Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Do your job

Quote:Gratz sucks, bro...  

Saying that McCray got "beat out" means that we are to assume that BeerGut understands how to evaluate talent.  The same [BLEEP] that demoted House for Gratz...

I'm sorry, but you can't use the McCray "got beat out" arguement.  BeerGut hasn't earned the respect to concede that point.  
McCray sucks worse, bro...

He was given starting reps in practice and a chance to prove himself. He ended up back on the bench.

You can try to pretend he is better than he is. It's not going to get him off the pine.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 10:45 PM by JackCity.)

You can give out about Gus all you want but this loss was mostly on the players in my eyes.

Bortles is a great improviser but in situations like the fumble he just has to try to think of the big picture instead of trying to force something.Endless potential if he does manage to curb his natural style a bit.

Marshall flat out bottled it in the same way Bortles did,didn't think of the big picture and just try to secure the kick first.These are young players so its no shock that these things happen but going forward they just need to grow up that bit extra.

All comes down to this team being young and not knowing how to win.Despite Gus's lack of coaching prowess the wins are there for the players taking.

Gus won't bring us to the next level that much is clear.  

Quote:You can give out about Gus all you want but this loss was mostly on the players in my eyes.

Bortles is a great improviser but in situations like the fumble he just has to try to think of the big picture instead of trying to force something.Endless potential if he does manage to curb his natural style a bit.

Marshall flat out bottled it in the same way Bortles did,didn't think of the big picture and just try to secure the kick first.These are young players so its no shock that these things happen but going forward they just need to grow up that bit extra.

All comes down to this team being young and not knowing how to win.Despite Gus's lack of coaching prowess the wins are there for the taking.

Sometimes a fear of failure is a far greater motivator than the will to succeed. 
I agree. I thought the coaches brought a winning game plan and the players for the most part executed it well. The turnovers were what killed us.

Gratz is not good. And being a Uconn fan I knew that when was drafted.  But people went with the word of the other Uconn fan.  And a few years later.  I guess I do know something after all. 

Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Quote:I agree. I thought the coaches brought a winning game plan and the players for the most part executed it well. The turnovers were what killed us.

3 offensive turnovers plus a Muffed Punt turnover gets a team beat "almost" every time.

This is the NFL. 4 turnovers = Loss

Quote:3 offensive turnovers plus a Muffed Punt turnover gets a team beat "almost" every time.

This is the NFL. 4 turnovers = Loss
To their credit they kept bouncing back and almost survived them against a pretty good team.

Quote:If we catch the punt, tuck the ball instead of dancing around in the pocket, not get caught holding on the most important drive of the game...we probably win. Simple stuff. Just do your job. That wasn't done today.

Sadly it was the only time this year I thought hmm maybe Nick Marshall isnt a total waste of space on the roster... and then wham  he blows that catch...

sigh.. Gus needs to cut that guy...

Quote:Maybe Walters muffed some punts in practice this week.

I actually thought muffed punt aside Marshall looked pretty explosive on the return

Several times he got very good yardage so I thought him standing back there was a sign we were being aggressive

In the end it cost us

Quote:Sorry but one payer making a mistake doesn't magically make another player who has also never been in that situation the obvious more reliable choice. Too many people are trying to evaluate decisions using hindsight bias. They act like the knowledge that a certain player would make a mistake or something would go wrong was available at the time of the decision. 
Bingo.  This is what's wrong with all the post-game criticisms.  Fans just making stuff up with no basis in reality.  A player drops a punt and GUS CAN'T COACH!  HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN MARSHALL WOULD DROP THAT PUNT!  ANYBODY COULD SEE MARSHALL WAS GOING TO DROP THAT PUNT!

Quote:Bingo.  This is what's wrong with all the post-game criticisms.  Fans just making stuff up with no basis in reality.  A player drops a punt and GUS CAN'T COACH!  HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN MARSHALL WOULD DROP THAT PUNT!  ANYBODY COULD SEE MARSHALL WAS GOING TO DROP THAT PUNT!
That one play doesn't make Gus a bad coach. This one game doesn't make Gus a bad coach.

It's just about every single game before this one.

Quote:You obviously don't know much about the NFL. Teams create special plays for certain players all the time, especially for ones with unique skillsets. They did it for Denard Robinson when he first got here.

They have play books the size of a phone book. Are you really that naive that you think NFL coaches don't design plays around a certain player's skill sets?

It's not clever, it's called reality.

Again, not around 4th/5th string players, and not during critical moments in games. 

I do like that your one cited example... is another Gus Bradley decision... one that even he admits didn't work out.

Being "fast" isn't a Unique Skillset.  He's simply slightly faster than other players on the team. 

Again... history has already dictated that this "package of plays" for Grant was a bad idea.  Which reminds me... what's he done since then?

I'm sure, since it's so common, you can easily come up with a nice list of examples of OTHER Coaches who have installed packages for 4th/5th string RBs, so I'll just wait for that list.  I'm sure it's going to be pretty long and may take you some time.

PA Jags Fan
;
; Supporting from long distance

Quote:Again, not around 4th/5th string players, and not during critical moments in games. 

I do like that your one cited example... is another Gus Bradley decision... one that even he admits didn't work out.

Being "fast" isn't a Unique Skillset.  He's simply slightly faster than other players on the team. 

Again... history has already dictated that this "package of plays" for Grant was a bad idea.  Which reminds me... what's he done since then?

