Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
People always saying "next year is our year" (merged "Playoffs" threads)

Quote:This team is a couple plays away from 7-3 as it is. Add a quality Olineman or two and a pass rush and this should certainly be a playoff team in 2016. The offense, while inconsistent still, is overflowing with young and talented players. Caldwell has done one great job of building the offense, whether the pitchfork and doomsday crowd wants to admit it or not.

David Caldwell is by far the best GM in the NFL. Look at how he turned this team around in just three years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:This team is a couple plays away from 7-3 as it is. Add a quality Olineman or two and a pass rush and this should certainly be a playoff team in 2016. The offense, while inconsistent still, is overflowing with young and talented players. Caldwell has done one helluva job of building the offense, whether the pitchfork and doomsday crowd wants to admit it or not.

I absolutely agree and I'd like to add: We are a year of experience (across the board) from 7-3. This year we are figuring it out, next year is a step.

Quote:I absolutely agree and I'd like to add: We are a year of experience (across the board) from 7-3. This year we are figuring it out, next year is a step.

This year is a step. Next year is a bigger one.

Quote:I absolutely agree and I'd like to add: We are a year of experience (across the board) from 7-3. This year we are figuring it out, next year is a step.

It falls right in line with what Caldwell said earlier in the year. This team has progressed from losing big to now losing small. Next year I think they find a way to win more of these close games. Carolina, Houston, Indy, Tampa, New York. All those games were very well within reach by the 4th quarter. I expect they will gain valuable experience from those close losses.

Quote:It falls right in line with what Caldwell said earlier in the year. This team has progressed from losing big to now losing small. Next year I think they find a way to win more of these close games. Carolina, Houston, Indy, Tampa, New York. All those games were very well within reach by the 4th quarter. I expect they will gain valuable experience from those close losses.

Carolina (20-9) and Houston (31-13 IIRC) were big losses. You are right about the other games. All four wins (Miami, Buffalo, Baltimore, and Tennessee) were close, so we sometimes go from close losses to close wins as well.

(This post was last modified: 11-20-2015, 11:06 PM by Treestone Ice.)

We were leading in the 4th qtr of the Houston game 14 to 10. And the final score was 31-20, IIRC.

The Carolina game was very close until Myers missed a field goal and Blake threw a pick 6 on Carolinas side of the field. Neither of those games were big losses, despite what the scoreboard read.

Lol @ The Chargers being the easiest game left on our schedule. Rivers shreds us every time we play them and it's highly likely he's going to shred us again. Our Pass Defense is terrible. The difference is this time we might actually have an Offense that can keep us in the game vs their bad Defense.

Division games are always tough regardless. The Falcons / Saints both have Offenses' that can shred us. Luckily their Defenses are both pretty bad.

Chargers and Falcons are far and away our toughest match ups still.

I think this year is interesting. I fear it is a miracle we are even 4-6, but at the same time a few plays here and there and all but 2 of our games seemed very winnable. I really, really dislike Gus as a coach, I am off the bus.. But if we get a pass rush and a fs we will be okay. If they let Gus come back next year and we find an answer at those 2 spots... We could actually be a very, very dangerous team. 

why!!!!!!!!!!!!! why are you talking about next year we still have this year to finesh.   This season isn't over yet. 

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

Quote:I think this year is interesting. I fear it is a miracle we are even 4-6, but at the same time a few plays here and there and all but 2 of our games seemed very winnable. I really, really dislike Gus as a coach, I am off the bus.. But if we get a pass rush and a fs we will be okay. If they let Gus come back next year and we find an answer at those 2 spots... We could actually be a very, very dangerous team. 

Why does anybody think there is any remote possibility Gus Bradley will lose his job? Shad Khan has said many times he will NEVER fire his coach.

Quote:Why does anybody think there is any remote possibility Gus Bradley will lose his job? Shad Khan has said many times he will NEVER fire his coach.

Oh no.. Gus forever?!?!
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

At best I would expect 3-3, but we probably will lose one of our division games.

Quote:Oh no.. Gus forever?!?!

Gus forever.

Quote:David Caldwell is by far the best GM in the NFL. Look at how he turned this team around in just three years.

He's done a tremendous job. His free agents are starting to make a lot of plays also, which is where he always recieved the most scrutiny.

In one off season he not only fixed the WR position, but made that one of the teams strengths! All of those years just looking for one capable body that could be relied on and now we have potentially 4-5 special players, that's mind blowing to me. He appears to have hit on his QB too, which as we know isn't ever an easy task. I have faith he'll get the defense better next year and hopefully figure out how to strengthen the offensive line.

We no longer have to look at a roster with holes everywhere anymore. A few key areas, plus maturity, and we should be able to see constant improvement in our record year over year.

<teal glasses engaged>

[Image: 59373501.jpg]

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

We

WE

We believe

WE BELIEVE

We believe in Victory

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

Quote:We

WE

We believe

WE BELIEVE

We believe in Victory

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

WE BELIEVE IN VICTORY!

As long as the Jags keep winning, i could care less how much of a fool he makes himself look like.. He can OD on Chunky Monkey, rip his shirt off after a win and show his patches of back hair in HD on live TV, just couldn't care less..

Just keep winning dammit..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

[Image: image.png]

Though if we lose another game or two, it'll be back to everyone wanting this....

[Image: 60244629.jpg]

Right now we're playing without our best offensive lineman, our best defensive lineman, and our 2015 #1 draft pick, so that's a lot to look forward to next year.