Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags playing Colts in London in 2016

Quote:You for even making that statement...I guess you go to football games every day, right?
Well played.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lets be honest. This team is in no position to be [BAD WORD REMOVED] season ticket holders off. Its not like there is a wait list or anything. I saw guys getting decent tickets for $15 at the TNF game the other night. Cancelling season tickets and going on a per-game basis is probably your best bet for the next few years.

Nobody is stopping you

The only bad thing out of this sounds like we have a very early bye week. I don't like that part.

Quote:1. I'm stoked they let the Jags keep the Green Bay game.

2. Does this mean we'll finally be favored going into a London game?
I think so. Like I said, teams that haven't played in London consistently come out and demonstrate an inability to compete. This will be the Colts' first trip to London. I expect nothing less than a blowout from a team like the Jaguars who have already adjusted to playing there.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:We complain if they take a non-conference game like the Packers because fans rarely see that team, so they take a division game of a team we see every year and we're also complaining?

They *have* to take one game away. They can only accommodate our wishes so much.
The Texans game would have been a better option considering how bad a draw that game is each year (not sure why either).

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Lets be honest. This team is in no position to be [BAD WORD REMOVED] season ticket holders off. Its not like there is a wait list or anything. I saw guys getting decent tickets for $15 at the TNF game the other night. Cancelling season tickets and going on a per-game basis is probably your best bet for the next few years.

I think you've listed the very reason why Khan sees it as imperative to have a game in London. Or should he just eat the loses so he doesn't offend a handful of season ticket holders?

Khan was already eating the costs (quite a bit) of tickets the team bought to avoid blackouts - prior to the NFL giving up it's blackout policy.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I think so. Like I said, teams that haven't played in London consistently come out and demonstrate an inability to compete. This will be the Colts' first trip to London. I expect nothing less than a blowout from a team like the Jaguars who have already adjusted to playing there.

I think that has more to do with the poor skill level of teams playing in London. It didn't seem to help the Jags in year two and three of playing there.

"Nothing less than a blowout." Dream on.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:I think you've listed the very reason why Khan sees it as imperative to have a game in London. Or should he just eat the loses so he doesn't offend a handful of season ticket holders?

Khan was already eating the costs (quite a bit) of tickets the team bought to avoid blackouts - prior to the NFL giving up it's blackout policy.

It is a challenge keeping 2 parties happy in any facet of life.

It's kind of funny to see all the griping here. This was probably a compromise between the league, which wanted to move the Packers game, and Khan, who wanted to keep the Packers in town. Bet you anything that if the league had prevailed and moved the Packers game, the same people would be pissing and moaning about how the NFL keeps taking away our best games.

I don't like this.

I want Indy at the bank.

However London has a ton of fans!

Quote:I don't like this.

I want Indy at the bank.

However London has a ton of fans!

*and surrounding areas... :thumbsup:

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:Games in UK are comical. The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams. What a joke.

Superbowl games are comical. The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams. What a joke.

Quote:Well played.

LoL... Thank you, Sir !

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:So somebody that has supported this team from the outset is 'whining' because they are getting a game taken away from them every year?  And your solution is not to buy tickets anymore.  I'm just not going to comment other than to say I guess you're entitled to your opinion.

I'll let you in a a little secret.  I've supported the team since their inception.  I was finally able to afford season tickets in 1998 and held them until 2009.  I stopped them only because my job had me out of town more often than not during football season, and I couldn't justify the expense.  I picked up again last season knowing that there was one less home game.  I have been happy with and enjoy my purchase, though sometimes I still can't go to games.

I really don't give a flying flip which "home game" gets played in England, and quite frankly, I'm kind of glad that it's the game against Indianapolis.  Most of the time those games are pretty bad (at home).  I really can care less that it's a divisional game.  In all reality, fans should support this decision because it's a divisional game.  It makes the game in London matter more.

However, some fans will cry because they feel like the "lose" something.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:The Texans game would have been a better option considering how bad a draw that game is each year (not sure why either).

I disagree.  Take a look at the current season and look into the future.  The NFL does not want a "lopsided" game in the UK.  The perception right now is that the Jaguars are going to be "relevant" next season as well as the Colts.  That's a bigger draw.  The Texans are flailing and trying to figure out their quarterback position.  Honestly... who really wants to watch a game between the Jaguars and the Texans?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:I think that has more to do with the poor skill level of teams playing in London. It didn't seem to help the Jags in year two and three of playing there.

"Nothing less than a blowout." Dream on.
Doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Wow, if there was one game the Jaguars should have vetoed moving to London, it's the colts game. It's just way too important from a divisional crown respect. Moving a game vs an NFC opponent makes sense, losing a home game against NFC opponent has much less impact than losing a home game against the team you're fighting for the division title.

Quote:Superbowl games are comical. The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams. What a joke.

I don't see multi team apparel being worn by people in the stands during the Super Bowl. We know better.

Quote:Superbowl games are comical. The fans in the stadium are wearing apparel from other 30 NFL teams. What a joke.

SB tickets are the joke.  Average fans can't attend hence the wide array of gear seen at the game.

Huh

P.S.  Colts game in London.  Lame  :down:

Huh