Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles has 15 TDs thru 7 games

Quote:You are so on.

Does it start at the top, and proceed during the slide to the bottom?

I think that is the official rule for "Duels at Modis"

Wait, will the hot dog cart be there that early?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I seriously can't believe anybody is still mentioning Gabbert and Bortles in the same thought.
I cringe a little every time this lazy comparison shows up around here. 

Clayton on Bortles improvement:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:13986273

Quote:halfway through the 3rd quarter down 30 to 3. That's garbage time, especially when you watch that game and know the actual context.

Down 17 (thanks to Blake's pick 6) with 7 mins left in the game? Sorry, I don't know what team you think you've been watching, but I'm pretty sure 99% of the fanbase knew that game was over as soon as Blake threw that pick 6. 

A blown onside kick call away from winning the game? We lost by 11 points. Even after Hurns' TD, we STILL needed either two TDs or a TD, 2 PT conversion, and a kick to win that game. Not to mention Blake threw another horrible INT at the end.

Blake has made improvements, but his 2nd half play has not been good at all, and probably cost us those three games. Kinda like last year when he lost us Miami and Pittsburgh with questionable decision making late in the game.

Lol...... if you start taking away TDs when teams are up or down by 17 points with 7 minutes to go then a lot of QBs are losing TDs.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/andrew-l...olis-colts

May want to take away a lot of Lucks td's then...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/andrew-l...olis-colts

May want to take away a lot of Lucks td's then...

Yup. Luck as 12 TDs this season and here are some of them:

Down 24 vs Buffalo with 0:32 left in the 3rd.

Down 19 vs Buffalo with 5:56 left in the 4th.

Down 13 vs New England with 1:19 left in the 4th.

Down 13 vs New Orleans with 3:05 left in the 4th.

Quote:I don't feel I'm making any excuses. I stated that he routinely overthrows and throws behind receivers. That's the largest issue. He also doesn't always find/see the open guy at all. That's also legitimately worrisome - but he's still young in the grand scheme of things for that particular issue.

I also recognize that the number of drops he suffers are very likely on the "high end" of the spectrum for the league. I'm not excusing anything - simply recognizing another reason why the number is so low.

^^ This is all very accurate IMO.

Bortles definitely still has some "worrisome" attributes to his game particularly with accuracy. Anyone not wanting to acknowledge that is just not seeing reality IMO.

-There have been many throws this year that have been definitely off the mark.

-There have been alot of great catches by Robinson and Hurns that probably should've been more "routine" receptions if the throw was more accurate.

-There have been wide open guys that BB didn't see.

-There also has been alot of drops on the "high end" of the spectrum, as you said.

-There has been some really great throws too.

Bortles is a definite "Gamer" IMO. He's most likely going to keep improving on those worrisome attributes (hopefully). Even with his level of current play,, I'd still take him over alot of QBs in the league right now.

He would be a terrific QB on a team with a strong running game. Jags current situation means that Bortles has to do about everything,, which is still a little too much to ask IMO. If the running game gets alot better,, Bortles TD and yardage numbers would likely drop a bit. But his completion % would likely benefit.

Give Bortles a strong running game where he could play off of that (also using his legs, which he's very good),, he really could be "deadly".

Bortles is a poor mans Brett Farve. Brett was never afraid of a 60/40 chance of throwing a Completion vs. INT. He played like an outlaw on the field not giving a rats *** if it was picked. Brett was also one of the funner QBs to watch. 

I see alot of similarities in Bortles and Farve. I think Bortles will forever be a QB thats always talked about 6th to 10th best. Thats fine because those types always eventually get a superbowl. 

Can't wait to see whats next.