Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Great analysis from ESPN on Bortles' improvement.

Quote:JAGANTICUS or whatever his name is

He pretty much hates everything about the current Jaguars.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:4) Yes, he has made some significant strides individually but it has't done anything for the team.

Was you watching when he threw that game winner dime to Hurns against Buffalo?

You guys are aware that you're trying to reason with a stump, right?

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Quote:I'd say something like 63% 7.0 YPA 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio around 225 YPG is close to league average.

So if a player doesn't meet those requirements, they're below league average. Got it.

Brett Favre went to the Pro Bowl and was a first team All Pro in 1996/1997. That's good going for a guy who - according to Baconator - was below the league average.

Baconator = Greatest Poster ever!!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote:I'd say something like 63% 7.0 YPA 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio around 225 YPG is close to league average.

I'm not on my computer, so I cannot refute this right now. However, I have a feeling this perception of what an average qb is inflated.

Also, for those who don't watch Blake actually plat football, he throws the ball downfield at a significantly higher pace than your tom Brady's and the like. The jags don't play the check down, dink, and dunk passing game... This is part of the reason his percentage is not 60 percent. However, he is at 58.9%, its not as though he's significantly below 60%.

I'm glad he's our qb. Those who want to critique him, like baconator are blinded by their own fandom, and are not thinking objectively.

Quote:Baconator = Greatest Poster ever!!

Maybe he is the GOAT ( Greatest Of All Trolls)

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I'm not on my computer, so I cannot refute this right now. However, I have a feeling this perception of what an average qb is inflated.

Also, for those who don't watch Blake actually plat football, he throws the ball downfield at a significantly higher pace than your tom Brady's and the like. The jags don't play the check down, dink, and dunk passing game... This is part of the reason his percentage is not 60 percent. However, he is at 58.9%, its not as though he's significantly below 60%.

I'm glad he's our qb. Those who want to critique him, like baconator are blinded by their own fandom, and are not thinking objectively.

Come on, man. You're crazy. You know that most of those deep passes happen during garbage time. What's wrong with you?

[Image: garbage.jpeg]

<i>Behold man's final mad disgrace.</i>

<i>He chops his nose to spite his face.</i>

-Etrigan the Demon

So using the milestones of:

63% Completion Rate, 7.0 Yards Per Attempt, 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio and 225 Yards Per Game

I found out the following...

Starting QBs with less than 63% Completion Rate include Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Sam Bradford, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Nick Foles, Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck (I'm assuming they are leaving out his INTs as completions) and Cam Newton.

Starting QBs with less than 7.0 Yards Per Attempt include Joe Flacco, Kirk Cousins, Sam Bradford and Andrew Luck. Interestingly enough, there are only seven Quarterbacks this season with YPA of <7.0, Bortles being one.

Starting QBs with a TD:INT ratio of 1.8:1 or less include Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Teddy Bridgewater, JOe Flacco, and... well a whole lot of QBs actually. In fact, there are only 11 starting QBs with a ratio greater than 1.8:1, with Bortles having one with 1.875:1.

The 225 YPG mark is a little odd seeing as how Aaron Rodgers doesn't even meet that mark, nor does Cam Newton or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Bortles does however rank in the top 16 of all QBs this season with a mark of 258.9.

Not real certain what this tells us, but it's Friday so I had a little time on my hands.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Blake is passing the eye test.  Good enough for me.  Who doesn't want more wins but this year isn't going to be strong in the Win Column.

First round pick is out for the season and we have drafted so much on one side of the ball.  Team needs more talent and development.  Coaching staff is suspect but is getting the remainder of the year.  We shall see.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:So using the milestones of:

63% Completion Rate, 7.0 Yards Per Attempt, 1.8:1 TD:INT ratio and 225 Yards Per Game

I found out the following...

Starting QBs with less than 63% Completion Rate include Peyton Manning, Ryan Tannehill, Sam Bradford, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Jay Cutler, Nick Foles, Jameis Winston, Andrew Luck (I'm assuming they are leaving out his INTs as completions) and Cam Newton.

