Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
***Official Jaguars Vs. Chargers Game Day Thread***

I see that we have 2 extra offensive linemen for today's game.  What happens if we lose 3 guys.  In baseball you have a concept of the "Emergency Catcher", a guy whose not a catcher but will do ii if both guys get hurt.  

What would our doomsday scenario be?  You think someone like Tyson has at least practiced it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Last time we won a game convincingly? Was it the Browns game (24-6)?

We're certainly due a convincing win. I'm thinking 27-17 Jags.

BTW, there's an interesting twist this week...

<p style="margin-left:40px;">Chris Smith is active.

'02

Quote:I see that we have 2 extra offensive linemen for today's game.  What happens if we lose 3 guys.  In baseball you have a concept of the "Emergency Catcher", a guy whose not a catcher but will do ii if both guys get hurt.  

What would our doomsday scenario be?  You think someone like Tyson has at least practiced it?

We could end up moving Parnell inside with a TE playing RT.

'02

Quote:I completely agree, we've seen plenty of Yeldon in short yardage situations, and he's not at all effective. The Jaguars don't have a player right now that can push for that couple of crucial yards in those situations the way someone like MJD once did.

Yeldon is fine. It's the line.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Yeldon is fine. It's the line.

Yep. When Taylor and MJD ran the ball, they had Manuwai, Meester and Naeole in their prime up the middle.

Quote:Yep. When Taylor and MJD ran the ball, they had Manuwai, Meester and Naeole in their prime up the middle.
And also Mo Williams and Khalifa Barnes. The line was average in pass protection, but one of, if not THE best run blocking line during the mid 2000s.
No commercial messages in sigs

I am sick and tired of losing to the Chargers! that ends today! Somebody tell Everbank Field security to lock the gates-because the Chargers are not getting out of Jacksonville with a W. The 12th Jag will ensure of that.

Go Jags!

Quote:Yeldon is fine. It's the line.

He's just a guy, and you're making my case for me, we've seen enough runs up the gut at the goal line, it's not working. The line isn't good enough to make Yeldon look good and Yeldon isn't good enough to move the pile.

Quote:He's just a guy, and you're making my case for me, we've seen enough runs up the gut at the goal line, it's not working. The line isn't good enough to make Yeldon look good and Yeldon isn't good enough to move the pile.

lol just a guy

Quote:lol just a guy
I wouldn't take anything Seldom Right says seriously. 

Quote:Yep. When Taylor and MJD ran the ball, they had Manuwai, Meester and Naeole in their prime up the middle.

As an all-time OL, imagine these three in the middle with Boselli and Searcy outside.

'02

Go Jags!

I can see a win. Or a loss. Maybe a tie game.

Blake growing a beard or what?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Go Jags!!!  I don't have a good feeling about this one...  But let's see what happens.

Oh and happy Thanksgiving to all you miserable fools!

Quote:Blake growing a beard or what?
what

I hear there's an accident out there... traffic leading up to the game... so the bank should still be filling up for a while.

'02

Quote:Go Jags!!!  I don't have a good feeling about this one...  But let's see what happens.

Oh and happy Thanksgiving to all you miserable fools!
I feel the same... but lets GET IT ON!!! anyway....

whut

Beards and tats are played out