Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: How comfortable should Bradley/Caldwell be with re-signing Henne?
Very comfortable. Henne knows the system and there isn't anyone that would be a clear upgrade.
Somewhat comfortable. Henne would be the priority at backup QB, but if he gets any other serious offers that exceed his value let him walk.
Henne is just a guy. There are several other names on that list that bring about the same thing to the table that Henne does so sign the cheapest one.
Not comfortable. There are several clear upgrades to Henne on that list.
corn
Blank #2
[Show Results]

Re-sign Henne?

Quote:Vick? That says a lot. Vick sucks. He sucked on a GOOD team. Hell, he got replaced by Landry Jones.

Vick.

LOL!
Saying Vick suck compared to Henne is blasphemy... Do i really need to compare careers? And Jones came in when Vick got hurt... Id take Jones over Henne as well..

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lol.. Sry this is funny ... Were you serious?

Did Henne hurt this team one bit in 2015?  When I look at the list of mediocrity you're getting excited about, it's clear you aren't operating at full capacity between the ears.  Based on circumstance alone, Henne is the guy this organization has been, and more than likely will continue to be the one they're most comfortable with backing up Bortles.  Unless some legitimate upgrade presents, he'll more than likely be re-signed.  Only a mental midget would consider Mike Vick or RGIII an upgrade BTW. 

Quote:You gotta understand. These guys come from a different mindset than normal people. This team has beat these guys into submission to where they actually crave mediocrity. 

Wow.  Did you want your change for that dime store analysis?  Unfortunately, it's intellectual paragons such as yourself who overreact at every possible move this team makes, and oddly enough, it's always to the negative.  I guess I could extrapolate from that that, by nature, you're a negative person, and that because of this, you're always going to take the downside of any situation.  Are you still required to use rubber sheets by any chance?

You think we crave mediocrity because we think a guy who has been in the system, knows the personnel, and understands what his role is.  I think when it comes to mediocrity, you're probably quite the expert. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Saying Vick suck compared to Henne is blasphemy... Do i really need to compare careers? And Jones came in when Vick got hurt... Id take Jones over Henne as well..
Vick sucks compared to just about any QB in the league at this point, including Henne.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Yet, you chose to go after my post. Should I consider you a stalker now?

Henne isn't nearly as bad as some of you MB GMs want to think. He's not going to be a clone of Bortles. His role is to hold a clipboard and not be catastrophically bad when / if called upon. He knows the system. He knows the personnel. He's fine for the role he plays. Didn't hurt this team once this season.

But why not upgrade if you can?

Quote:But why not upgrade if you can?

Because he knows the system and Blake's garage door code. Duh!

(This post was last modified: 01-06-2016, 09:34 PM by Sosa.)

Hell, give him an even better contract! We can't ruin our losing culture, so we need to keep our proven losers! Him and Bortles love to hang out every Saturday night and cutting him might depress Bortles. I'm thinking somewhere around 8yrs/15mil. Might not be able to sign Hurns after that, but who cares.

Quote:Vick sucks compared to just about any QB in the league at this point, including Henne.

He certainly doesn't "suck" compared to them.  However, what makes him unattractive compared to most of them is his age.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Saying Vick suck compared to Henne is blasphemy... Do i really need to compare careers? And Jones came in when Vick got hurt... Id take Jones over Henne as well..

Blasephemy.  Duuuhhhhhh?  Yeah, a great career has a whole hell of a lot to do with last year.

Tom Landry had a great career as a head coach.  Let's hire him.  Oh wait, he's dead....but he did have a great career.

[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:He certainly doesn't "suck" compared to them.  However, what makes him unattractive compared to most of them is his age.

I'm guessing you didn't see him play last year.

Out of all the problems on this team, you're starting a thread about a backup QB.

A backup QB.

Good grief.

Quote:Out of all the problems on this team, you're starting a thread about a backup QB.

A backup QB.

Good grief.
This.

So much this.

That's the nature of this board. Piss and moan about something, anything.... something gets fixed... find a new target.

Alfie syndrome I call it.

Always trying to cut or fire someone.

Quote:Out of all the problems on this team, you're starting a thread about a backup QB.

A backup QB.

Good grief.

So what? It's still a position on the team that is suddenly very important if the starting qb were to go down.

I don't understand the sentiment behind wanting to keep Henne just because he already knows the system. He still sucks. The bottom line is there are clear-cut upgrades out there, and if you can upgrade a position, why not do so?

There's also some logic to wanting someone who can come in and possibly finish the season off if need be. Blake's arm wore out as a rookie making him virtually ineffective in December 2014. This past year he made it through the season, but in December I noticed a conference where he was rubbing his arm and talking about wanting to rest it this offseason so it could heal. You never know if in any given season his arm could just go out. This past year he injured his shoulder, and yet the team couldn't even think of sitting him to let it heal up because Henne was the backup.

Get Chase Daniels in here and we can have some confidence about winning games even if Blake is out for a while. Moreover, a guy like Chase would give Blake some real competition, and that's only going to push him to be even better.

I for the life me me can't understand the argument saying, "it's not that critical a position so we should just ignore it."

'02

(This post was last modified: 01-07-2016, 10:24 AM by RicoTx.)

Quote:So what? It's still a position on the team that is suddenly very important if the starting qb were to go down.

Get Chase Daniels in here and we can have some confidence about winning games even if Blake is out for a while. Moreover, a guy like Chase would give Blake some real competition, and that's only going to push him to be even better.

Please tell me a team that isn't in trouble if their starter goes down.

Chase Daniel has thrown 77 passes in a 6 year career in the NFL, and he's going to give Bortles some 'real competition'?  Please.

Quote:Please tell me a team that isn't in trouble if their starter goes down.
Clots.

Seemed to do better once their starter went down....

tinhorns....

cuz that D

Denver

cuz that D, and Brock

its a rarity... that's for sure.

Quote:Please tell me a team that isn't in trouble if their starter goes down.

Chase Daniel has thrown 77 passes in a 6 year career in the NFL, and he's going to give Bortles some 'real competition'?  Please.

65% completion ratio ... 80 qb rating 

He gives you hope. Henne doesn't.

'02

A backup QB.

Good grief.
Quote:This.

So much this.

That's the nature of this board. [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moan about something, anything.... something gets fixed... find a new target.

Complaining about a thread? Good grief.

Quote:65% completion ratio ... 80 qb rating 

He gives you hope. Henne doesn't.

77 passes in six years.

77.  If he was such a great backup, why did the Saints not resign him?  How can anybody be sure how good he is with 77 career pass attempts?

Henne's qb rating was 80.7 in 2014.  Daniel's was 73.1.  Doesn't really mean much.

Quote:This.

So much this.

That's the nature of this board. [BAD WORD REMOVED] and moan about something, anything.... something gets fixed... find a new target.

The irony in this post is strong.

Quote:He certainly doesn't "suck" compared to them.  However, what makes him unattractive compared to most of them is his age.
I'm not sure age is even a concern considering the lack of mileage in recent years.  Backup QBs can have a pretty decent shelf life.  Ask Hasselbeck. 

A backup QB.

Good grief.

A total of 52 different QBs started games in 2015. 15 different teams started multiple QBs this year for one reason or another. Let that sink in. These numbers make it sound like your complaining just to complain, or you just don't have a grasp as to the importance of competent backup QB play. On top of that, Henne is a free agent so it's not as if we're talking about cutting a guy under contract. And lastly, as I mentioned in the OP, Gus is coaching for his life this year. You don't think he and the staff think the backup QB spot is important? Good grief indeed.