks a year.  Pay Da Man.  He was miscast last year

Agreed.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't feel having a vet on a shorter term deal would disrupt the build process, assuming any deal is not structured beyond his remaining productive years. If he gives 2 solid years and then departs, great.

I don't have a problem with having a vet, just don't wanna pay that much for a guy past his prime and not here for the long term

Quote:Remind me how many season tickets you have?

That's what I thought.

What does that have to do with anything!? I been a jaguar fan since I was 4. Always back the team, after getting heckled by every person I told I was a jaguar fan, I'm always fully invest in the team from FA season, to the draft, to OTAs, to training camp, and through the season (all year every year). Don't question my loyalty. Impulse buying on guys like Mario can mess up giving Blake that extra money he was later or ARob or Hurns or Linder. People think "oh we have the money lets jus spend it, it's 10 mil a year. Learn how the salary cap works before you talk, each signing not only effects this year but the following years depending on the contract. In the end we all LOVE the same team. GO JAGS!!!

Quote:What does that have to do with anything!? I been a jaguar fan since I was 4. Always back the team, after getting heckled by every person I told I was a jaguar fan, I'm always fully invest in the team from FA season, to the draft, to OTAs, to training camp, and through the season (all year every year). Don't question my loyalty. Impulse buying on guys like Mario can mess up giving Blake that extra money he was later or ARob or Hurns or Linder. People think "oh we have the money lets jus spend it, it's 10 mil a year. Learn how the salary cap works before you talk, each signing not only effects this year but the following years depending on the contract. In the end we all LOVE the same team. GO JAGS!!!
Caldwell doesn't strike me as a guy who only looks in front of his nose.

I'm sure he knows how much he's going to have to pay our young guys in the future and he's prepared for it.

Oh... And this

Olivier Vernon has 32 combined sacks and hits over his last 7 games. Mario Williams has 31 combined sacks and hits over his last 29 games.

*cue photo of Kermit sipping tea*

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Caldwell doesn't strike me as a guy who only looks in front of his nose.

I'm sure he knows how much he's going to have to pay our young guys in the future and he's prepared for it.

I bro I don't think he is either, I was jus making a point to this dude. Caldwell has done great so far, we've gotten a lot of potential to compete thanks to him