Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Yeldon is going to be a star

Yeldon has also been really good in pass protection.
Shock the world

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Yeldon has also been really good in pass protection.

Yeah that's why you draft running backs!

Quote:I'm simply saying nothing I've seen indicates he is an answer but I've heard people on hear claim he's the next Fred.
Nobody is comparing him to Fred.

Quote:Your point?

Is just beyond your grasp.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 01:54 PM by Solid Snake.)

Quote:Is just beyond your grasp.

You spend a 2nd round pick on a RB that can't rush for better than 3.5 ypc a game. But he blocks!!!

Quote:You spend a 2nd round pick on a RB that can't rush for better than 3.5 ypc a game. But he blocks!!!

HE'S PLAYED 5 GAMES.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You spend a 2nd round pick on a RB that can't rush for better than 3.5 ypc a game. But he blocks!!!
lol Not everyone can be Gurley out the gate.

Quote:<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solid Snake" data-cid="580931" data-time="1444664623">
I'm simply saying nothing I've seen indicates he is an answer but I've heard people on hear claim he's the next Fred. He can't even average 4 ypc
</blockquote>

Fred ran behind Boselli and Manuwi.

Yeldon is running behind air

Quote:Fred ran behind Boselli and Manuwi.

Yeldon is running behind air

Robinson ran behind a worse line and he was a converted QB.

Quote:lol Not everyone can be Gurley out the gate.

So our standards are that the 36 pick of 2015 NFL DRAFT are 3.5 ypc and decent blocking? Ok.

Quote:HE'S PLAYED 5 GAMES.

Yeah 4.6 ypc , 120 yds rushing game, 2 tds game any day now

Quote:So our standards are that the 36 pick of 2015 NFL DRAFT are 3.5 ypc and decent blocking? Ok. He's basically a 1st round pick at that selection.

Quote:So our standards are that the 36 pick of 2015 NFL DRAFT are 3.5 ypc and decent blocking? Ok.
Yup. Because thats what I said.

It means that rushing to any judgement right now is useless. 5 games. One of them was a blowout where we didn't really run the ball anyway.

You're only saying this so if he does end up being bad you can say "See.... told you he was bad"

Quote:Yup. Because thats what I said.

It means that rushing to any judgement right now is useless. 5 games. One of them was a blowout where we didn't really run the ball anyway.

You're only saying this so if he does end up being bad you can say "See.... told you he was bad"

Not one of those people who enjoy told ya so's.

Quote:Have to agree with this. I don't know why so many people around here are carrying his jock strap. His average isn't good and he's had plenty of carries at this point. Hopefully things turn around.

Yeldon will be better than average at the position. Hi vision coupled w/his agility will ensure as much. Remember how little playing time he received in the pre-season. He literally just finished his pre-season. When the O-line clicks, he'll perform at an higher level as well...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Yeldon has also been really good in pass protection.

Not like this guy!

[Image: maurice-jones-drew-o.gif]

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

You cant be below 4.0 ypc and be considered anything remotely close to a star player. He dances around too much.

He is solid and will get better but I still think we could have got a decent RB later in the draft (coleman)

Quote:You cant be below 4.0 ypc and be considered anything remotely close to a star player. He dances around too much.

He's a Jaguar pick therefore a star. A good back can manage at bare minimum 4.0 ypc even with a "bad line".

Quote:He's a Jaguar pick therefore a star. A good back can manage at bare minimum 4.0 ypc even with a "bad line".
It's 5 games into his career so he's clearly a bust. Good call man.