Starting QBs with less than 7.0 Yards Per Attempt include Joe Flacco, Kirk Cousins, Sam Bradford and Andrew Luck. Interestingly enough, there are only seven Quarterbacks this season with YPA of <7.0, Bortles being one.

Starting QBs with a TD:INT ratio of 1.8:1 or less include Peyton Manning, Sam Bradford, Ben Roethlisberger, Andrew Luck, Kirk Cousins, Matthew Stafford, Teddy Bridgewater, JOe Flacco, and... well a whole lot of QBs actually. In fact, there are only 11 starting QBs with a ratio greater than 1.8:1, with Bortles having one with 1.875:1.

The 225 YPG mark is a little odd seeing as how Aaron Rodgers doesn't even meet that mark, nor does Cam Newton or Ryan Fitzpatrick. Bortles does however rank in the top 16 of all QBs this season with a mark of 258.9.

Not real certain what this tells us, but it's Friday so I had a little time on my hands.

Well clearly, it tells us that Bacon is right.  He clearly has a strong grasp, based on scientific statistical analysis that BB5 is below average and will never be good.  His PhD in philosophical scientology has given him a profound ability to make garbage up and ensure his legendary status in his own delusions.  

Thanks, Deacon for pulling these numbers and giving them actual meaning.  Unlike Bacon, who just throws garbage against the wall like most science of philosophy PhD candidates do... 

I wish I could give you multiple +1's, but I can't.  However, it's clear that while bacon is only a candidate for a PhD in the philosophy of science, you clearly have a better understanding of science, philosophy, and how statistics actually work in real life.  Kudos my friend.

Baconator and clotswarrior should get a room and have troll babies.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Quote:Well clearly, it tells us that Bacon is right.  He clearly has a strong grasp, based on scientific statistical analysis that BB5 is below average and will never be good.  His PhD in philosophical scientology has given him a profound ability to make garbage up and ensure his legendary status in his own delusions.  

Thanks, Deacon for pulling these numbers and giving them actual meaning.  Unlike Bacon, who just throws garbage against the wall like most science of philosophy PhD candidates do... 

I wish I could give you multiple +1's, but I can't.  However, it's clear that while bacon is only a candidate for a PhD in the philosophy of science, you clearly have a better understanding of science, philosophy, and how statistics actually work in real life.  Kudos my friend.

Your kind words are +1 enough for me. And hey, trolls gotta troll right? It's just what they do.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Well clearly, it tells us that Bacon is right.  He clearly has a strong grasp, based on scientific statistical analysis that BB5 is below average and will never be good.  His PhD in philosophical scientology has given him a profound ability to make garbage up and ensure his legendary status in his own delusions.  

Ugh, now you're going to make Deacon completely insufferable!! 

:teehee: <---

Quote:Ugh, now you're going to make Deacon completely insufferable!! 

I'm glad that I'm soooooooo much smarter than you so that my superior intellectual stuff allows me to suffer your presence.

You guys like me, right?

Quote:Ugh, now you're going to make Deacon completely insufferable!! 

Completely insufferable?  As though until just now he was merely tolerable?  

Bortles needs cutting. Mallet and Barkley are avilable why not get them?

Quote:I'm glad that I'm soooooooo much smarter than you so that my superior intellectual stuff allows me to suffer your presence.

You guys like me, right?

LOL,

Reminds me Ferris Bueller:  It's understanding that allows people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

:teehee:

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 12:11 PM by Deacon.)

Quote:LOL,

Reminds me Ferris Bueller:  It's understanding that allows people like us to tolerate a person like yourself.

:teehee:

Well, when you are the Sausage King of Chicago...

Quote:I'm glad that I'm soooooooo much smarter than you so that my superior intellectual stuff allows me to suffer your presence.

You guys like me, right?
Nucleoud technician or something like that. Pfft. 

Quote:Completely insufferable?  As though until just now he was merely tolerable?  
He WAS until now.