I'm sure, since it's so common, you can easily come up with a nice list of examples of OTHER Coaches who have installed packages for 4th/5th string RBs, so I'll just wait for that list.  I'm sure it's going to be pretty long and may take you some time.
What does his draft spot have to do with anything? He is on the 53 man roster. Draft spot is now insignificant.

I don't have time to look up all the players who teams created special plays for, but Darren Sproles is an easy example of where coaches on another team came up with special plays to get a player with a unique skill set involved in the offense. Untill a coach on another team figured this out, Sproles was limited to a special teams player only.

Bradley actually outcoached the Jets head coach in this game.  For the most part, the Jaguars stayed very aggressive and the players made the costly mistakes.  I feel like the Jets played a stupidly conservative game that allowed the Jaguars to hang around.

Quote:What does his draft spot have to do with anything? He is on the 53 man roster. Draft spot is now insignificant.

I don't have time to look up all the players who teams created special plays for, but Darren Sproles is an easy example of where coaches on another team came up with special plays to get a player with a unique skill set involved in the offense. Untill a coach on another team figured this out, Sproles was limited to a special teams player only.

First... no one said anything about Draft Position... are you just making up random things to argue against now?

Second.  When, exactly, was Darren Sproles a 4th or 5th string RB?

At his lowest, he was the 3rd String RB behind LT and Turner, and was their return man.  They didn't "install special packages" for him... they let him return kicks until 2007 when Turner was getting traded not getting traded what's he doing, no one knows.. ok, go ahead and run a few times.

Being that Grant is also not a return man  (all of 8 attempts)... I'm still not even sure why he's suited up on Sundays.

So again, you claim it's all the time, but you still can't provide a SINGLE example of a 4th/5th string RB having a special package of plays for him.  Sorry, but it's your claim.  The burden of proof lies on you.

PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:First... no one said anything about Draft Position... are you just making up random things to argue against now?

At his lowest, he was the 3rd String RB behind LT and Turner, and was their return man.  They didn't "install special packages" for him... they let him return kicks until 2007 when Turner was getting traded not getting traded what's he doing, no one knows.. ok, go ahead and run a few times.

Being that Grant is also not a return man  (all of 8 attempts)... I'm still not even sure why he's suited up on Sundays.

So again, you claim it's all the time, but you still can't provide a SINGLE example of a 4th/5th string RB having a special package of plays for him.  Sorry, but it's your claim.  The burden of proof lies on you.

Haha man you're killing him, Predator should've waived the white flag a couple pages ago. You're making too much sense, I agree with everything you've said.

Quote:You obviously don't know much about the NFL. Teams create special plays for certain players all the time, especially for ones with unique skillsets. They did it for Denard Robinson when he first got here.

They have play books the size of a phone book. Are you really that naive that you think NFL coaches don't design plays around a certain player's skill sets?

It's not clever, it's called reality.

Besides straight line speed what other "unique" skill-set does Corey Grant possess? 

Quote:First... no one said anything about Draft Position... are you just making up random things to argue against now?

Sproles was the bottom of the depth chart at RB and a special teams player. He wasn't involved in the offense untill a few years into his career when he became a situational player that plays were designed to utilize his skills. There was a reason he wasn't involved in the offense earlier. The coaches had to figure out the best way to utilize him and that was by designing plays for him.

Grant was a player put on the roster by Caldwell and it is the coaches job is to figure out the best ways to use the players on the roster, even the 4th stringers.

Why does this concept blow your mind? They pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to be on the roster but the coaches aren't supposed to figure out a way to use him?

If you don't like the fact that Grant is on the roster, blame Caldwell. But don't complain that the coaches design plays to utilize him, that's their job Einstein.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2015, 05:19 PM by Predator.)

Quote:Besides straight line speed what other "unique" skill-set does Corey Grant possess? 
His speed and the fact he was put on the roster by the GM with the hopes of fioguring out how to utilize that speed are more than enough reason to design plays for him.

It's pretty stupid to complain about the coaches doing their due diligence with the players assigned to their roster.

Quote:Sproles was the bottom of the depth chart at RB and a special teams player. He wasn't involved in the offense untill a few years into his career when he became a situational player that plays were designed to utilize his skills. There was a reason he wasn't involved in the offense earlier. The coaches had to figure out the best way to utilize him and that was by designing plays for him.

Grant was a player put on the roster by Caldwell and it is the coaches job is to figure out the best ways to use the players on the roster, even the 4th stringers.

Why does this concept blow your mind? They pay him hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to be on the roster but the coaches aren't supposed to figure out a way to use him?

If you don't like the fact that Grant is on the roster, blame Caldwell. But don't complain that the coaches design plays to utilize him, that's their job Einstein.

First off.. 4th/5th string players are on rosters for a reason. It's called depth.

And yes. Sproles was the 3rd string RB for a reason. Two of them actually.

Their names are Tomlinson and Turner.

Also... You do realize what you just said... Right? He wasn't used even as a situational player until a few years into his career... Namely when Turner went to the Falcons, and he became the RB 2...

I don't even have to argue any more... You're now arguing my point for me...

Thanks!
PA Jags Fan
;

Quote:His speed and the fact he was put on the roster by the GM with the hopes of fioguring out how to utilize that speed are more than enough reason to design plays for him.

It's pretty stupid to complain about the coaches doing their due diligence with the players assigned to their roster.

So his unique skill set is... He fast and he on roster...

You... Should really just quit trying... You aren't helping your cause at ALL.
PA Jags Fan
;