Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Myers has pretty much written his ticket out of town.

Quote:I agree... but my current sentiment where the young Myers is concerned is that there just has to be some little college out there that has a kicker who is probably more reliable than Jason Myers!
There are a lot of high schools out there with better kickers than 24-of-38.

I will not use his name on this board again until he's cut. He's "24-of-38" to me. Not worth the dignity of a name.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He's a critical element of the game since he's the responsible player for putting points on the board when given a free shot. He just can't do it consistently at the NFL level. Of all the college players out there on, what, 130 Div I college teams one must be able to be more consistent than this cat.

Regards................the Chiefjag

Tanking

(This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 05:27 PM by Vicbow Rules.)

Had the offense bailed out Myers he is probably still on the team next week.  That being said, I don't know how he can still be on this team Sunday.  6 XPs? 6?  

I could understand 2 heck even 3 as a rookie, but I do not believe that there isn't someone out there, a street free agent, who could not do better than 24 of 30 from 33 yds.

Hmm.  I have a triple negative in there.  I can't not figure out how to fix that.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

I've been okay with him on FG's and kickoffs. How he's been so bad on XP's is mind boggling. Even stranger is that he's 7/7 from FG's from 30-39 yards, but has struggled so much on XP's. 

Quote:Tanking
possible, but do you really think so??? :mellow:

Quote:Had the offense bails out Myers he is probably still on the team next week.  That being said, I don't know how he can still be on this team Sunday.  6 XPs? 6?  

I could understand 2 heck even 3 as a rookie, but I do not believe that there isn't someone out there, a street free agent, who could not do better than 24 of 30 from 33 yds.

Hmm.  I have a triple negative in there.  I can't not figure out how to fix that.
6 missed XP's just seem...inexplicable. Is that some kind'a record maybe? 

Practice, right?

How come it seems like he doesn't have any practice at kicking field goals????

Quote:6 missed XP's just seem...inexplicable. Is that some kind'a record maybe? 

Considering XP's are 10 yards farther for this first year, it most likely is a record. How he's been so bad at them but perfect on FG's from 30-39 yards is the crazy thing.

Quote:Had the offense bailed out Myers he is probably still on the team next week. That being said, I don't know how he can still be on this team Sunday. 6 XPs? 6?

Hmm. I have a triple negative in there. I can't not figure out how to fix that.

I noticed they said 51 xp's were missed this year and he has 6 of em.

Almost certain he has the most. 32 kickers averaging like 1.6-1.7 misses each and he has 6 just wow.

Quote:possible, but do you really think so??? :mellow:
Sarcasm, I will say that I as a fan don't feel as bad about this loss. I have been saying that wins are more important to this team than draft position, but if the kicker is costing us games not the red zone offense I can live with it. A better draft position can help improve our other huge issue which is the third down defense. I still really want to beat the clots next week though. 

Draft position my butt. We've drafted in the top 10 for 10 years without any significant success. New England drafts in the bottom of the order every year and they are doing just fine. We need coaching, draft prowess, and gameday strategy.

Quote:Draft position my butt. We've drafted in the top 10 for 10 years without any significant success. New England drafts in the bottom of the order every year and they are doing just fine. We need coaching, draft prowess, and gameday strategy.
This. I'd love it if, just once, our late-season mantra was "win for the playoffs" instead of "lose for the pick".

Quote:Draft position my butt. We've drafted in the top 10 for 10 years without any significant success. New England drafts in the bottom of the order every year and they are doing just fine. We need coaching, draft prowess, and gameday strategy.

Blake Bortles

Quote:I've been okay with him on FG's and kickoffs. How he's been so bad on XP's is mind boggling. Even stranger is that he's 7/7 from FG's from 30-39 yards, but has struggled so much on XP's. 

I don't understand the guy at all. He's been fairly consistent from 50+ too, outside of the Colts game. But ask him to hit the XP and he looks like someone shoots a bullet at him and he panics.

I'm at the same point that I was weeks ago; the team's not going anywhere this year, so see if he figures out how to kick an XP. If not, cut him. What difference does it really make? The Titans just hung up 42 on this team's defense. It's not like Myers is holding the team back from being a contender. He's still got a big leg, so, at least there's something positive.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:Considering XP's are 10 yards farther for this first year, it most likely is a record. How he's been so bad at them but perfect on FG's from 30-39 yards is the crazy thing.
No other franchise would let someone miss at least 4 and keep them. He should have been gone weeks ago

Bye bye Oscar

Quote:They just need a new kicker. Whether a guy can kick a 60+ yarder is almost irrelevant, whether he can reliably hit from 40 and in is what's most important.

And that's all he needed to do. That all they asked of him when dumping Scobee. This kid grinds my gears. Just stick with the vet kickeres from now on. No more project kickers. Sheesh.

'If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.' - Frank Zappa

Quote:I don't understand the guy at all. He's been fairly consistent from 50+ too, outside of the Colts game. But ask him to hit the XP and he looks like someone shoots a bullet at him and he panics.

I'm at the same point that I was weeks ago; the team's not going anywhere this year, so see if he figures out how to kick an XP. If not, cut him. What difference does it really make? The Titans just hung up 42 on this team's defense. It's not like Myers is holding the team back from being a contender. He's still got a big leg, so, at least there's something positive.

At this point we have seen enough. You can't trust this guy.

I still want to know why his first extra point was from the left hash instead of from the middle.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!