Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Settle an argument..

Quote:Paella is a rice based dish with everything but the kitchen sink thrown in. It's got shrimp, mussels, calamari, chicken, roast pork and chorizo.

[Image: 29656_grilled_paella_mixta.jpg]

Don't those shells hurt your teeth?

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Don't those shells hurt your teeth?

Not if you take really small bites...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Kinda looks like cioppino... I could get behind that.

Quote:Kinda looks like cioppino... I could get behind that.

It's a lot less liquidy than that, but the taste is off the charts amazing.

Quote:  

Lol, I have literally no idea what either of those are.
[Image: moussaka.jpg]

Moussaka...

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Quote:  

[Image: Greek-Salad-small.jpg]

Greek Salad...

Quote:  

[Image: grilled-halloumi11.jpg]

Grilled halloumi..

Last meal for me would be a bloody steak, fries, and miller light.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:It's not easy.. I find it especially hard after night shifts, typically because I only sleep for around 3 hours in between night shifts Undecided

I know the drill. I'm doing that today, working a day shift after an evening shift. I couldn't go right to sleep after the evening shift, so I'm on about three hours sleep. But it is OT.

Quote:I know the drill. I'm doing that today, working a day shift after an evening shift. I couldn't go right to sleep after the evening shift, so I'm on about three hours sleep. But it is OT.

Ah man that sucks.

I'm on overtime today.. only a little 9.30am - 5.30pm... just over 3 hours to go!!

Whenever I would go to night shift, I always dreaded the drive home after the first shift. And then trying to stay awake for the Second shift. After that, I got in the groove but man is that 36-ish hour period rough.

Also, I don't revert back to feeling normal for at least a week now.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:Whenever I would go to night shift, I always dreaded the drive home after the first shift. And then trying to stay awake for the Second shift. After that, I got in the groove but man is that 36-ish hour period rough.

Also, I don't revert back to feeling normal for at least a week now.

I know what you mean, my drive home literally takes me 6 minutes.

Although, it's down spindling single carriageway country roads.. these are tricky after night shifts that's for sure..

Quote:I know what you mean, my drive home literally takes me 6 minutes.

Although, it's down spindling single carriageway country roads.. these are tricky after night shifts that's for sure..

Yup! Typically when I work nights it's at a location that's a good hour from my house and similar roads to what you describe. Can get real scary.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCMaOmMCf2MgCFRGGGgodb3QFJw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gourmetscratchmap.com%2Frecipe%2Fmoussaka%2F&psig=AFQjCNEw4nUWTTGTVcZPskaLLFAzcBw1yA&ust=1445677766073619'>[Image: moussaka.jpg]</a>

Moussaka...

Looks like a Greek shepards pie.

Quote:Looks like a Greek shepards pie.

That's essentially what it is...

Quote:Yup! Typically when I work nights it's at a location that's a good hour from my house and similar roads to what you describe. Can get real scary.

I used to have an hours commute, used to get pretty scary after shift, especially in the winter when it's 0degrees and dark..

Quote:Is it wrong to have a Burger King at 8am following a 12 hour night shift.. I say no but my colleague says yes..

When I'm on nights, 8am is essentially my night time, right?
Burger King is about the worst of the worst in terms of fast food, even worse than McDonald's, but at least you get the momentary amusement of green poo...then the disconcerting realization that, three days later, your poo is still as green as the fairways at Sawgrass.

Quote:Burger King is about the worst of the worst in terms of fast food, even worse than McDonald's, but at least you get the momentary amusement of green poo...then the disconcerting realization that, three days later, your poo is still as green as the fairways at Sawgrass.

Haha, we don't tend to have that issue over here (or I don't at least..)..

We don't have as many fast food outlets as over there... but then, we're only a small country by comparison.

I'll pass on the Moussaka!

Quote:Haha, we don't tend to have that issue over here (or I don't at least..)..

We don't have as many fast food outlets as over there... but then, we're only a small country by comparison.

The green poo thing is only from their special Halloween burger. It's not something that just happens when you regularly eat the food there.